Page 233 of 252 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Hmmmmm that delicious ragebait.... except Heavy Hammer and compound building on whacks bring far more to the table than single compound do on FO. God forbid TE can leverage any kind of relevant damage despite TE/FI being able to get higher light/wind/dark multipliers than FO/TE, or get a pre-charge option comparable to Kazan Nadeshiko. Let's just all healslut in peace because supports can only be heal bitches amirite.

Aaaand there I swallowed the bait and the line, feel free to go rant about TE on any other relevant thread, thank you !
    www, get a calc and doublecheck TeFi vs talis FoTe, also don't forget superior Fo stationary PP regen (thank Te for that) that isn't broken by attack movement and active during tech spam and completely bonkers compound damage multipliers.
    Te will never be better at pure technique spam than Fo simply because Fo is designed to be The Caster and new PA simply isn't good enough to compete with every other class in the game, neither it brings back old fullsupport Te playstyle or anything similar.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    One of the biggest problems with Te was lack of hyper armor making Wand Bocks and or melee Techs unreliable due to the game being so aggro. Similarly Te had absolutely no Burst damage and this PA fixed both of these issues. The best solo PD Te/Hu run is now shorter by 1:15 since the PA came out. Te/Hu is now fighting for Sub 4 like almost every other class. People who say the PA is garbage frankly don't know the class well enough. The only thing I don't like about this PA is that it scales with S-ATK while every other Tech weapon PA scales with T-ATK.
    PA is not garbage, it's simply nowhere near good enough to promote Te from buffslut. For all Te buffs it got PA was the only one that was actually a buff and change to playstyle, everything else was a Fo buff no one asked for. Sega could do a much better job at "fixing Te".

How exactly would you want Te to be fixed after all the recent changes?

Dunno but I'm sure sega can think of something useful for Te if they stop wasting time on making new stuff useful for Fo.

a class meant for SUPPORT will never rival other DPS classes in this game, just accept it. Ya it can have it's only level of DPS (which it does) but it doesnt mean it needs to meet or just barely fall short of the other top dmg dealers.

I still stand by the idea that Techer should have had a main class only uncharged technic buff
    also remove zondeel and zanverse frm the list of techs that change wand element already jfc
    Spoiler!

I would actually be fine with SUPPORT but the only unique support part is 10+% dmg bonus and 50+% EHP that you barely have to use as it lasts few minutes.
    Pre zanverse nerf (it deserved it though) Te was SUPPORT as its job was to provide support aggressively maximizing amount of MPA damage by getting that zanverse cover as many (good) DDs as it can and getting it in position before people even start attacking while occasionally providing other support stuff, it was fun. Now anyone can do zanverse as good as Te while doing much better damage, all Te has to do is to shifta/deband every few minutes thus Te = buffslut and little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    also remove zondeel and zanverse frm the list of techs that change wand element already jfc
    Probably when all classes get QoL updates people have been asking for (years), I bet around ep6 or so.
    Last edited by aiMute; Jul 4, 2018 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    The true boost to TE (that has acceptable tech damage) is the fact that the gear builds real coumpounds.
    This. This I believe is the real buff to Te for this update.

That being said, charged Heavy Hammer is also pretty convenient on its own. I am thoroughly surprised that there is actually quite a good number of situations where I could use the 2-second charge version effectively.

Then again, there's also that 4-minute Heavy Hammer Solo PD run that doesn't rely on any "Panic-inducing" rng to shorten run time.

Assuming all other variables to be equal, what group is "better" overall? 12 random non-TE characters, or 11 random non-TE + 1 TE?

If the second group is better, then TE is above average.

We can't just measure a class's worth from its speed in soloing content. 2 classes that have equal speed in solo mode means that whichever:
    - has higher survivability or
    - better resource management or
    - easier rotation/skill usage or
    - more utility for other members in group content or
    - less dependency on pre-battle preparations or
    - conflicts less with abilities of other players (same or different class)
    ...that class would be better than the other one.

The problem with TE is the same problem that every support class has in nearly every game (or at least in every game I have played). They are not mathematically and mechanically designed for "fairness" as in a turn-based tactics game. The abilities that enhance other players are not based on hard mathematical formulas, but instead on fire-and-forget mechanics.

To explain what I mean by mathematical "fairness", I'll give Shifta as an example:
    Currently Shifta lasts normally 3 mins. It doesn't matter what you do during those 3 mins, it will simply expire. You can stay afk those 3 mins and will expire, or you can deal 5 quadrillion damage and Shifta will fully buff all that damage.
    In a "fair" design, Shifta would last until the affected player(s) have dealt a certain (extra) amount of damage. That extra amount of damage (ie. Shifta's contribution) would be dependent on the stats of the caster.
    So a player with low output would see Shifta stay longer on them (but they would still get the full effect), while a high output player would see Shifta expire earlier (but they would still get the full effect).

Things that need to be fixed on Te in my opinion:
    - Zanverse and Zondeel either don't change Wand E Change element or uncharged Zanverse is as useful but smaller range
    - Mirage/Panic/Poison Boost cut to 1SP. The effect is way too small to justify spending 10sp
    - Reduce Reverser Field cooldown. There is no reason why everyone else with Moon Atomizer should be better at reviving than the dedicated Support Class.
    - Turn Wand Gear Element into a passive. I can see why Wand Lovers would be an active skill but there is no reason not to activate Wand Gear Element and it just clutters the subpallette.
    - Give some Wand and/or Talis related Main Class only Tech multipliers. For example Zero Range Tech Advance or something like that
    - Poison ignition rework
    - Improve attack speed for all wands, not just Atra/Lavis. Te is way too reliant on Lavis/Atra to play well. If Fo is getting it's over reliance on Atra/EPD fixed by readjusting element conversion then I wanna see them do the same to wands.

The PA covered the most problems I had with Te so far. In like October or something we're gonna get double jump, first blood and all the mobility rings so that should speed Te and other regular classes up while providing more flexibility with the Rings. Other than that Te is currently in a good place imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Assuming all other variables to be equal, what group is "better" overall? 12 random non-TE characters, or 11 random non-TE + 1 TE?

If the second group is better, then TE is above average.

We can't just measure a class's worth from its speed in soloing content. 2 classes that have equal speed in solo mode means that whichever:
    - has higher survivability or
    - better resource management or
    - easier rotation/skill usage or
    - more utility for other members in group content or
    - less dependency on pre-battle preparations or
    - conflicts less with abilities of other players (same or different class)
    ...that class would be better than the other one.

The problem with TE is the same problem that every support class has in nearly every game (or at least in every game I have played). They are not mathematically and mechanically designed for "fairness" as in a turn-based tactics game. The abilities that enhance other players are not based on hard mathematical formulas, but instead on fire-and-forget mechanics.

To explain what I mean by mathematical "fairness", I'll give Shifta as an example:
    Currently Shifta lasts normally 3 mins. It doesn't matter what you do during those 3 mins, it will simply expire. You can stay afk those 3 mins and will expire, or you can deal 5 quadrillion damage and Shifta will fully buff all that damage.
    In a "fair" design, Shifta would last until the affected player(s) have dealt a certain (extra) amount of damage. That extra amount of damage (ie. Shifta's contribution) would be dependent on the stats of the caster.
    So a player with low output would see Shifta stay longer on them (but they would still get the full effect), while a high output player would see Shifta expire earlier (but they would still get the full effect).
    The problem in this case is that TE doesn't have enough options, and let's be real, will never have enough options to be a full-on support. Making people more survivable, healing, dealing with anti/SE and increasing damage (either through zanverse and shifta) are about the only ways to get reliable value in a damage race, which PSO2 has been for a few years now. Add to that some of the other classes can do some of TE's job to some extent (FO can super treatment and territory zondeel). And you're faced with some serious issues. While the shifta you propose would be more fair, It would be infinitely less fun : no one wants to play a class whose sole job is to press shifta button every 10 seconds to make sure everyone is fully propped up. On the other hand, Support DPS always has the issue that it can get a bit too much value in some scenarios, but at least remains fun and compelling to play. Having to manage both the support and damage side of TE is what makes it fun, and fun should always be an absolute priority. I wouldn't look a TE first when it comes to fixing broken stuff anyway xD