Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    How so? Other than absolutely mediocre extra poison that actually works against bosses upper trap is still meh for anything but PP regen setup when you can't hit the boss.
    While tool mastery is utterly useless still, the poison is still a bit above mediocre, considering it's free damage for how much PP the trap it gives back. I'd say Grav and Stun grenade (yeah I count them as traps) are actually the big winners, since the range upgrade they get from the lv85 skill is quite significant

Other than that, yeah the 2 new skills are such a great addition for RA !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 29, 2018 at 08:42 AM.

FAJA doesn't work with dive roll normal (bug?) and Hu JA combo, wonder if it's time for Fi sub...

FAJA doesn't work with dive roll normal (bug?) and Hu JA combo, wonder if it's time for Fi sub...
    It has already be confirmed first arts doesn't count anything that doesn't initially have a JA window, unlike First Blood. As such, step/roll normals, Stylish roll normals/arts and so on don't proc first JA skill

After testing "First JA" new skill, there are things I would tell.
    - First JA cooldown is 0.25 sec, but the cooldown only start after stopping the combo. So in case spamming button, the skill won't cooldown.
    To be exact, cooldown start after JA timing is too late (a little moment after JA ring disappear).

- Step/diveroll does immediately start the cooldown.
    - First JA doesn't work for Step Attack, so Step JA ring still usable.
    - Ranger get highest benefit on "First JA" skill, especially launcher.

nothing to say about double jump.

Been trying RaFi for some time and it's more manageable than I expected though core Ra problem such as shitty cancel points can lead to early deaths like on desu when you discharge EA against snakes only to see multiple circles beneath that 100% kill you unless you get really lucky with mag heal procs.

Main reason I tried it was to get better than Hu first hit damage because no JA combo but turns out TAJA goes really well with SS. Front/rear stuff is somewhat bad with lawnchair and TAJA doesn't really help it as it's mostly about spamming Divine0>normal>repeat but the lawnchair is OP for mobbing anyway so it doesn't really matter.
    But when it comes to raifuru stances and TAJA are pretty nice - when close Diffuse+Homing0 costs like 21PP with WB loaded doing good damage even without Sharpshooter bonus, for EA you get PP discount too plus you use some filler for both TAJA and SS bonus, SatCan doesn't use TAJA but that's where Wise Stance comes into play. Slider0 is enhanced too as you use it from buffer PA for both SS and TAJA and you can control position for Brave/Wise stance
    Speaking about superarmor - while you lose MH, Atra is more or less mandatory for Ra main and it provides enough superarmor for all Ra business.

I wish SEGA fixed at least cancel points as it wouldn't buff Ra that much anyway as most of the time is spent charging and you lose SS/TAJA/1stHit bonus if you move but that requires Ra to be popular enough for SEGA to pay attention to and with new class coming out it will become even less popular.

Are traps good without the new lvl 85 skill? Are they good with it?
    I haven't played ra since about ep 2 so I know next to nothing but iirc they were pretty bad except the grenades being good pp recovery (and the nice vacuum effect for mobbing) if you max tactics trap.

Also, how to mob on launcher without cosmos breaker (requires over the shoulder mode and I I don't like that)?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Are traps good without the new lvl 85 skill? Are they good with it?
    I haven't played ra since about ep 2 so I know next to nothing but iirc they were pretty bad except the grenades being good pp recovery (and the nice vacuum effect for mobbing) if you max tactics trap.

Also, how to mob on launcher without cosmos breaker (requires over the shoulder mode and I I don't like that)?
    Launch Trap & Poison trap without lv85 skill are good enough for me. It's not something to be relied on.
    I just put them randomly as I rolling around and either let it detonate itself or remote detonate it if there is a chance for it.
    If hit, good. If it miss, no problem.

Not much different in raid boss since we can plan when in good time to place trap for PP recovery.

Manual aim Ranger here, so I can't say much about auto aim launcher.
    Probably either Divine Launcher-0 or Cluster Shot for auto aimer.

Edit:
    In case you asking how to mob with Cosmos Breaker without manual aim, you just need use it on close range (1 diveroll range) and roll to cancel the animation, then launch another attack. Let the ball doing it's work and treat it like a floating mine.

Other PA for mobbing is Flame Bullet which you can pair up with Cosmos Breaker if mobbing at short range.
    Recommended to have Massive Hunter if going close range with launcher.
    Last edited by Velmoria; Nov 11, 2018 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks.
    I was wondering about Flame Bullet cause it seemed good and the dps seemed pretty nice as well but I rarely hear people talk about it.
    Though I have to say lockon Clusterbullet seems to miss easily.

Cluster Bullet has fixed range, can't use too far & too close.
    Most of the time you gonna use Divine Launcher-0. You can craft it yourself or ask someone that has high PA craft level for better chance.

Have the 14* Ceres set for Ranger and wondered if the Set was better w/ Immortal Beat than a Spread Needle + the 13* Launcher with double pp redcution from last Beach 2018 EQ. I wouldn't mind keepign the spread but the Ceres set wouldn't be too bad for its barriers + switching from rifle to launcher and vice versa.