Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46869394959697 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    One other question (to anyone) as well: With the Atra AR S4... Does it work similar to Standing Snipe when using Parallel Slider-0? What I mean is that when you first start PS-0, if I have Standing Snipe active, it keeps the same damage output the entire time I use it, even if dancing around the new EQ for a minute straight. I am leveling a Standing Sign ring just because, and I notice it does go away the second I start moving. So Standing Snipe is remaining (presumably because it was 'as I started the PA') but I am technically not standing still anymore (as Standing Sign disappears). I use PS-0 a lot, probably more than I should, but I like being mobile (it's always been the one issue/gripe I had with Ra: being that a lot of the class is built around 'being still' yet they changed boss/enemy design to force you to be mobile ), so figured it was probably pretty important to know if that S4 is actually going to remain active during PS-0 or not, because if not it could change a lot of things, whether it be picking a different S4 altogether or just re-changing my playstyle to using PS-0 less.

[Also, just to make sure I don't have anything wrong with mine when I reset the skill trees a while back, any chance I could get an up-to-date skill tree/build for 85/85 (or 90/90 I guess) Ra/Hu?]

Thanks.

S3 Skilled strike doesn't really work for RA as it has a low crit rate. S3 Offensive intent would provide you more damage than S3 Skilled strike

Also, important clarification regarding Standing Snipe and Atra S4. Standing Snipe works on an action per action basis. If you were moving before using say End Attract, it will never get SS bonus, but conversely if you stand still then use Pslider 0, then it will keep the SS bonus even if you move during the PA. In Atra S4 case, this is purely 1 second. Moving during Pslider 0 will break it, and charging End Attract/Satellite Cannon will build it mid PA. It's still extremely good because the two aforementioned PAs are used a lot to deal damage to bosses, but conversely leave you very vulnerable, and the S4 greatly alleviates the risks when it comes to comitting to those.

About S3 Skiled Strike it already been discussed before.
    Basically as RaHu, base critical + Fury Critical + Critical Ring = 50%
    So by glance it's comparison 50% for 4% crtical damage and 100% 2% damage boost.
    But Critical damage always max damage while regular damage depends on Dex (expect around 95% with base Dex).
    Also I have teammate who use Te class so I'm fine with 50% base critical chance.

About how Atra S4 works, whatever action being done, Atra S4 active after standing still for 1 second and cancelled when move.
    Example: if you jump and start charge End Attract, Atra S4 active at lv1 charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Velmoria View Post
    About S3 Skiled Strike it already been discussed before.
    Basically as RaHu, base critical + Fury Critical + Critical Ring = 50%
    So by glance it's comparison 50% for 4% crtical damage and 100% 2% damage boost.
    But Critical damage always max damage while regular damage depends on Dex (expect around 95% with base Dex).
    Also I have teammate who use Te class so I'm fine with 50% base critical chance.

About how Atra S4 works, whatever action being done, Atra S4 active after standing still for 1 second and cancelled when move.
    Example: if you jump and start charge End Attract, Atra S4 active at lv1 charge.
    unti you stop consider the rings themselves. With Automate, Atomizer Lovers and/or lifesteal, P-Keeper gives you 3% almost all the time. However, cit strike ring will only give you 3% damage half of the time as well, which gives
    -3% and 2% give around roughly 5% (or roughly 4.6% if you want to assume you'll lose P-Keeper a few times), still with 30% crit from fury critical because RA has too many points to spare for this tree anyway
    vs 2% and 1.5% for ring, which gives 3.6% with only 20% extra crit worth of variance.

Previous posts didn't even account P-Keeper build taking fury crit, which is definitely now a thing you can do with the points from 90 cap and also assumed offensive vs Skilled S3, but you could also go the extra mile and take Vital if you're confident about staying above the HP threshold.

Naturally if you always play with BO or TE 100% of the time to get a sweet additional crit bonus, then sure. The crit setup isn't even bad by any stretch, just the amount of sinked money for how unreliable and minor the increase it gives is compared to a more classic build is...quite a problem especially if you're starting to gear up
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 23, 2018 at 05:31 AM.

I just noticed I still have Air Reversal on my rear unit (oops), so figured might as well double check what the current ideal ring setup(s) are (for Ra/Hu at least), if it has changed anyway, before making any changes.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

...I have learned that nobody reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    I just noticed I still have Air Reversal on my rear unit (oops), so figured might as well double check what the current ideal ring setup(s) are (for Ra/Hu at least), if it has changed anyway, before making any changes.
    It depends on personal preference. As for myself, I use Mate Lover(Rear), Non-weak Launcher(Arm) & Evasive Jump (Leg)
    Left Ring : WB Ring & Launcher Mode Ring
    Right ring : R-Critical ring & HP Restorate Ring
    using macro to switch between them.

Mate Lover & Evasive Jump rings are the setup that allow me to win against Phaleg during Ep4 since I don't rely on Automate (lv0) & Iron Will (lv1)
    and that time I still believed that Dive Roll Advance was waste of SP.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

what's a good s4 for launcher; rifle s4 seems alright for letting me use sphere eraser without getting knocked out of it, but the other PAs would interrupt it too much. Partisan s4 could be fun if I can figure out how to get enough PP for it to be worth my while, gunslash s4 seems boring and lame, but I may want to consider Colored Spectrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    what's a good s4 for launcher; rifle s4 seems alright for letting me use sphere eraser without getting knocked out of it, but the other PAs would interrupt it too much. Partisan s4 could be fun if I can figure out how to get enough PP for it to be worth my while, gunslash s4 seems boring and lame, but I may want to consider Colored Spectrum?
    if has at least 1 of those flash skill to use whit colored spectrum, i guess is fine, but i recomend the S4 of the dual saber, genesis ring, as let you change the element of the launcher at will using the right guard ring, im not telling you place 5 guard rings on the inventory and macro change it every now and then, just wear the ring of the most common enemy in quest if the element of the launcher doens't match (for example, wear the fire guard ring if you're doing a quest in naberius, as all natives are weak to fire)

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsHawk View Post
    if has at least 1 of those flash skill to use whit colored spectrum, i guess is fine, but i recomend the S4 of the dual saber, genesis ring, as let you change the element of the launcher at will using the right guard ring, im not telling you place 5 guard rings on the inventory and macro change it every now and then, just wear the ring of the most common enemy in quest if the element of the launcher doens't match (for example, wear the fire guard ring if you're doing a quest in naberius, as all natives are weak to fire)
    I'm kinda sorry to say this but it's actually a bad idea for any class that isn't tech-based. The bonus from Perfect-Keeper ring beats the bonus damage you get from element matching, with a vastly easier to deal with conditional, especially with all the multi-element mobbing we get. I wouldn't say it's not viable though, just a lot of hassle for a result you could achieve in an easier way.

Sadly, Launcher doesn't have any good SSA of worth for S4. Calming intent (13% on normals) is okay on launcher but it's also stupidly expensive, sooo. Colored Spectrum s decent for launcher, but only reliable S1 is red petal, and it still needs some buildup to work. You could also actually hope to simply not use the S4 in favor of any affix and call it a day.

started ra/gu and got to lv65, can anyone tell me what's the point of Homing Emission ? it's slow and weak

What else to get?
    This is my tree atm, lvl 100 and 11 SP left:
    https://bit.ly/39OIZD1

What else to get?
    I mainly use that Corrupt Cannon something or other sheet launcher which increases Sphere Eraser charge speed and normal attack speed. Making me think it's a good idea being able to spam some Special bullet on Launcher for frequent +100 atk and mainly apparently a 20% pp cost reduction for the entire time a special bullet is loaded.
    I have a great pp battery gs so I won't be refilling pp with normals anyway.

My main options for the remaining SP are Jellen Shot, which is a pretty nice damage reduction and since it affects the whole boss regardless where I hit there is no chance to run out of it before cd ends, meaning I can always keep up the 20% pp cost reduction from PP Save Bullet.

On the other hand Panic Shot + First sounds nice as well, because First Hit ought to be pretty neat for mobbing. But of course that comes with the constant Temptation.