Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    if you dont have one yet you might as well just wait for necky to make a return and just grab orbit rifle instead.
    Is there a coherent frequency to Necky events? (when is the next one orz)
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Does PP save bullet effect the launcher if the bullets loaded into the rifle,or just the rifle?
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Is there a coherent frequency to Necky events? (when is the next one orz)
    probably won't be coming back any time soon, you can buy TD VR triggers for SG if you feel lucky tho. File revival is unpredictable

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Does PP save bullet effect the launcher if the bullets loaded into the rifle,or just the rifle?
    Just the rifle : you'll need to load a special launcher bullet to overwrite rifle bullet for it to apply to launcher (and therefore not to rifle)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Just the rifle : you'll need to load a special launcher bullet to overwrite rifle bullet for it to apply to launcher (and therefore not to rifle)
    A bit late but thank you i picked up a launcher bullet too just to save some launcher PP.

On another note,how strong is a full damage upper trap using both Upper Trap Custom and tool mastery max?
    Asking out of sheer curiosity.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    A bit late but thank you i picked up a launcher bullet too just to save some launcher PP.

On another note,how strong is a full damage upper trap using both Upper Trap Custom and tool mastery max?
    Asking out of sheer curiosity.
    something like 20k per tick, really not worth the trouble nowadays (used to be okay back when we didn't deal 3 gazillion times that amount of damage with just about any PA)

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I take jellen shot on my skill tree nowadays, if there's another ranger around that is handeling weakbullets well, or if I know there isnt anything worth WBing coming up for a while, I'll load jellen shot for dumb sphere eraser shinanigans. that said, when I do have wb loaded, I seem to have just enough PP that I can pop over to launcher and use a whole PP bar's worth of sphere on the target, then the WB wears off like a second or two later.

some day this build will pay off when we got weapons much stronger than we got now, and I go back to my basilis launcher and slap it's Phrase Decay onto some already monstrous cannon

I'm going to get an Atra Rifle for RaHu.

For S2, I'm going to get "S2:光子縮減" which reduces pp consumption by 10%.
    And for S4, I'm just going to stick with the Atra Rifle's inherent "S4:静の胆力", which grants super armor after remaining still for a fixed time.

However, for S1, I'm guessing I should probably affix "S1:強闘の志" (強敵への与ダメージが4%上昇する) which increases damage inflicted on bosses by 4%?

And for S3, I'm not so sure...

Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Will_2_Power View Post

For S2, I'm going to get "S2:光子縮減" which reduces pp consumption by 10%.
    And for S4, I'm just going to stick with the Atra Rifle's inherent "S4:静の胆力", which grants super armor after remaining still for a fixed time.

However, for S1, I'm guessing I should probably affix "S1:強闘の志" (強敵への与ダメージが4%上昇する) which increases damage inflicted on bosses by 4%?

And for S3, I'm not so sure...

Any recommendations?
    I'd advise for Vital will S3 if you can get one at a decent price (3% damage whenever HP is above 80%). If that's not the case S3 Offensive Intent is perfectly fine. I'd also go damage S2, specifically the S2 from Mars series ( 3% damage on bosses) over photon reduction, since PP save bullet, traps and roll normals with keep roll shoot are all very efficient for PP management anyway, and RA would rather make the most of every individual PA it can use. It's just an opinion though, S2 Photon reduction is a perfectly fine choice still
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 15, 2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_2_Power View Post

Any recommendations?
    I use restore PP when hit for S2 (and Atra S4 ofc) because my Atra was made for full hurrdurr mode So I can facetank all attacks while spamming PAs like a true Ranger (at least according to sega). Mars S2 sounds really good though, Raifuru is an anti-boss weapon that is mostly useless against trash for which lawnchair exists, so no reason not to use it if you don't want full facetank mode.

p.s. first Ranger to post in half a year, class sure is popular.

@Zeph and Ai:

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

For S2, I'll go with Mars' S2, and for S3, I'll just get Offensive Intent.

Yeah, I actually really dig Ranger; I feel like I can contribute more to the MPA whether its with mobbing with OP Divine Launcher T0, or with solid WB placements. Furthermore, I feel like RaHu's a pretty good tank that dishes out decent damage.

I also like how you have to be more cerebral/strategic and think about things like positioning, setups, enemy data/pattern, MPA composition for effective WB placement, etc.
    Last edited by Will_2_Power; Jun 15, 2018 at 03:32 PM.