Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    That's a mistranslation, it says the opposite (rare drop boosters do increase the drop rates of area drops).
    They do?

I'd preferably not sift through all the the text on the images, could someone please post only the part where they talk about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    That's a mistranslation, it says the opposite (rare drop boosters do increase the drop rates of area drops).
    Thanks for pointing this out - I messed up (I did this translation at 2AM into Notepad, passed out, and next day just posted everything without rechecking). That said, my apologies for riling a few people up - I went over the section again, and realized the mistake I made (the multiple checks thing - it actually says it won't check for multiple area drops); first post has been edited to reflect this.

So the real deal is that rare boost does affect area drops. But Area drops are considered an item of its own, so for each enemy, it's true it can drop anything from the appropriate area list. But what can't happen is one enemy spitting out multiple area drops (this is where I messed up).

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    They do?

I'd preferably not sift through all the the text on the images, could someone please post only the part where they talk about this?
    It's in the Dengeki scan first page. The very first section is the interview with Suganuma, and he is asked right at the beginning how 10* items in ULT are treated to which Suganuma goes into classifying then as area drops, and how area drops actually work.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Dec 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks for clarifying that , now i'm sure i was hunting XH weapons the right way

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    They have mecha banthers in Nova already.

Seems like a given that they'll be reusing them for Lilipa UQ in PSO2.
    those just look like the "augmented" versions of enemies that nova has; I'm thinking we are getting something more akin to how the quarry mecha-wolves are actual robots

All that happened for the yedi types in Ultimate was that they absorbed all the urine in the snow before it disappeared and now they are ultimate beings!

At least every other enemy type has some different physical features other than their color.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    From what I recall, Nova wasn't that big a hit sales wise.

I got this gamble wrong during EP2-5 (they blew apart everyone's expectations, honestly), but I'm going to go against common sense, bet on black a second time, and say they'll recycle Mecha-Banther models from Nova.

I mean, Ult-Nab enemy variants don't look ALL that different from their regular counterparts from what I've seen (apart from Ange, which reminds me of Elder somewhat, and Diaboi, which looks like a bigass Aginis using Vol Dragon model bones).
    Actually, Nova sold pretty well, it's just that the first sales week report only recorded a couple days' worth of sales so it looked bad.

Internally, Diabo is named the same as Vol Dragon, just with Ultimate slapped on it. But Diabo, next to Anga (which is the only Ultimate enemy without a non-Ultimate counterpart), is the most unique Ultimate enemy, having virtually nothing in common with Vol Dragon beyond fire attacks (that are nothing like Vol's) and basic body build. We can expect the exact same treatment for mecha Banther and Banshee. Particularly since their internal names are actually slightly different (one specifies having a blade, another specifies having a gun), so they're actually going to be different from each other instead of Banther being Banshee+.

I don't understand your point about the gun/shield/blade + rocket wolves in Quarry. Internally, they're referred to as wolves, and Ban pair are referred to as panthers. The datamined Ultimate enemies are referred to as panthers, which means they're Ban pair.

PS Nova still sold well, don't see what you're talking about bringing up stuff like that.