Page 236 of 252 FirstFirst ... 136186226233234235236237238239246 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    yeah I still have some talis around, at least one quilphad talis anyway; it's on my hero right now though, but I think I had another zeinesis talis and enough fuses to upgrade it laying around if I need to.

I thought the elemental weakness bit of Shien only cares about the attack's element, so casting techs from a shien wand (or talis, rod, and jet boot for that matter) wouldn't really matter if the weapon's attribute didn't match. ironically, shien's potential would work for bonking/heavy hammer thanks to wand element change, but lavis cannon exists so that doesnt really matter
    It kind of matters actually. Unlike what people believe, Lavis for Heavy Hammer is not that stronger compared to top notch wands like Atra : the wave dealing that much damage is merely a way to offset how much weaker the initial slash is. (It doesn't do even 2/3 of the damage you'd get from any good wand) Shien should creep very close to Lavis' heavy Hammer, and at some point it will get beaten just because of how low the S-ATK is on Lavis, on top of the lack of any damage boosting pot wave aside. I think we still have quite some time, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

To add to that, the shifta/deband ticks you get from Guren/Shien actually benefit from all TE and FI buff-related skills, so yeah, extend assist, long time assist, adrenaline and EVEN the lv 85 party-sharing buff apply to these wands, which means even less time spent having to re-apply buff in most rematch scenarios and solo content.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 13, 2018 at 03:59 PM.

hello, i havent played in some time, i came back and saw about the new wand PA and the simple compound techs, wand explosions filling the ct bar. considering i managed to get the master sword skin some time ago i decided to make a mystic knight style theme on my techer, i was wondering if there is any build that does that? specifically something using both melee strikes and the new simple compound techs, not asking to do a lot of tech damage, but having them atleast do something utility decent the way like talis is used ocasionally for the dot dmg on hero, since techer barely uses pp for other stuff anyway i dont see why they couldnt be made usefull somewhat
    Last edited by Batty; Jul 15, 2018 at 02:17 PM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    hello, i havent played in some time, i came back and saw about the new wand PA and the simple compound techs, wand explosions filling the ct bar. considering i managed to get the master sword skin some time ago i decided to make a mystic knight style theme on my techer, i was wondering if there is any build that does that? specifically something using both melee strikes and the new simple compound techs, not asking to do a lot of tech damage, but having them atleast do something utility decent the way like talis is used ocasionally on hero, since techer barely uses pp for other stuff anyway i dont see why they couldnt be made usefull somewhat
    Te is mostly Melee as it is, especially if you go Te/Hu, which is the most utilitarian build.
    Even as a hybrid Te (ie. Te/Fi, Te/Br, Te/Su) the simple compounds do rather poor damage for their PP cost and the one that has the best utility purpose, in my own experience, is Re Zandia since it acts as a vortex like Zondeel, but it is immediate (though it is mostly for the benefit of party play since it leaves you immobile as you use it). Re Barantsia's only real utility is that you are invulnerable during the jump, and Re Fomelgia's release pushes you back from close-quarters with invulnerability.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 15, 2018 at 02:40 PM.

i see, its been some time since i last played, i was wondering if i could have a nice build for a hybrid techer? back them one of the best ones used to be te/br, but from what ive heard it seems that now the best one is te/fi?. also would my Hero units work for a hybrid techer? since i affixed them to give me both high amounts of S and T attack

Te Fi gets the best mileage on Tech damage as well as melee hitting because it plays nicely with PP Slaying and PA tech arts. You just give up ALOT of durability. TEbr is also pretty good but relies alot on weakness bonuses that it can become kinda situationable.

Though im a TEHu so i dont worry bout doing any T- damage

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    Te Fi gets the best mileage on Tech damage as well as melee hitting because it plays nicely with PP Slaying and PA tech arts. You just give up ALOT of durability. TEbr is also pretty good but relies alot on weakness bonuses that it can become kinda situationable.

I think TeSu gets the best milage for single target tech damage since the 200 tatk is based and gets boosted by all the shiftas on top of having around the same level of multis without the need for TAJA. That being said, for mobbing, TeFi is more practical than TeSu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post

Te/Fi Melee hits aren't really that good unless you're doing Wise stance or unless your enemy is weak to status ailments.
    The Slayer skills aren't that amazing either. if you run a Atra Wand you'll have like 5k S-ATK if you're decently geared meaning that 50 Atk is only 1% Damage, the ATK stats are more important for Techs and thats what Te/Fi shines at the most. If we're talking about all the stars aligning then Te/Br has the best melee damage while having respectable multipliers for Techniques and PA, Te/Fi is best at mobbing since it gets the full bonus of Chase for Bonks and PA and not just chase advance plus. Te/Su is best hybrid for Bosses but is garbage at mobbing. Te/Hu has the least to worry about as the PA and Wand Bonks work equally as well on Mobs as well as bosses. but your Techs will deal terrible damage and the only reason you'd take T-ATK ups is to boost Tech explosions, Ramegid T0, Nabarata T0 and Resta.

Also quick reminder that the upcoming First Arts JA Addition Skill doesn't proc TAJA or Fury JA combo unless the Attack is used from a different attack but missed the JA timing.

i played a bit with the skill calc and came up with this https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...008dBIb0000008

i was wondering if i could get some advice on it, didnt took the wide support/territory burst skills because now we have party assist wich makes shifta deband field wide now? and not thinking of using dark too much, but still raised both it and wind to boost compound tech damage since now we can fill the gauges with wand explosions

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    i played a bit with the skill calc and came up with this https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...008dBIb0000008

i was wondering if i could get some advice on it, didnt took the wide support/territory burst skills because now we have party assist wich makes shifta deband field wide now? and not thinking of using dark too much, but still raised both it and wind to boost compound tech damage since now we can fill the gauges with wand explosions
    Fighter sub is mostly ok, I'd just scrap critical stances skills for raw S-ATK up (you can even potentially sacrifice chase for that) just for the sake of getting more out of your Heavy Hammer PA

TE Main tree still absolutely need most of its core support skills. Wide support and territory burst are still important because lv85 skill only applies to shifta and deband and only to your party members, meaning you'll still have to buff non-party members the old way, and resta/anti everyone the old way.
    by the same token, take deband cut, super treatment, 1 point into territory PP save and reverse bonus to help everybody while sustaining your own PP. You can sacrifice wind mastery if you only have one skill tree available since it's mostly useless nowadays, and even if it comes back, you can reset your tree and/or get an additional one

so is the wand meta still lavis or bust? or is atra wand more desirable due to its higher S-atk? cuz guren/shien is looking mighty tempting with what looks to be 20% damage bonus and wand element ring making it any element.
    (if it matters i play wand-only techer with braver sub,ive leveled hunter but never actually used it since id tech when out of bonk-range,but with the new wand PA distance is far less an issue)