Page 1 of 252 12341151101 ... LastLast

Default Techer Guide/Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Maybe now is a good time to make a new thread Garuga
    Done. New Techer thread! Gonna try to keep things as updated as I can.

As a disclaimer, this guide isn't intended for beginners, but people that want to play "competitively". That is to say, people that want to play to their fullest ability. As such, all information is written with two purposes in mind: Covering every minuscule bit of information about everything covered within the guide to make it as comprehensive as possible, and providing recommendations and suggestions based on how it fits in PSO2's competitive environment. This information can be useful at any level of play, but is most useful at the higher end of the scale, so suggestions may not necessarily be accurate in lower level ranges, such as with new players who are still gathering resources. As such, it is recommended to post any questions about topics readers may have on any of the material covered within the guide.

Techer Guide (Updated 6/15/2015):
    Spoiler!

Feel free to ask any questions or make any suggestions for additions. The goal is to cover as much useful information for people to know about Techer as possible without being confusing, so questions and suggestions will help further this goal.

With the guide aside, treat the thread the same as the previous thread. It's just a discussion thread with a handy dandy guide on the OP. Go wild.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jun 29, 2015 at 09:58 PM.

This may be a silly question, but I just started so please forgive me.

I wanted to start as a techer in order to eventually be a buffer/support. I started as force, and once I got to the main ARKS ship, I tried to change to Techer, and it let me. I was under the assumption you had to level force or braver to 30 in order to switch to techer. If I just level my techer without leveling force, and having no other jobs higher than lvl 2, will I be at a disadvantage?

Thanks!

You no longer need to level a specific class in order to unlock other classes- they're all available from the start now, all you need to get is the subclass licence itself.

You will be at a disadvantage without a subclass, or with a lower-levelled one- but as for which subclass you go for, that depends on what kind of gameplay you're aiming at. There are a few subclasses that mesh with Techer.

Thanks for making the new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    You no longer need to level a specific class in order to unlock other classes- they're all available from the start now, all you need to get is the subclass licence itself.

You will be at a disadvantage without a subclass, or with a lower-levelled one- but as for which subclass you go for, that depends on what kind of gameplay you're aiming at. There are a few subclasses that mesh with Techer.

So going along those lines, from my reading it would seem that techer is more of the support class than force is. Is that wrong? And if that's the case, is Fo/Te an OK class/subclass combo to be able to do moderate/OK damage, and be support?

Techer is the most support oriented class in the game, but all its good skills for support require it to be your main class, so subclassing it locks you out of them. Fo/Te is pretty much the best tech damage class right now and doesn't do support any better than other /Te combinations. If it's tech damage you're after first and foremost, Fo/Te is a great idea. But if you want to support, or be both support or damage, Techer main would be a better idea. Te/Fo itself isn't bad, but Fo/Te does everything Te/Fo does better, so I'd suggest Te/Fi or Te/Br if you want to support and have good tech damage.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Techer is the most support oriented class in the game, but all its good skills for support require it to be your main class, so subclassing it locks you out of them. Fo/Te is pretty much the best tech damage class right now and doesn't do support any better than other /Te combinations. If it's tech damage you're after first and foremost, Fo/Te is a great idea. But if you want to support, or be both support or damage, Techer main would be a better idea. Te/Fo itself isn't bad, but Fo/Te does everything Te/Fo does better, so I'd suggest Te/Fi or Te/Br if you want to support and have good tech damage.
    Excellent. I'm planning on going the support route, so I'll head for the Te/Br probably. Thanks for the advice!

Unique passive skill Extend Assist extends the maximum duration of Shifta and Deband applied by the user from 2 minutes to 3 minutes.
    The default without Extend Assist is 1 minute, not 2 minutes.
    Guide looks amazing as a whole, though. Very in-depth and even covers a lot of information on other classes, as well (something a lot of guides won't even have). Kudos to the great work you put into this!
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Those are nice descriptions of what all skills related to melee techer do, but I cannot agree with those trees. Most of the trees are really really awful; they do not take into account most gameplays the class offers, and assume everyone plays like you.

Pure melee builds will never need any PP-related skill, as you will never use PP to attack, so that's 20 SP that will be 100% useless to a good melee TE.
    Pure melee builds do not need any point in any elemental mastery.
    Pure melee builds absolutely need Deband Cut and Deband Toughness maxed.
    Pure mags have always been and will always be terrible, especially if you're going to use attack techniques.

You still have a lot to learn about melee techer (and evidently some of the game mechanics), but at least you wrote useful skill descriptions.

I also noticed that in many instances when comparing how Shifta's/Deband's effects affect the party as opposed to only oneself, you just multiplied the number by 12. That isn't how it works, since with the new reference point being the whole party, the percent increase is still the same. It's true that the gain is 12 times greater than the original gain for solo play, but the way you worded it makes the reference point shift to comparing it to the original stats of the whole party. For instance, you wrote, "Deband Toughness can increase an entire party's total HP by x2-4, depending on how many players are affected." With this, the reference point is the"entire party's total HP", which still only increased by 25%. It's true that, given everyone having the exact same HP, that the total gain in HP among everyone is 300% of each individual's own HP (a silly and pointless comparison), but that doesn't mean that the "entire party's total HP" gets increased by 4 times its original value. There are many instances where you did this, so you might want to rephrase these sentences to avoid confusing readers.

EDIT:
    -Some support techs can be crafted for +m. This is added to the uncharged range. A tech with +1m will normally have a range of 3m uncharged and 9m charged, or a 50% increase in range. With Territory Burst, this becomes 4.5m and 13.5m
    According to the Japanese wiki, it says

テクニックカスタマイズに付随する範囲拡大効果は、このスキルやチャージによって拡大されたあとの範囲に加 算される。
    なのでノンチャージ時半径2m、カスタマイズで+1m、チャージで3倍に広がり9m、テリトリーバーストで 1.5倍の13.5mに…とはならない。

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, translates to:
    "The range increasing effect associated with Technique Customization, is added to the range after being expanded by things such as this skill and charging.
    Therefore, when non-charged: the radius is 2m, with customization: +1m, with charge: extends to 3 times at 9m, and with Territory Burst: 1.5 times that at 13.5m... is not what it becomes."

Kind of backwards text to list what isn't the case, to confuse people using Google Translation.

EDIT2: Another error I found:
    "If using Reverse Bonus and Deband Toughness, Reverser Field does not count the extra HP provided by Deband Toughness. Level 10 will revive players with 75% of their health instead of 100%. This makes healing after revival necessary."
    The reciprocal of 5/4 (125%) is 4/5, or 80%. Someone with 800 HP will gain 200 HP with Deband Toughness, but will still have 800/1000 after max level Reverser Field revives them.

EDIT 3: Found a typo: "Technique Attack Defense Up" is the title in the Techter skill section for Defense Up.

Also, under Long Time Assist, you said, "Normally Shifta and Deband take two charged uses to apply the maximum effect to a player"
    Even with Multi recipe, 2 charge uses is only 10 ticks max, which is only 2.5 minutes, less than the max of 3 minutes.

And, "Uncharged usage of Shifta and Deband will give a minute and a half duration, two minutes and fifteen seconds if crafted for +1 tick."
    Multi recipe doesn't affect the number of ticks of uncharged Shifta/Deband.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Jan 18, 2015 at 06:03 AM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).