Page 225 of 252 FirstFirst ... 125175215222223224225226227228235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2517

Most likely scenario:
    - Scales with T-Atk ( to not make Lavis users mad )
    - Deals Striking-type Damage ( to work with all currently viable Te builds )
    - Shoots Lavis Waves ( to make up for the lack of Damage multiplier on the Wand )

If it scales with S-Atk then its just a slap in the face for any Te who isn’t Te/Hu

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I'm still betting that it'll be s-atk based; but one thing I found odd was that the footage from the trailer showed them using it with empty wand gear. if it procs Lavis's shockwave, it could proc wand gear in some way as well. but likely that it only uses a normal wand explosion, so yeah Te/Hu, or Te/Fi if people wanna work TAJA into it with techs like zanverse or nabarta 0; if that's worth it for some reason
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jun 10, 2018 at 01:12 PM.

So since Wand Gear is going to charge up Compounds soon I‘ve been wondering.
    Are compounds worth a damn on a T-Atk skilled Te/Hu?
    Hu obviously lacks the multipliers to compete with something like Fi but what I wanna know is if the DPS you gain from T-atk scaling sources undoes the damage lost from lack of S-Atk.

I use Compounds as a TEhu and the damage isnt that spectacular.. the ice blade one does about 100k total for me when i was using Val Wand and such.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    So since Wand Gear is going to charge up Compounds soon I‘ve been wondering.
    Are compounds worth a damn on a T-Atk skilled Te/Hu?
    Hu obviously lacks the multipliers to compete with something like Fi but what I wanna know is if the DPS you gain from T-atk scaling sources undoes the damage lost from lack of S-Atk.
    Not worth, Hu itself have 0 multipliers for tech dmg (only high lvl boost).
    “Even If you’ve only got a 1% chance of winning, but you convince yourself you’re gonna lose, that 1% becomes 0%.” – Lina Inverse

Fury JA combo I believe accounts for at least 5% on the first JA (at level 5) and 10% (or instant 10% if level 10) subsequently on tech damage.

imo, there is still adequate merit in using compound techs even as a Te/Hu, mainly due to these reasons:

- Zandion and Barantsion provide adequate auto-airtime without having to time your JA for the duration of the attack
    - Zandion and Barantsion lasts just long enough for you to time your next zanverse as soon as the last one diminishes
    - Compound techs, in general, provide instant infliction of status effects on bosses that need to be inflicted with them (e.g. Fomelgion (burn) for Apprentice in TD4, Barantsion (frozen) for a rampaging Diabo, etc.)
    - Zandion maintains damage on situations where you'll mostly just jump around, use step or cautiously tap nabarta T0 to prevent getting hit by a long, extended attack or attack phase (for example Deus Hunas' lightning/ground spikes phase)

it boils down to having more tactical options in various sitiuations, definitely not to be used in order to expect actual considerable damage.

and yes, if these reasons didn't provide enough hint, Fomelgion is completely almost useless for Te/Hu, do not use.

Oh, and Zandion can also be used as an extended, free dash PA
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Jun 21, 2018 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LancerFate View Post
    Not worth, Hu itself have 0 multipliers for tech dmg (only high lvl boost).
    Yeah like Anika said, Fury JA Combo gives 10% at level 10. This is something I see a lot of Te/Hu's neglecting when charging up Ramegid Type-0. That First Blood Tech Skill from Te only triggers Combo if performed after an attack. And hey if you're Hu main then War Brave boosts Tech damage by 15% too

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    Fury JA combo I believe accounts for at least 5% on the first JA (at level 5) and 10% (or instant 10% if level 10) subsequently on tech damage.

imo, there is still adequate merit in using compound techs even as a Te/Hu, mainly due to these reasons:

- Zandion and Barantsion provide adequate auto-airtime without having to time your JA for the duration of the attack
    - Zandion and Barantsion lasts just long enough for you to time your next zanverse as soon as the last one diminishes
    - Compound techs, in general, provide instant infliction of status effects on bosses that need to be inflicted with them (e.g. Fomelgion (burn) for Apprentice in TD4, Barantsion (frozen) for a rampaging Diabo, etc.)
    - Zandion maintains damage on situations where you'll mostly just jump around, use step or cautiously tap nabarta T0 to prevent getting hit by a long, extended attack or attack phase (for example Deus Hunas' lightning/ground spikes phase)

it boils down to having more tactical options in various sitiuations, definitely not to be used in order to expect actual considerable damage.

and yes, if these reasons didn't provide enough hint, Fomelgion is completely almost useless for Te/Hu, do not use.

Oh, and Zandion can also be used as an extended, free dash PA
    So I guess compounds on Te/Hu are purely utilitarian. That's not that bad I guess but I'm gonna stick to Te/Fi for now.

SO if I want to use compounds both old and upcoming ones properly on my wandsmacking Techer, I should change from Hu sub to Fi sub soon (FIghter already at lv 80 so no biggie for me)?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    SO if I want to use compounds both old and upcoming ones properly on my wandsmacking Techer, I should change from Hu sub to Fi sub soon (FIghter already at lv 80 so no biggie for me)?
    Br also good option, depends on how good new wand PA, probably it's striking dmg type and Hu will be better choice in terms of dps/survivability.
    “Even If you’ve only got a 1% chance of winning, but you convince yourself you’re gonna lose, that 1% becomes 0%.” – Lina Inverse

I don't think Te/Br is that good nowadays. Te/Su can do everything Te/Br does but better since it doesn't have to rely on stance dancing or the content to have Te Element weakness or weakspots to be accessible by our clumsy class. Also Te/Su has no survivability issue so that's another plus.