Page 200 of 252 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200201202203210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2517

Form benefits more from the S-ATK mag because the wave it creates scales from S-ATK (and it counts as Ranged attack, so you get that multiplier applied to it from Fury Stance).

I'm usually a Te/Hu guy but decided to give Te/Br a go. Can someone give me the skinny on how to properly utilize this combo (without bow cheese with the nerf incoming)?

I'm assuming mobbing is still just zondeel wacking, because it feels much more convenient than charging any PA, so when do I utilize techs? I've read ragtants spam is good for bosses, as in, all bosses? Or just ones weak to light? If I use light on non-light week bosses I lose weak stance bonus I believe.

So which techs are best per element? Any kind of direction someone can give me on this build?

Wand smacking will definitely still be your bread and butter for mobbing but unlike Te/Hu, Te/Br can (obviously) make use of tech to make some snipes.

Regarding Weak Stance conditions, it basically proc anywhere where WHA **or EWH procs, so it's condition is actually really easy to fulfil.

I only really use Te/Br for TA speed runs and XQ runs (which Banish is obviously super good for) so the below mentioned strats may not be fully accurate for some of the recent bosses like Deus/Mother etc.

The meta for Te/Br is really just Banish Techs, Te/Fi is usually stronger in terms of Wand teching otherwise, owing to a more reliable multipliers on their Compound Techs. Even tho Banish is getting a nerf, it's unlikely they nerf it to completely unusable state, so it's likely to still be Te/Br's main option outside of Compounds. Considering the element mastery skill point reduction coming in S5, you can actually max out both Light and Dark, so basically you should be using Ragrants and Gimegid in any condition where you don't lose Weak Stance while using them. Another tool that Te/Br is really effective at utilising is Ilbarta, katana guard cancelling the first 4 uncharged hits, and Banish the last 3 hits (Banish > C5 > UC6 > C7), which can literally be done in under 2 seconds. Also, always step cancel all your techs, since you have snatch JA.
    Last edited by escarlata; Jul 9, 2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm usually a Te/Hu guy but decided to give Te/Br a go. Can someone give me the skinny on how to properly utilize this combo (without bow cheese with the nerf incoming)?

I'm assuming mobbing is still just zondeel wacking, because it feels much more convenient than charging any PA, so when do I utilize techs? I've read ragtants spam is good for bosses, as in, all bosses? Or just ones weak to light? If I use light on non-light week bosses I lose weak stance bonus I believe.

So which techs are best per element? Any kind of direction someone can give me on this build?
    Okay forget Te/Hu. Forget banish, it's unfun, clunky to use and doesn't give you much of an edge over just playing normally especially considering there might be forces in the MPA (which makes it useless) and you can fail to do the whole combo.
    Think more like a melee force. Unlike force you have a step and JA so the gameplay is much more fluid and enjoyable. In solo quests you can do whatever. In MPAs zondeel is okay when you're there right as the enemy spawns, otherwise you can forget it since they'll just lag out of it anyway.

Your main tool usually is -cast speed crafted Ragrants. Crafted Gigrants is also really good for clearing entire waves of enemies for example in TD.
    Gimegid is good when you know you can hit with it. Crafted Nazan is also pretty good on wind weak enemies.
    Crafted rafoie (I think that's the name) is good when whacking bosses like the banthers and otherwise too as a movement tool.

Aim at weak points at all times and switch to whacking/pp convert whenever you're low on PP. Enemies without weak points are a huge pain in the ass but thankfully there aren't many relevant ones. You can stun some of them with shock which is kinda useful on knight gear and gal gryphon since they keep running around.

Also Te/Fi stances make the combo really annoying to use and the amount of damage you get in return is really minuscule compared to weak stance. I'm also pretty sure Tech Arts JA is a damage loss compared to just spamming a strong tech like Ragrants.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Okay forget Te/Hu. Forget banish, it's unfun, clunky to use and doesn't give you much of an edge over just playing normally especially considering there might be forces in the MPA (which makes it useless) and you can fail to do the whole combo.
    Think more like a melee force. Unlike force you have a step and JA so the gameplay is much more fluid and enjoyable. In solo quests you can do whatever. In MPAs zondeel is okay when you're there right as the enemy spawns, otherwise you can forget it since they'll just lag out of it anyway.

Your main tool usually is -cast speed crafted Ragrants. Crafted Gigrants is also really good for clearing entire waves of enemies for example in TD.
    Gimegid is good when you know you can hit with it. Crafted Nazan is also pretty good on wind weak enemies.
    Crafted rafoie (I think that's the name) is good when whacking bosses like the banthers and otherwise too as a movement tool.

Aim at weak points at all times and switch to whacking/pp convert whenever you're low on PP. Enemies without weak points are a huge pain in the ass but thankfully there aren't many relevant ones. You can stun some of them with shock which is kinda useful on knight gear and gal gryphon since they keep running around.

Also Te/Fi stances make the combo really annoying to use and the amount of damage you get in return is really minuscule compared to weak stance. I'm also pretty sure Tech Arts JA is a damage loss compared to just spamming a strong tech like Ragrants.
    Banish ragrants is still useful and actually does give you an edge when used correctly. It's also very fun to me, as some people find TE/HU fun to use You just got to remember you're still a TE, so in mpa conditions, you should only whip it up in situations where you know you won't have to actively support (since you have to get all your focus on your combos) making it ideal for any form of stun. most of the other things said I can agree with

TE/FI really shines on an offensive wind build since TAJAing a vast majority of the techs gives you more damage and a very notable sustain thank to PP save. It is however a waste for light since you don't have any relevant option to TAJA ragrants into except zanverse and support as I've said earlier.

Yeah, I think it's time for me to throw in the towel for TE/BR...

Not only does Banish Arrow cost 50 PP in EP V (compared to 20 PP, in the past) Technic Banish Arrow combo damage deals incredibly lackluster damage as well... When I used Lv.8 Team Attack boost, Shifta Drink, Shifta Strike and Fruit Tart to test my damage on Bal Rodos, my Banish Arrow explosion did 786k at its max. Now, I literally did 381k under the same conditions (even with the Shifta Advance buff, now that it can be maxed at Lv.5, opposed to Lv.10) Shit, even my seventh Il Barta chain did more damage of than Banish Arrow explosion itself...

Worst of all: it's asinine on how SEGA expects us to effectively use Technic Banish Arrow combos outside of PP Convert now... Like, those combos previously devoured the crap out of your PP gauge; so now, they want us to waste even more time to charge normal Bullet Bow attacks under Rapid Shot? Or better yet, use your Orbit Talisman/Gunslash when both are under cooldown?! Come on, SEGA -- get real...

Honestly, it feels like I wasted all this time, effort, and energy into getting decent equips, along with mastering the "finger-gymnastics" setup on the Sub Palette to properly boss with this class combination. The biggest con with Techer's has always been its subpar bossing capabilities, so why not make it even worst in post-EPV?! I mean, it's not like Techer players are already affected by the Compound Technic nerf anyways (with extreme sarcasm)...

All for all, there's no use in crying over spilled milked, so I'll move on to a different class (that's -- you know -- isn't completely garbage at bossing now).
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Jul 26, 2017 at 01:58 PM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

it looks like some of the non-type 0 tech crafts kinda have a "better for techer or better for force" thing going on, but that's just at a glance so far. mostly talking about places where the choice is +power vs. -charge time or -pp costs

This would, of course, have to happen right as I consider coming back to the game. So we effectively lost Banish and Marron and compounds have a 2m cooldown (that all three share). What are our remaining bossing options?
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Honestly, BlakLanner, it's dub-city for Techers now; realistically, we've literally entered a new Dark Age for our beloved class.

Like you mentioned, our Technic Banish Arrow combos, Marron setups, Compound Technics are essentially moot now. What puts the final nail on the coffin is the Zanverse nerf, where class skills, along with weapon potentials etc. doesn't affect it anymore...

Quite frankly, I'm presuming the new meta would be TE/FI as people anticipate pre-EP V, due to versatility of Brave/Wise Stance, in addition to its bells and whistles of Tech Arts JA Bonus, Tech Arts JA PP Save, PP Slayer, Chase Advance etc.

Only time will tell on whether TE/FI will be able to compete with other classes, in terms of DPS (but I highly doubt it though)~
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Jul 26, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Now you know why I quit PSO2.
    The weakest class had been nerfed to oblivion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan