Page 235 of 252 FirstFirst ... 135185225232233234235236237238245 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Fools! Guntecher was in the game since day one!
    Behold! The real Guntecher is Te/Ra and you... basically just buff up and WB slut while everyone does the damage job for you.

Yeah giving us Pokemon instead of a Ranged/Tech hybrid was a really cool move by Sega.
    I mean, technically not since Day One since Techer, Fighter, and Gunner and subclassing didn't come out until a few months after the game launched.

That said, I have always been bummed about the lack of an actual Tech/Ranged hybrid class; I loved playing as a Guntecher so much in PSU.

I've been using lavis but dont see much appeal for it. I also don't really see much difference from vadez scythe exceptattack speed. Does hitting a shockwave every 3rd swing and faster attack speed outdo scythe wands that much (Yes I know normals boosted but that's a stretch so far)?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I've been using lavis but dont see much appeal for it. I also don't really see much difference from vadez scythe exceptattack speed. Does hitting a shockwave every 3rd swing and faster attack speed outdo scythe wands that much (Yes I know normals boosted but that's a stretch so far)?

Lavis deals more Damage overall. The Attack speed is far more valueable than you think.

Yes, I would have to double agree on the immense, immense value of Lavis attack speed boost, ironically because.... you can actually defend with it more.

Basically, with a faster attack speed, your attack animations end faster, thus more openings to use guard options such as nabarta T0 and then continue bonking.

This is especially evident in the new solo XQ, where I did a trial run using a normal wand, versus the Lavis I regularly use.

AI attacks which I could have otherwise ignored for a split moment to insert one or two more bonks before guarding with nabarta T0 (using Lavis), I was simply forced to just wait and anticipate with a nabarta T0 because the animation speed of an ordinary wand wouldn't let me finish before the AI's attack finally went through.This is espcially annoying on Stage 1 where you absolutely cannot fail the stage order or you'll face a very hefty wand resist on Stage 2.

Deal with this a couple of more seconds or minutes and it adds up immensely.

Also, if you can mentally count and time your attacks so that all Lavis 3rd attacks connect, and no nabarta T0 "replaces" the 3rd attack, you can essentially boost your DPS even further.

Here's a comparison for a more visual representation of Lavis' utter dominance versus other wands in terms of pure bonks:

Using Lavis:

Using Regular Wand (Qliphad + Basilis):

EDIT: I haven't even mentioned the mobbing aspect of Lavis, where its stacking wand explosions really shows its monstrous capabilities (refer to Stage 2 of Lavis run), or the fact that by default, Lavis is the fastest wand you can ever use to charge up compounds vs a one-on-one target.
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Jul 12, 2018 at 11:33 PM.

Yeah exactly that. During that Tornado that Deus does you can do Nabarta Typ0 on 1st spin then attack twice (Second attack shooting Lavis Shockwave) and then Zanverse to Tech C Parry the 3rd spin, since Nabarta typ0 gives I-frames after successfully connecting. This just doesn't work on regular wands. At best you get a single Attack before having to Protect from Tornado again.

Using Narbarta 0.

I totally forgot about that. holy cow.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    ~snip
    While I find this infinitely sad, yes Normals wands can't compete in bonking in any way or form. their niche lies more in the abuse of techs with Tech Parry + TAJA addition with the occasional Nabarta as a defensive option. Just mentioning it because that's still the one thing Lavis can't do and the reason why any hybrid TE can't get away with either Lavis only or normal wands only (which is preposterous)

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I got Fighter to 85 since that's also my subclass for Summoner, Hunter's still at 80; before I go to level up techer again I was about to get a crest lavis (471 crests as of this post, 480+ after the next two guides of creation I catch). should I just use hunter sub anyway?

However I have tripped over a Shien wand on my way through running arkuma land. I feel like there really should be something I can do with this, but what? shien wouldnt be that good to use compounds from since I hear the elemental weakness part of the potential doesn't apply to the off-element hits from compounds. Would there be any spot where a Te/Fi spamming Ragrants+TAJA buddy tech or something (ragrants and gimegid for deus, as an example) from a well-affixed Shien wand be better than bonking/heavy hammer from a (crest) lavis cannon? my units still lean more to t-atk since I use them for Force and Summoner too, I think they are mostly Ares / Mother / Tech IV / Mutation II and something else I forgot, maybe doom breaker?

I only really brought this up because it sounds like zephyrion might have an idea; otherwise I was just going to bury it in an EX storage somewhere

When going Hybrid Te you need Lavis for Bonking and non-lavis Wand for min-maxed Techs anyway. Thanks to Wand E Change Shien works extremely well with Tech casting Te. So if you're planning to play Te/Fi you at least got 1 out of 3 weapons (Talis is still important to deal with Anga/Phaleg BS in Solo content).

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah I still have some talis around, at least one quilphad talis anyway; it's on my hero right now though, but I think I had another zeinesis talis and enough fuses to upgrade it laying around if I need to.

I thought the elemental weakness bit of Shien only cares about the attack's element, so casting techs from a shien wand (or talis, rod, and jet boot for that matter) wouldn't really matter if the weapon's attribute didn't match. ironically, shien's potential would work for bonking/heavy hammer thanks to wand element change, but lavis cannon exists so that doesnt really matter