Page 214 of 252 FirstFirst ... 114164204211212213214215216217224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I thought 200+ PP would be enough for the few tech-spamming times. Is PP Convert mandatory as TEchter/BRaver ?
    You run out of PP in like 5 sec with Ragrants spam without PPC

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    P/S: Better play TE/FI instead. Stronger wand strike, stronger tech, and Tech Charge JA makes Snatch JA/Step JA unnecessary.
    /Fi does have stronger wand strike but not stronger tech unless you are doing TAJA combos. 154% (/FI) vs 163% (/Br) vs 177% (/Fi TAJA).
    While it's true that TCJA makes Snatch JA unnecessary, whenever you are doing that as /Fi, you obviously are not benefiting from TAJA, which makes it weaker than /Br again.
    Part of what makes /Br still relevant is the fact that they still have the strongest Ragrants spam with step cancelling (as well as less importantly, strongest wand smacks on weak points.
    In other words, /Br's still holds an edge in terms of bossing. In terms of mobbing, they fall behind, but it's only slightly (~8%), and considering most of the mobbing content are underpowered relative to player strength anyway, /Br still fulfils a respective area of niche with less-than-significant tradeoff
    Last edited by escarlata; Dec 16, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

http://4rt.info/psod/?mMVy my work might be a bit shotty here, but is atra wand finally something stronger than form wand that isn't lavis cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    http://4rt.info/psod/?mMVy my work might be a bit shotty here, but is atra wand finally something stronger than form wand that isn't lavis cannon?
    Does this calculation accommodate for Atra's +10% increase to Wand attack speed?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Not sure where you got your numbers for PA powers for but
    Wand normal is 336+300+370 = 1006 per cycle
    Explosion is 240 X 3 = 720 per cycle
    Form wave is 200+240+300 = 740 per cycle

So should be something like this

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    In other words, /Br's still holds an edge in terms of bossing. In terms of mobbing, they fall behind, but it's only slightly (~8%), and considering most of the mobbing content are underpowered relative to player strength anyway, /Br still fulfils a respective area of niche with less-than-significant tradeoff
    Thank you. For some reason it seems to be completely beyond some people that br sub can be used for things other than banish and TA hijinks. That's what happens when you take someone else's word for it and never actually look at the %s. Before rings and the changes to fighter's stances, even without banish it was better in almost everything. Now with all the changes they seem to be about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Not sure where you got your numbers for PA powers for but
    Wand normal is 336+300+370 = 1006 per cycle
    Explosion is 240 X 3 = 720 per cycle
    Form wave is 200+240+300 = 740 per cycle

So should be something like this
    the PA powers were based on the DPS for each three-combo, 1006 base power / 108 frames to preform the wand basic attack combo * 60 frames per second ~= 559 basic attack combo DPS modifier, 720/108*60=400, and 740/108*60 = 441

now this leads me to this next person's question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Does this calculation accommodate for Atra's +10% increase to Wand attack speed?
    yeah I factored that into this, which is really where I feel like I might have goofed it up. I was having trouble trying to figure out how to properly deduce the frame count of a 1.1x faster basic combo, but in the end I just kinda fudged it by taking the combo dps notation and just multiplying that by 1.1; I figured if you were moving 10% faster you have 10% more dps

so 559*1.1 = 615 for the bonk, and 400*1.1 = 440; but looking back now I see I didnt put the 440 into the calculation for atra wand's explosion.

I also realized the "rate" value next to the PA damage modifer box can also be used as a means to factor in Atra wand's speed boost
    so this one is the calculation that fixes that: http://4rt.info/psod/?zz33y
    and for good measure, this calculation adds the 1.1 boosted rate to Escarlata's link: http://4rt.info/psod/?VZbG

funny thing here, if you open both of those up and jump back and forth between the tabs, the shape of the bars do not change!
    EDIT: the other thing to note here, I have base player ATK set to 1000, I think people have more than that though...
    Last edited by Zorak000; Dec 23, 2017 at 03:40 PM.

the PA powers were based on the DPS for each three-combo, 1006 base power / 108 frames to preform the wand basic attack combo * 60 frames per second ~= 559 basic attack combo DPS modifier, 720/108*60=400, and 740/108*60 = 441
    Fair enough, then the tables make sense.

EDIT: the other thing to note here, I have base player ATK set to 1000, I think people have more than that though...
    The average barehand ATK nowadays should be pretty close to 1500-1600 actually, which tilts the number slightly in favor of Form, but only slightly. Also, drop the multiplier on Form wave to a factor of 115/125=0.92 because it doesn't benefit from the full effect of fury stance. (/Fi and /Br hardly use Form anymore in the first place.) This should allow Atra to firmly edge out Form in terms of damage.

Edit: Ran the numbers against Neme + Phrase Weak too, seems that Form edges out Neme in terms of bonks but fall behind in terms of Tech damage.
    Last edited by escarlata; Dec 23, 2017 at 10:07 PM.

ah, I didnt even have any subclass skills active on that; though if you were running te/hu you would really want to factor in that aspect of the form shockwave.

also, that bit about tech damage reminded me; in what scenario would I want to use tech damage over bonking? I would imagine some elemental weaknesses would be more ideal to use a tech instead of a bonk, especially when you can't zondeel in everything to boost the wand explosion's modifier, or don't have anything to zondeel in to begin with.

also, that bit about tech damage reminded me; in what scenario would I want to use tech damage over bonking? I would imagine some elemental weaknesses would be more ideal to use a tech instead of a bonk, especially when you can't zondeel in everything to boost the wand explosion's modifier, or don't have anything to zondeel in to begin with.
    On Te/Br, Te/Fi and Te/Su its definitely worth casting Techs. Te/Br and Te/Fi are obvious for that, especially Te/Fi but I had a lot of fun recently with Te/Su after the Summoner buffs (especially since its almost the same damage multiplier as TE/Hu but with all 3 damage types). Granted Point assist is annoying even after the duration and recast buffs but I like that class combo more than Te/Hu because I can wand bank just like a Te/Hu and once I encounter a Boss that is just a pain in the butt for wands I can switch to the good'ol trusty pets. Anyway I do use Gigrants Typ0 to charge up compounds on Mobs. On Bosses that are susceptible to Wand bonking I use the classic Ramegid Typ0. And also pack a il Grope for good measure. Not worth using Damage Techs on Te/Hu tho outside of Ramegid Typ0 since its literally free damage and there is nothing else to use that PP on.

Form Scythe might be just barely weaker than Atra in terms of striking damage on Te/Hu but on Te/Su, Te/Br and Te/Fi I think Atra is definitely the way to go. Especially with that 10% extra Attack speed.

Spoiler!

So i got this from the LQ and was wondering how to play Te.

Got a few questions.

1. Its seems Te/Hu is the best way to play this class or does Lavis Cannon switch it up at all in subclasses or talents?

2. What rings and Affixes do you use is it all just S-Atk?

3. Is the gameplay as Te just Zondeel everthing and the smack the hell out of it?