Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

If it plays like Xenoblade I wouldn't be that excited. Make it either play in turns or action, not what they did with that game...

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    If it plays like Xenoblade I wouldn't be that excited. Make it either play in turns or action, not what they did with that game...
    Nintendo Power overhyped Last Story. I'll pass on xenoblade chronicals because of the scandal with Gamestop over acquiring a copy.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I've never heard of anyone that actually played xenoblade disliking it @_@

what blasphemy is this,

Only thing I hate is shulk.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I think the reason why its disliked is the issue with the combat and how Nintendo Power over-hyped it.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Given I've played pretty much every console RPG last gen, cross-console, I'd still consider Xenoblade Chronicles the best one released last gen. With the under-rated Lost Odyssey in 2nd place. It was 1st place until Xenoblade slid by it. To a degree, as far as public jumping on the game, both titles were quite under-rated at release.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

A fan of too many things SurrealBrain's Avatar

While I don't think Sega's game-making abilities have fallen as far as everyone else thinks, I will agree that their business decisions have been...less than stellar as of late.

They're lucky they're still around at all with the decisions.

Funny thing is the only reason they are still around is because they had to lay off a ton of workers to cover their asses. =/

Sega started writing its own death warrant when that Sega CD, 32X, Neptune, etc crap all started.
    Developer of Nevergrind
    A Free Indie Browser RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Maelfyn View Post
    Sega started writing its own death warrant when that Sega CD, 32X, Neptune, etc crap all started.
    I think Sega signed it's death warrant the moment they decided to merge with Sammy rather than fold into Nintendo or Microsoft. I'd have rather seen them go to MS personally, since at the time MS was very hungry and competitive - and as we've seen with Bungie and Rare, their grasp isn't so iron-clad as was once feared. They would have given Sega a wide creative license and bankrolled their projects, while also keeping a fairly tight reign on quality control and polish. I think it would have really shaped up Sega and improved their image, all the while priming them for a re-entry into the market as a third party publisher if they chose to go that route. Nintendo, more or less the same, except perhaps not as liberal with the financing and approval for games which didn't fit well with their existing brand. The consumer base would have been much smaller until the Wii hit and their insistence on gimmicky controls would have crippled most of Sega's releases - but the installed fanbase would have been fiercely loyal and already starved for high quality content.

Sega could have recovered from the CD & 32x. Shit, they might even have recovered from the Saturn. But they didn't, and I think a large part of that was simply that they didn't have a good grasp on the international market (which is where they had always had their greatest successes) and they didn't coordinate well with their overseas branches. Unlike Nintendo or Sony, they didn't have the global corporate focus and drive to push their products like they should have.

Nintendo or Microsoft would have given them that focus. Sammy, I think they're just more interested in bleeding Sega for what they can with short-term gains and insulating their pachinko portfolio than they are in taking the risks and spending the capital to build a competitive global brand.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Apr 9, 2015 at 05:30 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I think Sega is fine.