Page 199 of 249 FirstFirst ... 99149189196197198199200201202209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2489
  1. #1981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breadsticks View Post
    Well for techer I imagine it doesn't matter since it probably takes you two minutes and more to charge either way


    They wont get nerfed actually one is getting buffed

    they are just getting a 2min cooldown
    I have to disagree with this. It just makes TE better comparatively because it hits FO much harder, but on a lot of content you can already get one compound every minute as TE/FI or TE/BR, and it's your main source of damage for bosses

    To elaborate a bit, compound rate depends on damage dealt, number of hits, and content played. while the change is not noticeable in mpa for TE because 12 people content makes compounds longer to charge, 4 man and solo quests (Gracia excluded because damage being halved here means slower compound charge), the compound can actually charge blazingly fast.

  2. #1982

    Default

    I saw earlier people were talking about alternating elements for TAJA. Is this just to get optimal bossing techs? Or does TAJA only work with different elements?

    Also thoughts on Te/Fi vs. Te/Br post-banish nerf?
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

  3. #1983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlankM View Post
    I saw earlier people were talking about alternating elements for TAJA. Is this just to get optimal bossing techs? Or does TAJA only work with different elements?

    Also thoughts on Te/Fi vs. Te/Br post-banish nerf?
    It's just because light only has ragrants as a good bossing tech for light, which means you're better off using a decent dark tech in rotation on deus (mostly gimegid, and the occasional zanverse/ramegid 0 refresh) than TAJA into another light tech.

    Despite the banish nerf, TE/BR will still be strong, if only for its strong weak point whacking, and the synergy between weak stance's high multipliers and snatch JA for tech slinging and PP recovery, effectively making it the best ragrants nuker and most reliable bossing combo after TE/SU (the latter will be even more hurt by marron nerfs)
    Conversely, TE/FI doesn't shine at the moment on pure light because here, TAJA gets in the way of both step cancels and tech spam, which makes it less efficient at light nuking. However the change on skill tree will allow it to spec into two different elements, which will greatly help TAJA for light (TE/FI was already very strong as wind or dark anyway). The compound 2 minutes limit still hurts the combo but TE/FI will mostly benefit from the changes and will probably let it bring even more to the table than it used to.

    That's just wild guessing at this point, but I still think TE/BR and TE/FI will coexist despite the nerfs/tree changes happening, as they each offer respective advantages that don't really overlap
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 4, 2017 at 04:14 PM.

  4. #1984

    Default

    I just picked up my first freebie 13* from collection files, I'm basically grinding out the revolucio one so I can quickly meet the requirement for expert blocks/level cap increase without needing to wait on EQs.

    I noticed that aside from its 8% JA damage latent is has anothe latent, termed "refining operation" on visiphone wiki, and it says you gain damage for damage dealt, taken, and pp consumed. Can someone elaborate on how this latent works? Is it per mission? Like does it reset on a new mission but one you reach the % cap in your current mission it stays there until the end? Now sure how this works or if it's worth taking over the 8% JA damage.

  5. #1985
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I noticed that aside from its 8% JA damage latent is has anothe latent, termed "refining operation" on visiphone wiki, and it says you gain damage for damage dealt, taken, and pp consumed. Can someone elaborate on how this latent works? Is it per mission? Like does it reset on a new mission but one you reach the % cap in your current mission it stays there until the end? Now sure how this works or if it's worth taking over the 8% JA damage.
    All the latents and pet personalities that build up over time or as you do something reset when you switch weapons. It probably won't be useful for a wand unless you're using the element change ring, which is questionable itself due to zondeel and zanverse changing the element.

  6. #1986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    All the latents and pet personalities that build up over time or as you do something reset when you switch weapons. It probably won't be useful for a wand unless you're using the element change ring, which is questionable itself due to zondeel and zanverse changing the element.
    I'm 100% using the element change ring from now on, I'm done carrying a buncha wands in my inventory lol, it's just way simpler and I've already gotten used to uncharged Zondeel. It's manageable in nearly every situation you're even using it anyhow.

    That being said the end all bonus is 16% increased dmg compared to JA flat 8%, with the exception of needing to build it up, seems like a clear winner right?

    Does it reset if you switch to another of the same weapon on your pallets? For example if I switch to the same wand with different techs on it in order to change to the right element, does that count as switching weapons?

  7. #1987
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Does it reset if you switch to another of the same weapon on your pallets? For example if I switch to the same wand with different techs on it in order to change to the right element, does that count as switching weapons?
    As far as I know you would keep the effect if you did that.

    I believe that latent requires Photon Boosters instead of the usual Photon Spheres though. I'm ab it too tired to check.

  8. #1988

    Default

    Revo's second pot increase damage done, reduces damage taken, and reduces pp cost.

    Every accumulated 50k dmg increase dmg by 1%. Every 300 dmg taken gives 1% reduction to dmg taken. Every 100 pp used gives 1% pp cost reduction. They all cap at 16% and are all independent of each other. The end total being 16% increase damage, reduced damage taken, and pp cost reduction.

    You can switch to another revo weapon with the same pot name and pot level and still keep what you have accumulated for your pot. You can also manually change the weapon on the weapon palette and still keep the pot (assuming same pot and pot lvl). It does not reset on area change. Quest change, i'm not sure.

    It requires battle boosters or whatever it's called. The "photon spheres" of battle mode.
    Last edited by Reilet; Jul 7, 2017 at 03:17 AM.

  9. #1989

    Default

    Couple of questions about TE/HU

    For pure wand whacking, is TE/HU better served by a S-ATK or T-ATK mag? I have a Form wand

    Since tech explosions apparently can't ever count as Just Attacks, are there any skills in the hunter tree that can be skipped?

  10. #1990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ether View Post
    Couple of questions about TE/HU

    For pure wand whacking, is TE/HU better served by a S-ATK or T-ATK mag? I have a Form wand

    Since tech explosions apparently can't ever count as Just Attacks, are there any skills in the hunter tree that can be skipped?
    Short answer is T-Atk for mobbing (Wand Gear dmg), S-Atk for bossing (single target dmg utilizing JA bonus and wand hits).

    A lot of the time however the choice of mag can fall under what weapon you need to equip. For example, you can't equip an Zeinesis wand with a striking mag so you're left with little choice. Form wand has a dex requirement so you're in the clear there, however, so utilize the advice above.

Similar Threads

  1. Official PSZ video capture guide thread?
    By Jenni Porshakin in forum Phantasy Star Zero
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2010, 04:27 AM
  2. What happened to the "TECHer forgotten" thread? D:
    By Poncho_Jr in forum PSU General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
  3. Guide: Finding the best threads
    By astuarlen in forum Fresh Kills Landfill
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2007, 11:45 PM
  4. Kuda's guide to not making guide threads
    By Skuda in forum Fresh Kills Landfill
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2004, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •