Page 210 of 252 FirstFirst ... 110160200207208209210211212213220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    i feel like i should switch from TE/BR to TE/FI
    That's probably a good idea, TE/BR's only niche is being strong at step ragrants and weak point wand whack. Now that TE/FI can access better mobility and bow is irrelevant, along with the general way FI sub was buffed. BR sub is starting to be somewhat lacking.

That being said It's still pretty strong in what it does, if only for weak stance multipliers being still undisputed for spamming one tech

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Now that TE/FI can access better mobility
    Not trying to nitpick, since I agree with your statement overall, but how does TE/FI have better mobility than TE/BR?

Braver subclass has access to Katanas, and with 11-star Kongou's "Light Formation" potential, you can travel ridiculously fast with either Guren-tessen or Asagiri-rendan. Speaking of Asagiri, with its increased travel distance and reduced PP from 25 to 15, it even rivals Hero's mobility when they use Flash Trick.

The only speedy gap-closer that I can possibly think of, for Fighters, is Straight Charge [Type-0]. Although I never compared the crafted Straight Charge to other PAs, I highly doubt that it's faster than Guren -- let alone, Asagiri.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Not trying to nitpick, since I agree with your statement overall, but how does TE/FI have better mobility than TE/BR?

Braver subclass has access to Katanas, and with 11-star Kongou's "Light Formation" potential, you can travel ridiculously fast with either Guren-tessen or Asagiri-rendan. Speaking of Asagiri, with its increased travel distance and reduced PP from 25 to 15, it even rivals Hero's mobility when they use Flash Trick.

The only speedy gap-closer that I can possibly think of, for Fighters, is Straight Charge [Type-0]. Although I never compared the crafted Straight Charge to other PAs, I highly doubt that it's faster than Guren -- let alone, Asagiri.
    Sorry it's a misunderstanding. I meant that TE/FI now has options that allow it to travel really fast, so it has better mobility compared to what it used to have

Now there is a Katana with innate Asagiri, Rodeo Drive Launcher with T0 craft, gran wave boots and others. All accessible to TE/FI so it can actually move just as fast as TE/BR now

Guys, everyone can access Regenschlag
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Sorry it's a misunderstanding. I meant that TE/FI now has options that allow it to travel really fast, so it has better mobility compared to what it used to have

Now there is a Katana with innate Asagiri, Rodeo Drive Launcher with T0 craft, gran wave boots and others. All accessible to TE/FI so it can actually move just as fast as TE/BR now
    Dunno if you want to cough up 5.2m for a Helen Bathina, though; it's obscenely overpriced for what it's worth. The worst part is that the price may rise over time since EQ reward rotations are unpredictable; the last Helen Bathina encore was in July.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Dunno if you want to cough up 5.2m for a Helen Bathina, though; it's obscenely overpriced for what it's worth. The worst part is that the price may rise over time since EQ reward rotations are unpredictable; the last Helen Bathina encore was in July.
    Well I pretty much only meant TE/BR doesn't have the monopoly on mobiltity like it used to. You can still compromise with many other options, like regenshlag as nguuuquaaa suggested, and you wouldn't get far behind an asagiri user

TE/BR still has kongou tho, but that's not nearly as much of an edge as guren tech cancel vs the rest was before patch.

Well, there's still the all-trusty (but 25PP) Ilzonde though, and I reliably use a max speed crafted one to now casually catch up to Flash of Trick in EQs like Deus Esca and Yamato 2.0 (or even Buster Quests), just like how the old one does to Guren Tessen before.

Safoie type-0 is also an alternative, more PP economic option (compared to Ilzonde), though it is actually a bit shorter than Ilzonde even after the movement buff, and requires a Flame Tech S Charge R ring if you're not a Force

Also another thing that makes Fi sub much more appealing now is that Ragrants and Gimegid are no longer the holy grail of techs within their respective elements so there are actually viable techs to TAJA against bosses weak to only 1 element.

For light, the newly buffed Ilgrants is pretty damn strong, and when TAJA'd with Ragrants is actually stronger than Ragrants spam.
    For dark, Gimegid spam is still the strongest though, but TAJA with Megid is actually pretty close and benefits from TAJA PP save.
    Last edited by escarlata; Sep 29, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

anybody feel like Form Wand's gotten a lot less relevant with the buff update?

It's still as strong as ever of course, but it seems increasing the damage of base bonks and explosions with weapon potential %bonuses feels just as potent now, if not more efficient, during bouts of steady whack smacks.

I test via observation and timing only though and don't parse, so I don't exactly have the numbers to back this claim up.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I mean, if you are doing any single tech spam I would assume it would be better off to work a nabarta 0 tap in instead of just purely spamming the tech

really, I guess it comes down to if the pp cost and time it takes to JA out of nabarta 0 tap are worth it over alternating between two techs
    Last edited by Zorak000; Oct 2, 2017 at 01:25 PM.