Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy How Force and Techers excel esp. in TACO?

I have been playing PSO2 in the SEA server since the start of the open beta series. Currently, my Force is Lv. 51 and my Techer (sub-classed) is Lv. 38. I can't seem to excel on damages in Time Attack Client Orders.

Here's my damage range per TACO quest (weak points considered):

Naberius
    a. Rafoie : 1K ~ 1.3K on a Woodan
    b. Zan : 400 ~ 600 per sonic blade on any Naberian creature.
    c. Foie: 800 ~ 1K per blast on a Galph
    d. Grants: 400 on every ray on a Dark Ragne.

Lilipur
    a. Zonde : 1.4K ~ 1.6K on a Spardan A

Amduskia

a. Megid: 1.2K ~ 1.3K on accidental attack on any Dragorii
    b. Samegid: 700 per blast.
    c. Zonde: 1K ~ 1.3K on a Micta and Ahl Micta and peaks @ 1.5K on a Dhargacha/Dhargash
    d. Rafoie: 2.5K on a Dagan and Krada when hit under its body and 1.5K on the other D-arkers. 800 on a Gawonda. To Gwanada, I deal 1.1K ~ 1.2K aiming @ its head and doubles it when targeted on his belly.

Here are my current statistics with regards to my Fo/Te character.

Mag Statistics:

• - Magic Lv. 68
    • - Aptitude Lv. 1
    • - The rest is 0.

Related Character Information:

• Photon Magic: 1217
    • Aptitude: 356

Equipment Information:
    Rod: Milky Twinkle +9 (Photon Magic IV only)
    Armor: Jagd Set (No Upgrades yet)

---

My action plan are the following:

1. I am planning to gather the Ragne set and aug them with Ragne soul (if not yet in place) and Photon Magic IV on every piece.

2. Continue to feed my Mag to gain a boost of magic to be able to equip Lambda Garland + 10 and aug it with the Ragne Soul and Photon Magic IV (if Dudu/Monica will cooperate with me. )

3. If I can get a 10-star rod/wand/talis, then I'll try to aug them with the same aug as #2 (if, again, Dudu/Monica will cooperate with me. )

---

My question is that, are there anything I can improve or something to practice on to deal enough damage to cope up with Gunner's DPS moves? I am feeling discouraged when my teammates were always the first one to get in the next area while I, still casting my P. Magics with the enemy, so it was like, 'Hey, hurry up, we don't have much time...' or something.

My problem also applies during Urgent Quests. When I'm battling Dark Falz Arm, I can only deal damage as heavy as 5K~8K damage, weak bullet/cripple bullet already applied to the weak spot of Falz Arm. I can't even improve my shock rate with the Falz Elder.

Any thoughts and advices are much appreciated.

This might me somewhat difficult for a lot of us to answer as I don't think there are many SEA players on this board, but I can give it a crack-

What does your skill tree look like? We might find the answer in there- though I am unsure as to what skills are available to be taken on the SEA server at this time.

Your action plans seem good though, assuming that the stats everything gives on SEA match the stats they give on JP. Ragne Souls are great for your level. I assume Photon Magic IV corresponds to JP's Technique IV - in which case this is also good, though it may be a lot less of a headache for you to go for Photon Magic III instead (again, assuming affix rates are the same between SEA and JP).

A decent for Forces, relatively cheap (at least on JP) third affix with a high chance of success is Latan Fever, if you guys have that one over there.

Finally, the armours - again, this is assuming Set bonuses are the same between SEA and JP, and that you have these armours available - at your level, I'd be inclined to check out the Folly Set and the Heiremjees.

As you no doubt have gathered by now I don't have much of an idea of where the SEA server's at =P but hopefully there's some useful advice up there to start with anyway.

You would need to link a skill tree, that's probably where the biggest part of the issue is.

Wink

Hello guys,

Thank you for answering some of my concerns. Here are some of my replies with Hysteria1987's answer.

---

This might me somewhat difficult for a lot of us to answer as I don't think there are many SEA players on this board, but I can give it a crack-
    [Pico] I'll cooperate with you guys on comparing SEA definitions to JP definitions

What does your skill tree look like? We might find the answer in there- though I am unsure as to what skills are available to be taken on the SEA server at this time.
    [Pico] Here's my skill tree for both Force and Techer. SEA's equivalent of Force is Wizard, while Techer is as is.

Current - Force/Wizard Skill Tree

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...ku/ForceP1.jpg
    http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...ku/ForceP2.jpg

Current - Techer Skill Tree
    http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...u/TecherP1.jpg
    http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...u/TecherP2.jpg

Your action plans seem good though, assuming that the stats everything gives on SEA match the stats they give on JP. Ragne Souls are great for your level. I assume Photon Magic IV corresponds to JP's Technique IV - in which case this is also good, though it may be a lot less of a headache for you to go for Photon Magic III instead (again, assuming affix rates are the same between SEA and JP).
    [Pico] P. Magic IV = Technique IV, you're right! And affix rates... well... hahahaha! No idea there dude!

A decent for Forces, relatively cheap (at least on JP) third affix with a high chance of success is Latan Fever, if you guys have that one over there.
    [Pico] Latan Fever is usually available from Halloween Rappies. I hope I can still gather Pumpkin Rods with this augmentation

Finally, the armours - again, this is assuming Set bonuses are the same between SEA and JP, and that you have these armours available - at your level, I'd be inclined to check out the Folly Set and the Heiremjees.
    [Pico] As far as I experience, Set Bonuses from JP and SEA are same. Hmm... for those items, I think I can't hunt for that for our current patch. But I'll take that into consideration once I saw people having those sets already. I'll go for Ragne set for some time. For the Folly set, I can use the lower version (Fegali Set) to accomodate the +60 Magic bonus. If I'll use that, what would be my Arm armour?
    Last edited by picogenkaku; Jan 11, 2015 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks for the skill tree shots, I do have some advice regarding them-

Firstly, this is going to be very much a playstyle thing, but if you're after efficiency and power, I'd choose one element for Force, and one for Techer, rather than dividing skillpoints between the different elements. I used to run Ice and Dark, I now run Fire and Light.

I see you've gone for the charged tech percentage boosts as well- good choice there, though I'd get rid of the Advanced Normal Magics (unless you need skills that are under them or are running an Elysion). Restore PP Charge I see you've also taken- good choice there too.

For when you get a 10* weapon too, I'd put just one point into Rare Mastery.

If you run a Talis you can benefit from the Deck Tech Bonus, which on top of everything else does make Talises rather powerful- especially if you use a Talis that has a potential that boosts your element of choice.

Now, I'm sure I saw a skill that boosted the percentages on Perfect Strikes - if those are the same as JP's Just Attacks, I'd advise maxing that and making as many of your attacks a Just Attack/Perfect Strike as possible.

One point in Perfect Recovery (between FO and TE- only one of them needs to have it) could also be worth your while.

On the TE side, besides the advice that counts for it from the FO side... I think SEA is still at a point where Shifta and Deband are not all that useful, so I'd try not to put too many points into boosting them yet, which is what I see you've done, so looking good there.

Elemental Weak Point and PP Convert are real good ones to get, but otherwise my advice basically matches the FO side of things - one element for efficiency and all that =P

If you guys don't have a Heiremjees yet, see if you have a Varemjees. If not, anything remotely handy to you should do the trick for now.

If SEA's codebase is where I think it is, nobody will be outdoing Gunners for a while yet... but if you guys are getting the PSO2JP patches still coming through, well, they've got a surprise coming... =P

Back when the level cap was 55 during the mid VH days, huh? It's a shame you don't have Fi sub unlocked because Fire Fo/Fi were top notch for TAs during this time.

Going all in on Fire allowed you to do high 3k per Foie if you had a Fi sub, regardless of elemental weakness. You'd do almost mid 4k on any enemy weak to fire, though.
    Fo/Te was rather lacking during this time.

Snow Banther set/ Purple Wing Luxe set were top choices then. Hmm, do you have the Negro set at +90t-atk yet? It looks like SEA have been getting patched stuff, then? Fegali sure as heck didn't have +60 back then.

Looks like Elder Rod was pretty much the best back then, that isn't difficult to get as a drop assuming drop rates weren't changed at all.
    Last edited by Bellion; Jan 1, 2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Maybe my memory actually sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Back when the level cap was 55 during the mid VH days, huh? It's a shame you don't have Fi sub unlocked because Fire Fo/Fi were top notch for TAs during this time.

Going all in on Fire allowed you to do high 3k per Foie if you had a Fi sub, regardless of elemental weakness. You'd do almost mid 4k on any enemy weak to fire, though.
    It's kind of ridiculous. Some people have told me that some power adjustments well into episode 2/3 (which SEA isn't at yet) have made it in, though I don't remember for what exactly. Hell, Talis/Deck tech bonus didn't exist 'till... Episode 2?

Drops, however, are pretty consistent.

Snow Banther set/ Purple Wing Luxe set were top choices then. Hmm, do you have the Negro set at +90t-atk yet? It looks like SEA have been getting patched stuff, then? Fegali sure as heck didn't have +60 back then.

Looks like Elder Rod was pretty much the best back then, that isn't difficult to get as a drop assuming drop rates weren't changed at all.
    They do have some of the updated set effects. Blitz is pretty popular because of this. If the Negro set is out, it should definitely be updated with the new set effect. They also have AQs now, so Seitenheise is a good option as well.

This is getting interesting...

---

With regards to the Advanced Normal Magics, I am planning not to add anymore points to that skill, even with Advanced Magic Perfect Strike. I'll leave it to just one point. Well, if there is a good reason I have to place some, then I'll listen to the idea first.

With the 10* weapon bonus, yeah, I won't forget that! =) Just one point though :P

JP's Just Attack = SEA's Perfect Strike

I'd advise maxing that and making as many of your attacks a Just Attack/Perfect Strike as possible. - I'll take note of this! =)

I see, the Varemjees set! We have that too (Valemgies in SEA I think...) I once sold a piece of it when I was using Gu/Ra. T_T Too bad I sold one. Question, is that an "arm only" equipment or does it have a set?

As far as I heard from rumors, Episode 2 of PSO2 SEA will be this month. Well... hahahahaha! Can't really comment on how Asiasoft progresses with patches. But as per sneak peek, Braver will be opened to us this month also.

We have the Schlatch/Sloat set from the Snow Banther. The Negro set is I think not yet available in our current patch. I've used the Fegali set which has the stated +60 bonuses.

Seitenweise... huhuhu very OP Hahahahaha! That's why I need to TACO more :P
    Last edited by picogenkaku; Jan 2, 2015 at 02:04 AM.

Updates:

• I got myself a Radiant Ether (Seitenheise) weapon, and currently, +8 T_T Very difficult to upgrade. Currently I can't equip it yet because I lack 30 magic points, so waiting for my mag and leveling my Techer will be a viable option for now.
    • I also got a Valemgies (Varemjees) Arm part and having difficulty placing a Photon Magic III (Technique III) huhuhu. haha