Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394 ... LastLast

I finished affix my atra rifle early, so kinda a waste if going change it's SSA
    S1: 2% damage
    S2: Sturdy Recovery
    S3: 4% critical damage
    S4: Massive Stand
    I have 50% base critical chance, so getting support from Te or Bo is very helpful for me
    Kinda want S1: Blue Flash Ocean & S2: Cursed Radiance combination

Why would you want crit? Only Fighter and Gunner mains benefit from it, and Braver kinda since they gain 50% crit chance on katana gear unleash, making crit rings decent for them. Unless you were using a crit ring, really no reason to want that much crit or others using points on it to support you.

With default dex, I test my damage around 95% and 90% damage still happens.
    Critical is to fill up those damage loss, and 4% critical damage with 50% critical chance is roughly equal as 2% damage.
    Yea, I'm wearing critical ring.

Shifta Critical is a waste of points? Sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Velmoria View Post
    4% critical damage with 50% critical chance is roughly equal as 2% damage.
    Just a note, that's not how probability works; each individual hit has a 50% chance to critical, but each successive hit's chance to be critical is independent of the previous, meaning that you cannot average that out to "2%" since you can go 10 hits without a critical with bad RNG, though on the flip side, you can also get 10 criticals in a row with extremely good RNG [think of it like flipping a perfectly balanced coin: if you flip once and you land on tails, are you more likely to land on heads next time? No, you aren't because each flip has the same chance of yielding heads or tails.].
    Basically, all I'm saying is don't confuse "a 50% chance" with "one out of every two."

Which the reason I said "roughly equal", it maybe 10 hits of full critical or 10 hits of no critical. But overall, the amount of critical & non-critical are close.
    Also with lv5 Fury Critical and critical ring, I got 45% critical chance along with 5% base critical chance.
    With support from Te or Bo critical buff, my damage potential will be higher compared using regular damage increase.

TE/RA or RA/TE or RA/BO is pure utility, sure increasing your damage is alright but in the end youre better off using that Rodos rifle. or just play TE/x

In the end, better off using the class we wanted to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Velmoria View Post
    In the end, better off using the class we wanted to play.
    lol

4char

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Just a note, that's not how probability works
    Actually, that's exactly how probability works. They just didn't include all of the factors.

Taking the limit (which nobody says since it's assumed), all non-crits do between 90% and 100% damage, so an average hit is 95%. All crits do ~107% damage (S3 and Crit ring). With a crit rate of exactly 50%, you take half of each and add them together to get an expected damage output of ~101%. Comparing the expected output to a baseline expectation of 5% crit chance (101/95.25) shows an increase in 6.04%.

Switching to Keeper ring is a loss in damage output, and that's without Shifta Critical or Critical Field.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Maybe it can be better phrased as, "Yes, that is probable, but it's not going to happen, because rng". Even with all factors included, you should never expect it to have the best outcome, especially when it's under 50/50. I mean, look at Dudu.