Page 244 of 252 FirstFirst ... 144194234241242243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    You just reminded me of something, does S1: Sturdy Intent work with L/Wand E Change? I assume it does since it works with JB Gear, but I just want to be 100% on it since I was thinking of adding that to my Atlas Wand and am not completely sure if the ring works exactly the same way as JB Gear.
    It does but I personally don't like using it on wands since I don't element match during Persona's first phase. either Zanverse or Ramegid screw it up for Te/Hu, lack in Fire/Ice/Lightning Tech multipliers screw it up for Te/Fi. It really shines most on JB Bo since you only lose element when going through different areas nowadays.

Good points. However, I was hoping that Ph's Tech Short Charge might make Zanverse->Element Change much less of a DPS loss, thus allowing it to work out (honestly, I'm just trying to get out of needing a 4% S1 that requires me to make that 7s->8s risk due to my really, really poor luck when it comes to upslotting).
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 7, 2019 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Good points. However, I was hoping that Ph's Tech Short Charge might make Zanverse->Element Change much less of a DPS loss, thus allowing it to work out (honestly, I'm just trying to get out of needing a 4% S1 that requires me to make that 7s->8s risk due to my really, really poor luck when it comes to upslotting).
    Then I'd recommend S1: Flowing Intent. Te is basically a mono weapon class so the 4% boost wont reset due to weapon switching.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Then I'd recommend S1: Flowing Intent. Te is basically a mono weapon class so the 4% boost wont reset due to weapon switching.
    I completely forgot about that one, thanks. I think I have that one on one of my now-unused Shiens that I can swap it off of.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't the S4 that boosts Normal Attack damage by 13% be more valueable for Wads starting EP6? Or Partizan S4 for Tech orientated builds?

Now that I think about it, wouldn't the S4 that boosts Normal Attack damage by 13% be more valueable for Wads starting EP6? Or Partizan S4 for Tech orientated builds?
    Unless they also plan on getting rid of all hitlag on wand normals (which i don’t think was mentioned), I don’t see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Unless they also plan on getting rid of all hitlag on wand normals (which i don’t think was mentioned), I don’t see it happening.
    Didn't they already reduce the hitstop back in September 2017? Or is it still bad?

Didn't they already reduce the hitstop back in September 2017? Or is it still bad?
    They reduced it by a lot, but it’s still pretty bad. Example being, Wand clobber is an effective 20% atk speed boost compared to it’s supposed 10% due to hitlag removal.

How to deal with such fast techs on Te/Ph.
    Send help

Fiddling around with Te/Ph, the experience so far has been… refreshing.

Capability and performance wise, Te/Ph doesn’t seem to stand out too much from the rest of the caster type Te builds. This is of course probably intended, but if you’re planning to switch to Te/Ph thinking that this would be the ultimate subclass for Techer, be prepared to be just a tiny bit disappointed. As you welcome all the new Ph subclass skills and options, you’ll probably equally miss some of the old ones from your old subclass.

That being said, imo Phantom is probably the most synergistic subclass for Techer atm in terms of overall skill layout. With it as a subclass, I feel that the player is even further forced(?) to utilize every single aspect of the class, more than Te/Fi and Te/Su ever could.

Tech Short Charge however, is something that I have very mixed feelings about. Sure, the spammability of techs is now on the roof, and I can more or less execute any tactical/support tech without the risk of getting cancelled or stunlocked. But the lack of immediate bang to the casted tech just feels a bit, weird I suppose. Also, techs that don’t really rely on speed, such as Ramegid type-0, get a very very noticeable damage reduction from Tech Short Charge. Generally though, I think Tech Short Charge for Techer is still an overall net positive (free, non-equipment based half cast time that stacks on crafted cast time reduction that is not limited to 20 seconds is absolutely amazing), so still definitely something that would benefit the class greatly in all aspects.

As for Sprint Tech Charge, the skill is a definite godsend. No further explanation needed.

On a more specific note for my own playstyle, I do miss the added damage multiplier checkboxes of my Te/Fi. This is especially apparent with bosses and enemies that I prominently use Wise Stance with. The now very speedy cast of Zanverse can remedy this, but for bosses that are not much affected by it, such as Falz Elder, the overall damage output simply suffers significantly for Te/Ph.

Thankfully, compounds (both regular and simple) are completely unaffected by Tech Short Charge, and they can still be unleashed at full power. The uncharged part of Gigrants type-0, is also unaffected.

That’s my first impressions of Te/Ph so far. I probably still have to optimize its gameplay in order to have a much better grasp on what it could do compared to other Techer subclass combinations. But for now, those are my observations.

On a side note, the wand smack speed boost upgrade is quite substantial. At the very least, I no longer have to rely on Lavis for the regular ol’ zondeel > smack, and I can now use Tech > Tech > 3rd smack once again with considerable efficiency.

EDIT: I forgot to add that PP restorate + Phantom PP restorate makes PP convert seem largely unnecessary for Te/Ph. At least from what I've experienced so far.
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Apr 24, 2019 at 07:26 PM.