Page 229 of 252 FirstFirst ... 129179219226227228229230231232239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Have you even logged in and seen the new compounds? The DPS on them is god awful (fyi I tested n Te/Fi) especially considering how much PP they eat up and thanks to the high PP cost you'd be insane to use them to TAJA since Heavy Hammer is also a PP monster. They are meant for Force to make mobbing easier as well as give them some mobile DPS, not exactly what Te is lacking. The way Te is meant to TAJA HH is Zanverse -> HH a combo that works just a well on Te/Hu.

The Thing is all Te subs that aren't Hu are hybrid Te's and usually grind T-ATK over S-ATK, because Normal Attacks on non Te/Hu are usually much weaker or very situational. HH scales with S-ATK exclusively and Te/Hu already had almost no reason to pay attention to T-ATK while having best Multipliers for Te's Job (bonking and Support techs) and skills allowing it to do it's job better/safer (MH, IW). You don't really gain much by playing other class combos (unless you REALLY want Techs) while losing tools that make your main job easier and getting rules you have to follow to compete in DPS that don't exist on Te/Hu. That's why it's the go-to class combo imo even tho I personally play Te/Fi.

Not necessarily related but hot damn.

If this guy had Zanverse, which he obviously didn't because Wand E Change, there would be a third Damage number saying 224,840.
    Simple compounds are weak but they still are good utility, so you can actually use them as TE/FI (Re Barantsia has lengthy invul to go through annoying patterns, Re Zandia lets you group mob from range to help with mpa). I meant in this case it's good that they keep TAJA going for your next tech PA if you do need it

You also say TE's job is support and bonking, I say TE's job is support + DPS. There is no actual full-fledged support in this game aside from TE/RA. The moment you pick any other sub, your goal is to support everyone properly while keeping decent personal damage (zanverse aside). It doesn't matter whether you're doing it with techs, bonks or a combination of both. And right now both hybrid and pure tech/whack builds can do that. TE/HU follows this rule like everyone else, unless you're building it the pure tank way, otherwise it's just a melee-oriented support DPS.

If anything, uncharged HH giving 6-7 seconds of super armor after the slash for free kinda dulls the main draw of TE/HU which is MH, since every TE can pseudo MH to make their support safer now (and said support was already made much safer with newer gear like Slave Shield or Green Leaf S1). Makes sense HH charged ver lets it do pre-fires to gain more personal damage in situations where it's applicable (definitely not mid-combat since I'd rather normal bonk stuff here)

with this new PA go with S-Atk based, is it means Te/Br T-atk based are dead now? is dps of step ragrants / ilgrants < Heavy Hammer? is it time to throw big bucks money for affix Grace Power because Te/Br T-atk based dead? rip meseta for me. with new compound PA being trash dps, i can't see te/br future.
    yeah, my engrish is bad

TE/BR using Weak Stance doesn't get anything from Heavy Hammer but gets something out of the underwhelming new coumpound techs.
    It's still viable but it hasn't improved at all while most/all other types got better.

I'm personally switching to TE/FI and I'll keep my T-ATK affixes to keep tech damage acceptable.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

I hope this does not fall on deaf ears, but I would highly suggest that people do not try to change their playstyle to something that they do not enjoy just for the sake of being optimal or meta. It's more important to have fun than be at #1 on the dps meter.

So how's the compound building rate from wand explosions now?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    So how's the compound building rate from wand explosions now?
    Very strong on mobbing scenarios, melting 2 or 3 big packs nets you a compound, and it's still decent on single targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I hope this does not fall on deaf ears, but I would highly suggest that people do not try to change their playstyle to something that they do not enjoy just for the sake of being optimal or meta. It's more important to have fun than be at #1 on the dps meter.
    It's not like TE/BR even fell out of grace or anything, It's still good at what it does, and weak stance + HH is still pretty strong. TE/BR and TE/FI merely reversed positions over time, and TE/FI until EP5 was very decent, just like TE/BR is right now
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 28, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

Pick a mastery worth it for TE/HU ? light to boost baranstion, or dark for ramegid type-0 ? or just put extra points in stat up ?
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Very strong on mobbing scenarios, melting 2 or 3 big packs nets you a compound, and it's still decent on single targets
    Would you recommend Te/Hu anyway, or does this change your perception/preference on Te/Hu vs Te/Fi or Br assuming those simple compounds are as weak as I'm told they are (even in the hands of Fo/Te)?

Also, what's this about the wand PA 'multiplying' lavis' shockwave?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    Pick a mastery worth it for TE/HU ? light to boost baranstion, or dark for ramegid type-0 ? or just put extra points in stat up ?
    Te/Hu typically uses Dark Mastery and left over SP into flat stat ups. Compounds have very long animations, 360+ frames iirc (charge time included). You'll end up dealing more damage with just Wand Bonking during those 6 seconds than using the compounds.They're much better on a hybrid/Tech Build.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Would you recommend Te/Hu anyway, or does this change your perception/preference on Te/Hu vs Te/Fi or Br assuming those simple compounds are as weak as I'm told they are (even in the hands of Fo/Te)?

Also, what's this about the wand PA 'multiplying' lavis' shockwave?
    compounds for TE/HU is mostly a status effect inflicting PA for the charge type ones and pure utility for simple ones. If you want either of them for actual damage, you'll need to lean towards more hybrid styles with FI/BR/SU subs and use whacks as a PP efficient way of building them when the occasion arises.

I can't recommend any particular TE after the update, for the same reasons I couldn't before it : TE is in a very healthy place and all the main TE builds have unique strengths and are viable in their own niches. What you pick is more of a playstyle choice than anything.

as for Wand PA, to compensate Lavis' hilariously low S-ATK and make it good at using this PA, 1st level of charge and full charge unleash a Lavis wave whose power is multiplied according to charge level (full charge is about 3-4 times the usual wave damage)