Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4585929394959697 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Have the 14* Ceres set for Ranger and wondered if the Set was better w/ Immortal Beat than a Spread Needle + the 13* Launcher with double pp redcution from last Beach 2018 EQ. I wouldn't mind keepign the spread but the Ceres set wouldn't be too bad for its barriers + switching from rifle to launcher and vice versa.
    14* Ceres Rifle is comparable as Atra Rifle. While having less R-atk (124~154), it has higher damage multiplier.
    As for Immortal Beat potential, the barrier appear after 50th hit which giving 20% Resist & Massive Effect which better than S4:Atra Rifle as long not switching weapon too often as it cancel the buff.

Immortal Breath (1st potential) is more manageable if often switching weapons and either Rifle or Launcher can use diveroll shot to keep the buff timer up.

edit:
    Apparently switching to another 14* Ceres weapon series doesn't cancel the barrier.
    Didn't test if it works between I.Breath & I.Beat potential.
    Last edited by Velmoria; Dec 1, 2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: a little update about 14* Ceres potential

Suggestions for which SSAs to put on 14* Atra AR?

Can describe my playstyle, content I tend to play, etc if need be/more helpful (for instance, I basically don't use Launchers), but figured I'd start out with the simple/straightforward question, in case there are only a couple viable options in the first place (for Ra/Hu Assault Rifle).

I would prefer just straightforward/unconditional SSAs, and to avoid any gimmicky/nonsensical SSAs, as they are usually just a hassle for barely any noticeable benefit (or so it seems/from what I have looked at so far).

So, mostly just looking for suggestions/help in narrowing down the S1/S2/S3 pool of good Ra/Hu AR options.

As for S4, I want to like the AR one, but the conditional aspect of it (with how much you have to constantly move/dodge with most recent content/bosses/etc) bugs me a bit, so also kind of considering the Gunslash S4, or possibly one or two others.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

...I have learned that nobody reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    Suggestions for which SSAs to put on 14* Atra AR?

Can describe my playstyle, content I tend to play, etc if need be/more helpful (for instance, I basically don't use Launchers), but figured I'd start out with the simple/straightforward question, in case there are only a couple viable options in the first place (for Ra/Hu Assault Rifle).

I would prefer just straightforward/unconditional SSAs, and to avoid any gimmicky/nonsensical SSAs, as they are usually just a hassle for barely any noticeable benefit (or so it seems/from what I have looked at so far).

So, mostly just looking for suggestions/help in narrowing down the S1/S2/S3 pool of good Ra/Hu AR options.

As for S4, I want to like the AR one, but the conditional aspect of it (with how much you have to constantly move/dodge with most recent content/bosses/etc) bugs me a bit, so also kind of considering the Gunslash S4, or possibly one or two others.
    If you were playing Ra/Hu correctly by using launchers for mobbing and rifles for bossing only, i'd tell you to go S1 Powering intent, S2 Powering Intent and S3 Offensive Intent or S3 Cursed Radiance.

Great unconditional damage against the only thing rifle is supposed to deal with, and nice PP efficiency if you go cursed radiance, because Ra/Hu can get hit a lot and not bother much, thanks to the rifle S4 and massive hunter (IE charging end attracts or sat cannons while standing still)

My Atra rifle is using S1: Powering Intent, S2: Sturdy Recovery, S3: Skilled Strike & S4 Atra rifle (prefer call it Massive Stand).
    but if I gonna make another 14* rifle for example Ceres Zara rifle, since those S2 & S3 already become too expensive, I would make

S1: White Snow Flash, S2:Nature's Redcution2, S3:Nature's Radiance
    Maybe I should reset my skill tree and get lv10 PP Save Bullet if I really use this SSA setup for rifle.

There are several variations I can think off, but mostly will be Flash SSA.

From what I have in my inventory atm, the best I can do would be:

- S1:強闘の志 - S1:Powering Intent - Increase damage dealt to bosses by 4%.
    - S2:光子縮減 - S2:Photon Reduction - Reduces PP consumption by 10%.
    - S3:光子縮減 - S3:Photon Reduction - Reduces PP consumption by 7%.

That is the only S2 I have that isn't one of the Flash-related/dependent ones, and just have one copy of it. Only have the one copy of that S1 as well (but I wasn't really planning on upgrading more weapons atm anyway). I do have enough copies to do one of the Mars weapon SAF's, but don't have the meseta or materials to grind it atm, and not planning on a reaffix just yet anyway. Oh and I would have to get that Mars weapon up to 8s as well if I am not mistaken, so that will have to wait anyway most likely.

As for player shops, the only thing remotely affordable (for me) is:

- S3:剛撃の志 - S3:Offensive Intent - Increase damage by 2%.

Everything else, from ones I was considering to ones you guys have mentioned, are anywhere from 10mil-105mil. I think I have about 7.5m atm, which will take a bit for the transfers anyway, so none of those are happening.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

S2: Nature's Reduction 2 (add ability item): Reduces PP consumption by 14% when Red/Blue/White flash active.
    While S2 & S3 Photon Reduction total would be 16.3%

at Ship 2: White Flash should cost around 4m~5m
    S2: Nature's Reduction 2 (add ability item) cost like 1m~2m
    S3:Nature's Radiance should cost around 3m if I remember

I do agree that aside S1: Powering Intent, most of good non-flash S2 & S3 now are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Velmoria View Post
    S2: Nature's Reduction 2 (add ability item): Reduces PP consumption by 14% when Red/Blue/White flash active.
    While S2 & S3 Photon Reduction total would be 16.3%

at Ship 2: White Flash should cost around 4m~5m
    S2: Nature's Reduction 2 (add ability item) cost like 1m~2m
    S3:Nature's Radiance should cost around 3m if I remember

I do agree that aside S1: Powering Intent, most of good non-flash S2 & S3 now are expensive.
    I wasn't really planning on using both of the PP reduction S2/S3, just mentioning that was the best I had available.

As for the conditional ones (xyz Flash), I suppose I can ask a bit more about them for clarity then writing them off entirely. The most important thing I would need to know first, would probably be:

- What is the time frame/window in which those numbers are supposed to be achieved (the 450k dmg or 150pp etc)? I can't really evaluate them (SSAs) much further, or at least accurately, without knowing that part at least. I looked a few places and not seeing any specific mentions or numbers.

Or maybe I just need a more thorough description of the Flash activation/duration/etc as a whole, because aside from swiki I don't see anything with much of any detail anywhere, unless I missed it.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    - What is the time frame/window in which those numbers are supposed to be achieved (the 450k dmg or 150pp etc)? .
    - Red Petal Flash: active when dealing total 450k damage
    1) If dealing 1000 damage 450 times regardless how long it takes, it actives, giving 3% damage boost & last 30 sec.
    2) If dealing total 450k damage again in middle time of previous activation, the timer reset back to 30 sec.

- White Snow Flash
    Same mechanic, but need spend total 150 PP to gain 20% PP attack recovery, last 30 sec.

- Blue Ocean Flash
    Same mechanic, but need take damage with total 600 HP to gain 4%HP/sec recovery, last 30 sec.

There also Yellow Moon Flash, Green Leaf Flash & Black Shadow Flash that have bit unique active condition for each of them and they all last 20 sec.
    - Yellow : Perform Just Guard to get 8% PP cost reduce. (also work with H-ero parry, Nabarta-0 & Tech Charge Parry, possibly Fi & Gu's parry too)
    - Green : Toggle OFF & ON every 20 sec, when ON give 8% damage resist & Massive Effect.
    - Black : Stand still for 5 sec to gain 20% PP Natural Recovery for 20 sec.

Important note: Changing weapon can cause to turn off Flash effect, even if both have same Flash.
    Last edited by Velmoria; Dec 17, 2018 at 02:23 AM.

SSA Swap exists, you don't need to upslot a weapon to 8s to swap an S2 Powering Intent you put in the same Mars with the S2 you currently have in your 8s Atra.

This means that all you have to do is grind the Mars to +35, affix its own S2 Powering Intent to itself, and then, no matter the slots, you'll be able to swap the S2 from Mars with whatever S2 you have in your Atra, all without having to reaffix anything. This works even if your Mars is 1s and your Atra is 8s. This also means you'll keep the Mars for future uses, all you'll have to do is affix Powering Intent to itself again and you'll be able to swap again.

Flashes aren't too great, other than Blue Ocean Flash for certain quests, and rifle has the easiest time deciding which SSA to use. You either want damage with two strong and easy to get SSA (Powering Intent S1 and S2) and then Offensive Intent S3, or you want some more specialized SSA, like Blue Ocean Flash S1 and Cursed Radiance S2 and S3 on a Zara Rifle, which makes you really tanky and very PP efficient for things like Remnants of the Other Worlds (Solo UQ) or an Elzelion Trigger if you decide to go solo. But as mentioned, it's very specific and I recommend the damage SSA.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by DavidAG; Dec 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velmoria View Post
    Ah okay, they do seem more usable than I had anticipated (thought the timing windows were going to be very specific or short and thus make it hard to accomplish regularly). Although for having such limitations or specific requirements, they don't seem to add much over other straightforward/flat bonuses, unless it comes with the combo S2/3 helper ones for it maybe? I don't necessarily mind conditionals, but for me/personally, unless it is a mostly guaranteed condition, the bonus for it being a 'maybe' needs to be noticeable enough to pass up the 'definitive,' if that makes sense. (I will admit I am typing this without actually looking up the companion S2/3's though, so that might be the case )

Also, I noticed you mentioning having the Skilled Strike S3 on one of your ARs... Does that help for Rangers? I thought crit stuff was mostly for other classes, but maybe that has changed since I last looked into all of that. I do actually have one copy of that, but figured I had no use for it (and looks like it sells for 10mil or so). As of right now I just have the S1 & S3 I mentioned previously of what I already had. S2 waiting til I can afford to grind the Mars.

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAG View Post
    Ah, I completely overlooked/didn't think through that SAF+SSA swap mechanic. I haven't messed with SAFs much other than plans that never ended up happening, so have no actual 'experience' with affixing with them involved. The fact that you can reuse them (SSA SAFs) like that though, almost seems broken in a way (and means I probably didn't need to grind CFs for 6 copies of several Mars weapons then...oops). But I assume they know what they were doing and it was intentional? Although doesn't that mean the same could be done with extra Atras/other 14*s/etc once people start getting multiples? Feels like an unintended spiral they might not have planned for, but probably not my call to make lol.

And Cursed Radiance was one I was considering, but I don't have a copy and it is a bit too far out of my price range, even if I used a shop pass and sold some stuff. I do try to avoid damage as much as possible, even though my /Hu subclass build and unit affixes are built a bit more for durability/survivability than raw power, so I probably don't need to avoid as much as I do. (Then again I don't play on Expert blocks/matching, so maybe I do need to be the 'survivable tank' to revive people.. As a Ranger... And apparently half the people that play don't even bring revive items anymore it seems, so a weak group burns through the few you can bring really fast.)

-----------------------

One other question (to anyone) as well: With the Atra AR S4... Does it work similar to Standing Snipe when using Parallel Slider-0? What I mean is that when you first start PS-0, if I have Standing Snipe active, it keeps the same damage output the entire time I use it, even if dancing around the new EQ for a minute straight. I am leveling a Standing Sign ring just because, and I notice it does go away the second I start moving. So Standing Snipe is remaining (presumably because it was 'as I started the PA') but I am technically not standing still anymore (as Standing Sign disappears). I use PS-0 a lot, probably more than I should, but I like being mobile (it's always been the one issue/gripe I had with Ra: being that a lot of the class is built around 'being still' yet they changed boss/enemy design to force you to be mobile ), so figured it was probably pretty important to know if that S4 is actually going to remain active during PS-0 or not, because if not it could change a lot of things, whether it be picking a different S4 altogether or just re-changing my playstyle to using PS-0 less.

[Also, just to make sure I don't have anything wrong with mine when I reset the skill trees a while back, any chance I could get an up-to-date skill tree/build for 85/85 (or 90/90 I guess) Ra/Hu?]

Thanks.
    Last edited by nyaaaaa; Dec 22, 2018 at 04:59 AM.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.