Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I need an armor upgrade

I'm a level 83 ramarl with the purplenum ID. I need help on what armor i should be hunting for around this level. The one I have now isn't cutting it anymore but non legendary armor isn't much better.

You never stated what you're playing on so I'll assume it's the GCN/Xbox version and you're stuck offline.

Have you reached Ultimate yet? A lot of the good stuff doesn't show up until you hit ultimate. The other thing is your level, at your current level you won't be able to equip some of the better stuff.

Skimming through the drop charts, there isn't really much to hunt for. You could hunt for a spirit garment and a magic rock moola to make an aura field (Best armor in the game), but you wouldn't be able to wear that until L152. You could probably seek out an Attribute Wall for now as it's a pretty good shield. Best bet for it is V.Hard's Gi-Gue (Over in Ep2's Seaside)

Spirit Garment
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...04&sortby=name

Magic Rock Moola
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...81&sortby=name

Attribute Wall
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...69&sortby=name

Instead, I think you should focus on these specific things.
    1. More levels
    2. Getting an armor with 4 slots in it regardless of stats - Check armor drops often for slot info or check the armor shop a lot. You're guaranteed to see one if you keep at it.
    3. Slot Units (God/Arm, Metal/Body, Dragon/HP, Ogre/Power, etc.)
    4. Finding better weapons.
    5. Maybe reworking your mag into something that focuses on Power and Dex only.
    6. Find Tech disks. Specifically higher versions of things in support (Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure). Try to find something in the 17-20 range.

Unit Drop Information
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=813

God/Arm
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...icle&artid=147

Tech Disk drops
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icles&secid=69

Let's assume you play on the Lamecube...if you play offline only then you gonna have to endure with your gear for now(probable Spirit Garment or something not rare with better stats).

If you play online then you can go for a Parasite Wear:Vajulla (lvl.89 needed Stink frame + 3x Parasitic Cell Type D).

For anything else you need to grind to lvl.121+ to be able to equip it(DF Field lvl.121, Electro Frame lvl.122...).

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Thank you very much guys and I apologize for not stating that I'm on gc. What would you recommend I do for fastest leveling up? As for my mag I'm currently using a nidra with 5/def 45/pow 50/dex and 100/mind. Should I start on a new mag?

For your Ramarl you really don't need mind...so you better make a new one something in the range of 5/135/60/0 and when you reach a higher level make one with less DEX and more POW.

For grinding i would say Mines(since they are quite short and you can get those drops on your id. Yasminkov 9000M, Parts of Baranz & Ruby Bullet)...also the Ruins Quest Retired Hunter (DF Field, Spread Needle, Red Mechgun). There are some other quest but they're mostly a drag and ain't really fun to play one after another.

Rapid99
    Last edited by Rapid99; Jan 4, 2015 at 01:40 PM.
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Oh boy the mines. I've spent enough time there trying to get guilty light. What do the baranz parts turn into? Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Miketo View Post
    Thank you very much guys and I apologize for not stating that I'm on gc. What would you recommend I do for fastest leveling up? As for my mag I'm currently using a nidra with 5/def 45/pow 50/dex and 100/mind. Should I start on a new mag?
    Definitely a new mag. As Rapid99 says, you don't need mind. Useful for using disks early but that's about it. Your natural MST is more than enough for Resta.

Generally I tend to make a mag with 5/145/50/0. 50 to Dex only to get a full point in ATA rather than a half point (since 2 levels = 1 ATA).

As far as leveling goes, are you already in Ultimate? If so, just try to work on quests and Forest/Caves runs for the time being since you're only level 83 (and likely lacking in the weapon department too) in ultimate. If you're lucky, you could run into the rare hildetorr and get yourself a Frozen Shooter, an essential weapon for a ranger.

If you're in Very Hard, Ruins is worth your time since you could end up with the delsaber's left arm (Turns in to the delsaber shield).

Oh boy the mines. I've spent enough time there trying to get guilty light. What do the baranz parts turn into? Thanks for all the help.
    The Guilty Light is terrible weapon fyi, I wouldn't bother with it.

The baranz parts turns into the Baranz Launcer. A shotgun type with a charge special. Probably the best shotgun type in the game besides the spread needle
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...icle&artid=214

Don't waste your time farming for VH drops...just try pushing your character through ULT Forest and Caves and do some Quest in between then continue with Mines and Ruins and the rest of the quests.
    And when you unlock all the quests then you are more or less left to farm those that drop the items that are relevant to your class...like the two i mentioned in previous post, you can also add Forest of Sorrow(Frozen Shooter/God arm) and don't forget to check your ID drop charts to see what is worth hunting down.

I mostly use on my Ramarl a Frozen shooter/Snow Queen, Baranz Launcher and charge Mechguns(available in shop after lvl 135 or so) and they are more useful than any red box Mechs with 0's...also add Fake in Yellow to your list for some Meseta farming.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Thanks so much for all of the advice. As of last week i piped to get a the frozen shooter and i am in love with it. Are quests really worth doing? Currently I am level 91 and i made it to the ruins. I can walk through the mines fairly easily, so should i keep going for ruby bullet? And how good are the red weapons? I can only get the mechs and handgun with my ID so should i bother for those? And do you have personal experience with the bringers rifle arm and belra arm?

Ruby Bullet is ok, but i would concentrate more on getting the Parts of Baranz. The Red weapons are more meh, by the time they drop you will be able to purchase the 50hit Charge Mechs in the shop and if you know how to glitch them you are unstoppable. Belra Cannon is rather more a novelty weapon then useful, Bringer's Rifle is ok if you can switch fast for using the special(or if you are one of those who like to stay near a door and shoot from a far distance, just to be safe). But then again everyone has his own playing style (^_−).

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""