Page 139 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2517
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I might be able to get wand element change to work alright most of the time, I tend to use a lot of uncharged zondeel while mobbing with a wand; with a good craft and that techer support tech range up skill, I find it does the job well enough most of the time.

but yeah zanverse is another story.

of course, maybe sega could well, you know, make it so Megiverse/Zanverse/Zondeel DONT change your element anymore... They might have left it like this for so long just because jp jet boot users probably weren't really complaining enough about it. nobody really uses megiverse (sadly), and Moment Gale kinda covers both zanverse and zondeel; even if the pulling effect isn't as strong.

Hey guys, I haven't played my TE/FI, in a serious manner, since the early days of EP III. Now that I bought
    some new accessories and he now looks like a true "Magical Knight" -- I'm interested in playing the class again.

In terms of my weapons and units (which contains extremely basic affixes), I have:

- 10* Yede Club (Fire)
    - 10* Arcu Carta (Ice)
    - 10* EX Wand (Ice)
    - 7* Guarditorch (Ex.9; Thunder)
    - 11* Elysion (Wind)
    - 10* Dagacha Wand (Light)
    - 10* Noire Wand (Dark)
    - 10* Small Pristine Hammer (Dark)
    - 11* Rikauteri (Light)

- 10* Folly set
    - 10* Heiremjees

By today standards, I'm sure those weapons and units are considered obsolete. Since I have no intentions of
    going after 13* wands, due to the amount of time, effort, and energy to get a rainbow set -- could I just extend
    my current set of wands? Or would a rainbow set of Red Wands be better than the (extended) "[Species] Hunter" wands?

As for units, is the 11* Saiki set still considered the "reigning champ," in terms of shear PP? Or is there a newer
    set that provides more PP than the Saiki units?

Most importantly, this is my current build that I'm using for my TE/FI: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Is this the cookie-cutter build that people use these days? If not, where should I properly allocate the points into?
    All tips, advice, and constructive criticism will be helpful~
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Jul 27, 2016 at 06:49 PM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Species wands are poor choices in these days as many quests include a mixture of all element/species enemies. Many enemies, include phantom and collab, receives no damage boost from these wands at all.

Crafted red is the best choice if you don't plan to use rainbow *12/13. As they have 14%-16% boost no matter what you are hitting.

As TE/FI, better get a 13* fire wand for mobbing everything, since burn spreads and procs chase easily. Just one 13* is enough, you are not TE/BR, rainbow is not required.
    Also, you could lower PPR and PPC to 1/10 and 6/10 then dump the rest on Deband branch, since Wind techs is quite PP economical.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

That's true, sparab, since SEGA hasn't released a new kind of "[Species] Hunter" wand since
    the Acru Carta's "Oceanid Hunter." And like you mentioned, the mixed enemies from the Level-Up
    Quest as such a nuisance because I constantly had to switch weapon palettes to match the appropriate
    species/weakness for Elemental Weak Hit.

With that being said, that's very interesting that a single 13* Fire wand is suffice for TE/FI's mobbing in
    EP IV, nguuuquaaa. In addition to that, I wasn't aware that Wand Gear Element is an active skill,
    opposed to it being a passive one. Nevertheless, here's what I currently have for my weapon palettes:

#1 - Foie | Gifoie | Nafoie (Yede Club)
    #2 - Barta | Rabarta | Sabarta (Acru Carta/EX Wand)
    #3 - Zonde | Razonde | Sazonde (Guarditorch)
    #4 - Ilbarta | Sazan | Namegid (Elysion)
    #5 - Ilgrants | Gigrants | Ragrants (Dagacha Wand)
    #6 - Megid | Ramegid | Gimegid (Noire Wand/Small Pristine Hammer)

The only reason why I used the appropriate Technics, with the specific wands, is due to the
    Elemental Weak Hit skill. I'm presuming these days, it doesn't matter anymore, since Brave/Wise
    Stance is more than enough to quickly finish off regular enemies with non-EWH Technics.

Speaking of Technics, what's the proper way to boss with TE/FI? Back in EP II/III, I used to set-up
    Zanverse into (uncharged) Sazan spam and rinsed-and-repeat until boss was dead. Now that we
    have Ilbarta, I basically use that until the 6th chain -> (uncharged) Zanverse -> 7th chain finisher.

Is "Zanverse + Wand Smacking" combo better than "Zanverse + Sazan" and "Ilbarta 6X -> Zanverse ->
    Ilbarta Finisher?"
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Jul 27, 2016 at 11:27 PM.

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Basically anything is better than wand smack at bossing. Also try Nazan Type-0 instead of Sazan. Ilbarta is still really good on ice weak enemies.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

It seems like the meta-game for TE/FI has changed quite a bit (for the better, I suppose).

Anywho, thanks for the information, nguuuquaaa. Just in case, I'll be looking forward to the
    L/ Wand E Change -- hoping that SEGA doesn't allow support Technics to affect the ring...

Support tech won't trigger element change.

However, zondeel/zanverus/megiverus are classified as attack tech which will most likely trigger element change upon use. Unless sega is bored enough to reprogram the game.

If you're a T-Atk Te/Fi basically you will one shot every trash mob that you can zondeel, for the other ones charge up a tech and then run in to smack them. You wouldn't really need an element matching weapon or even a nature matching one, a solid 13* will do the job (yes even Ideal or Ares with some good affixes) For S-Atk I have no idea, but then you wouldn't run an S-Atk build on the combo with such a huge element disregarding tech damage.

Zondeel/Zanverse/Megiverse do swap the element for bouncer so that ring isn't as great as it sounds. But then most Phantoms seem to be wind element so that'd be a nice boost from Zanverse on those bosses? Idk it's a circumstantial one I guess. They didn't swap the support techs for Bo I don't see why they'd change their mind now

That ring is complete ass then. Lame........................
    Last edited by Shiyo; Jul 29, 2016 at 02:27 AM.