Page 251 of 252 FirstFirst ... 151201241248249250251252 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I love how after 3 months there still was no reply here so im gonna double post again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Made a Te guide using NA terminology for NA players. Suggestions/Criticism welcome.
    you said matching enemy element weakness is important but at the ring section you said wand element change ring is bad, how ? unless everyone is carrying around 6 different weapons with 6 elements

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    you said matching enemy element weakness is important but at the ring section you said wand element change ring is bad, how ? unless everyone is carrying around 6 different weapons with 6 elements
    the one directly below it in the list is the wand change ring you want to use!

I am replying here in order to keep the other topic with the original quote "on topic":

Secondly Maxing out S/D masteries is not a waste as its a PARTY WIDE boost.even if it ends up being a 0.5% boost that's still a 0.5% boost per player and makes Raid clears significantly faster. This is why we take Shifta Critical as well.
    Just nitpicking here. 0.5% is not exactly that huge of a difference. For one, for it to translate to 0.5% party/raid damage we have to assume 100% uptime on being able to deal damage (no transition phases, no waiting for boss to appear, no running around to find a target etc). Assuming this perfect situation (which is reproducable only on Rockbear training), 0.5% means that a 5min encounter will take 4min 58.5sec (shaving off just 1.5sec), and a 10min encounter will take 9min 57sec. This is something not just blurred but outright dwarfed by randomness, even with static group and player performances.

The boon of those 2 extra skill points compared to most other "Where to spend my last points?" options is that they affect all party damage (including Dark Blast damage from other players).
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Jun 9, 2020 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I am replying here in order to keep the other topic with the original quote "on topic":

Just nitpicking here. 0.5% is not exactly that huge of a difference. For one, for it to translate to 0.5% party/raid damage we have to assume 100% uptime on being able to deal damage (no transition phases, no waiting for boss to appear, no running around to find a target etc). Assuming this perfect situation (which is reproducable only on Rockbear training), 0.5% means that a 5min encounter will take 4min 58.5sec (shaving off just 1.5sec), and a 10min encounter will take 9min 57sec. This is something not just blurred but outright dwarfed by randomness, even with static group and player performances.

The boon of those 2 extra skill points compared to most other "Where to spend my last points?" options is that they affect all party damage (including Dark Blast damage from other players).
    It's just an example I pulled out of thin air and not an exact number. Since Cluster didn't even pick Shifta Critical the DPS difference is definitely bigger than 0.5% (assuming ofc the MPA isn't filled with people who already have 100% crit rate ofc). My point was there is basically no reason to not max out Shifta & Deband Advance. You're only hemorrhaging SP if you max out PP Restorate.

It's just an example I pulled out of thin air and not an exact number. Since Cluster didn't even pick Shifta Critical the DPS difference is definitely bigger than 0.5% (assuming ofc the MPA isn't filled with people who already have 100% crit rate ofc). My point was there is basically no reason to not max out Shifta & Deband Advance. You're only hemorrhaging SP if you max out PP Restorate.
    That was my first impression too, but math proved me otherwise. Unless I have really messed up the calculations, then assuming base ATK of 1000, and campship ATK of 5000 (before Techer's Shifta), then I worked the difference between 3/5 and 5/5 Shifta Advance to be 23ATK (approximately 0.41%). Lower base ATK and/or higher ATK from weapon and affixes further push this percentage lower.

-=EDIT=-
    Also yeah, no reason to have PP Restorate at anything other than 1/10. Only Fo/Te may want this higher.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Jun 9, 2020 at 07:48 AM.

No. That simple. PP is damage.
    You always want high pp regen and not maxing PP Restorate is simply insane. You are aware than you actually have to stand still 1s for the higher pp regen to even start right? Not to mention 220% is really low.

Unless you barely use techs and spam wand normals even on bosses (bad idea because wand pa damage is really high with a decent charge time at stage 1 charge) the faster you regen pp the better.

Standing still 5+ seconds not being able to do anything just for the 220% or whatever pp regen from 1SP in Restorate to fill a decent amount of pp means your performance drops considerably, much lower damage, taking much more damage cause dodging is not an option. No way to heal and you can't quite support either fi you cannot move.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    You always want high pp regen and not maxing PP Restorate is simply insane. You are aware than you actually have to stand still 1s for the higher pp regen to even start right? Not to mention 220% is really low.

Unless you barely use techs and spam wand normals even on bosses (bad idea because wand pa damage is really high with a decent charge time at stage 1 charge) the faster you regen pp the better.

Standing still 5+ seconds not being able to do anything just for the 220% or whatever pp regen from 1SP in Restorate to fill a decent amount of pp means your performance drops considerably, much lower damage, taking much more damage cause dodging is not an option. No way to heal and you can't quite support either fi you cannot move.
    With most people subbing Phantom these days, it can be enough. Phantom has 130% recovery as well that stacks with this. Personally I skimp on Territory Save to get a few extra point in Restorate when I play TeEt but I can see why people leave it at one point.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

i swear someone already told you that you dont need to invest into the PP skills when Genon Talis exists, quit insisting you need PP skills maxed on Te
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Even on Tech heavy builds, charging and performing a Tech Stops Natural PP Recovery entirely. Force can get around that slightly but on Te natural PP recovery is bad. If you want PP sustain you usually go for a PP battery like Genon Talis or get Affixes that restore PP at regular intervals since these restore PP even when casting & performing Techs.

If you're actually standing still to restore PP mid combat, doing nothing else then you're doing less DPS than a person who just pulled a genon talis and is back to full PP in a sec or two.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Jun 15, 2020 at 08:46 AM.

Well, guess it's my build then that makes this so important.
    Spirited Response is cheap again so everyone should get it tbh. Even without S3 Flowing Grace my gs is 498% pp regen (thought it was 503% but guess not) so in combination with maxed PP Restorate the pp regen is simply absurd, 1746%, easily beating any kind of genon weapon.

TBH Genon sounds like crap, the HP loss is massive and in UH, especially if it's e.g. exploration with 50% healing reduction you'll lose a lot of dps because you have to heal much more often or die from virtually every single hit. Genon is only useful for glass cannon builds. Bad advice to never even mention that it changes your build so much.