Page 195 of 252 FirstFirst ... 95145185192193194195196197198205245 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    If you are going with only 1 Left Ring (rather than going with slotting a few into 12* Units), your other options for a non-general utility would be:
    • Tech C Parry (allows you to perform a Just Guard in a 180° area in front of you by charging a Tech)
    • Peace Zondeel (prevents Zondeel from detonating when using another Lightning Tech).

For general utilities you have:
    • Jumping Dodge (let's you perform a high jump when on the ground),
    • Step Jump (if you jump during a Step, you dash forward rather than just jumping),
    • Air Reversal (allows you to Just Reversal while still in the air),
    • Step JA Combo (gives you a JA circle during Step),
    • Just Reversal B (cause damage in a radius when performing a Just Reversal).
    Thanks for the info.

Coming back to the game I'm still rocking 10* unites, but hopefully I can work up to the good stuff quickly

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    eh maybe I should actually give alternating gimegid and ragrants a try next deus; having a hard time getting the gigrants blade off before deus gets off the platform after the two attacks he does that leaves him open
    trip report: wow yeah alternating gimegid and ragrants while keeping zanverse up is much better, I was even pretty close to getting my compound techs charged as fast as I do while on force! now if only my skill tree was light+dark instead of wind haha

running te/fi just to make sure you're not confusing my chatter for te/fo or something

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Well I clearly agree with TE's damage output being decent and Shifta strike being awesome, However, this is based on the assumption the entirety of the mpa contributes equally, which is usually not the case at all. in fact, a vast majority of the case, you have a few individuals contributing vastly more than the rest of the group, which is of course normal. That discrepancy has a very important impact in practice, although shifta strike is indeed a massive boost even in that situation

As for DPS point, while this is true in theory, in practice, your overall damage on an EQ is quite lower than FO, due to FO having charge PP revival, which synergizes with PP restore and PP convert. Just this alone means more techs before having to use contraptions for PP which in turn, gives you faster compounds, which snowballs into more damage. At the end, it makes quite a difference (although compound nerf will likely mitigate the issue).

All-in-all, what I said was indeed an hyperbole, but not such a huge one. TE's efficiency will always depend on who you're with and the content played, while FO is overall self-sufficient, even when taking on TE's role. TE does more often than not have a huge impact, especially in raids but a solid FO can have a big impact everywhere.

Aside from these little points, I overall agree with you, though.(and I obviously ranted enough already anyway)
    Well i agree with you in general, but when comparing TE (melee/tech hybrid and support) with FO (glass cannon top caster), no surprise TE is losing in dps, if he was better or same, then why FO exists ? If TE was able to offer same DPS, then FO role was ?
    P.S. Not going to start a debate again, just leaving a note.
    P.P.S. And yes compound nerf was clearly unavoidable, a lot of time has passed since they added compound, with influence of new gear and new affixes, decent FO can exploit it.
    Last edited by LancerFate; Jun 20, 2017 at 06:13 PM.

what if te had a zero range tech main class skill that worked from the point of origin, maybe like 10% for 5sp?
    wands would get a nice tech weave rotation for weaker smacks and it would work for talis from the card's position, since the card stops when it hits the target it would proc, giving talis te like te/fo some love too
    this would also buff te's compounds somewhat, but would be more situational and still behind fo
    they could even recycle the zero range skills code from gunner or gal weps for it

also trying to bump my last questions: does e-change ring work for all fornis wand's elements outside of reg/fire/lightning? and does phrase weak affect smacking at all?

I think it's very unlikely but I always thought that wand melee photon arts would be a cool idea. You could imbue different photon arts with different elements (via crafting) to give incentive to use a variety of PAs in different places and it would make the tecter feel like more of a 'battle mage'. Though not sure if that conflicts with the vision of the new Hero class.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jun 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chills View Post
    also trying to bump my last questions: does e-change ring work for all fornis wand's elements outside of reg/fire/lightning? and does phrase weak affect smacking at all?
    Fornis weapons are not effected by Element Change; they will only proc from the base element and the two elements for the potential.
    Phrase Weak does work for Wand melee for calculating damage caused by matching element (it's essentially just like Ancient Oath).

thanks!

hmm i wonder why my friend who has a light fornis wand said that it healed him from smacks on wind-weak enemies after he changed it to wind via zanverse... maybe he derped somehow or maybe cause they are wind and light weak(we were testing in rain eq) and wand is light base?

so phrase weak is a good affix to stick onto form wand then?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chills View Post
    thanks!

hmm i wonder why my friend who has a light fornis wand said that it healed him from smacks on wind-weak enemies after he changed it to wind via zanverse... maybe he derped somehow or maybe cause they are wind and light weak(we were testing in rain eq) and wand is light base?

so phrase weak is a good affix to stick onto form wand then?
    Yeah, it was because the enemies were also light-weak (Phantom Darkers) or fire-weak (Forest Natives).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    you can even just tap it like you were going for a Just Gaurd on hunter
    I personally believe that this is the ONLY way to use nabarta type-0 efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by LancerFate View Post
    Well i agree with you in general, but when comparing TE (melee/tech hybrid and support) with FO (glass cannon top caster), no surprise TE is losing in dps, if he was better or same, then why FO exists ? If TE was able to offer same DPS, then FO role was ?
    My same sentiments as well, although it is also true that the inherent redudancy factor really needs to be resolved to keep Techers up to their quirks.
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Jun 22, 2017 at 04:52 AM.

As I've said, damage up is the least desirable outcome, and I completely agree it's not the something TE needs, although it definitely DOES need something

On another more interesting note, for some people (like me) who haven't seen Lavis in acton yet
    HnH 6-10 as Lavis

It really made a strong impression on me, the pot didn't sound like much at first, but that wave damage and speed boost are so ridiculous it makes sense the S-ATK was lowered
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 24, 2017 at 09:14 AM.