Page 204 of 252 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206207214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2517

A Lavis Cannon for all, TE problem solved!
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

How about a skill that, upon activation, basically channels photons into the wand to turn it into a big morning star, hammer, axe, or something like that. Maybe it caps your max health like PP Convert or Limit Break. The wand no longer generates tech explosions; instead, that damage is added onto the hit directly and then the combined damage is increased by some significant amount. The wand attack combo is changed to compensate, the photon color would match the element of the wand (accounting for the element change ring), and it would be a skill with a decent duration but a hefty cooldown. On top of that, all techs would be boosted in some way. Perhaps increased uncharged tech damage? Techs charge twice as fast? Or, dear god, you fire off fully charged techs without having to charge them at all!

Y'know, Sacrifice Bite 0, but as a skill and thus even better and cooler.

As for what exactly the damage increase would be... That I'm not sure of. I imagine it would be very significant, but not more than the total damage from smacking a decently-sized zondeel'd mob spawn. Something that makes it ideal and powerful for bossing but not the best option for groups of enemies.

Techer should be the class with the strongest and most satisfying normal attacks, imo, so I'd definitely like to see a bossing solution that dials them up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    Techer should be the class with the strongest and most satisfying normal attacks, imo, so I'd definitely like to see a bossing solution that dials them up to 11.
    I think that's the issue though. SEGA is probably very hesitant at giving us Techers such wand smacking utility, out of fear that we'd simply be cheesing bosses with "normal attacks only", as opposed to their ever consistent PA/Tech spamming centric combat design. (Hence my view of Techers as always riding a fine line between being underutilized and being overpowered.)

Even simpler, why not just give simple buffs (that are already present on other things in the game) to each element that gets used via wand? Something like:

[Wand Element Boost]

Wind - Attack speed +15%
    Lightning - Wand Chase Hit, Movement Speed +100%
    Fire - Explosion +10%/Range extend
    Ice - Massive Hunter+ Damage reduc for X seconds
    Dark - Wand Strike Counter
    Light - All wand strikes are auto JA

In any case, I also share the opinion of pretty much everyone that SEGA's announced Techer buff would most likely be mediocre at best. After all, it's the one class that their devs were never really sure what to do with, even after 5 full episodes later.
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Aug 3, 2017 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    I think that's the issue though. SEGA is probably very hesitant at giving us Techers such wand smacking utility, out of fear that we'd simply be cheesing bosses with "normal attacks only", as opposed to their ever consistent PA/Tech spamming centric combat design. (Hence my view of Techers as always riding a fine line between being underutilized and being overpowered
    And that's a good point. Buffing wand smacks without any downside would just make it to OP (though hero's sword action does a hell lot of damage for no PP and is ranged...). A charged attack like hero's sword action could be a solution. Or something like limit break with a HP penalty. Other then that a situational boost to techs could do, but we have to be careful Techer doesn't outperform FO in teching to easily.

i personally would be fine with 10-20% more smacking power, just to make solo'ing XH content more bareable (as TE/HU that is). XH content doesnt really bother me, but the current trend of timers on all content does. But a boost to smacking is not really gonna make other players pick Techer, so that wouldn't really help SEGA to get more people to play Techer.

If SEGA really is insistent that Techer be a casting focused class, then I think that heavily reduced/instantaneous Tech charging as a main class skill might be the way to go; without increasing the general power of Techs on Te compared to Fo, doing this gives it the appeal as a casting class without making it overpowered since without the Charge PP Revival skill from Fo, you would burn off PP much faster, thus giving a reason to combine casting and wand melee to keep your PP pool up, and even if someone does go Te/Fo, they still lose out on the damage boost from Elemental Conversion, or as a balance they could make Charge PP Revival or Tech Charge Advance main class only.
    Last edited by Anduril; Aug 4, 2017 at 12:43 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I think they really want to insist that techer does both, cast, and bonk. their biggest problem I guess is finding a way to buff the casting portion that doesn't wind up also buffing force, or making techer outshine force at offensive techs.

the type 0 forms of ramegid, safoie, nabarta, and even gigrants are kind of a step in the right direction, but they really gotta think of something that a techer can do if there is more than one techer in the party/MPA. if there is more than one ranger around, well rifles and launchers are still pretty effective weapons, but techer doesnt really have something to fall back on like that.

anyway I would like to hope they do something more to push te/fi and maybe te/br without needing to rely on a bow as well

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post

Even simpler, why not just give simple buffs (that are already present on other things in the game) to each element that gets used via wand? Something like:

[Wand Element Boost]

Wind - Attack speed +15%
    Lightning - Wand Chase Hit, Movement Speed +100%
    Fire - Explosion +10%/Range extend
    Ice - Massive Hunter+ Damage reduc for X seconds
    Dark - Wand Strike Counter
    Light - All wand strikes are auto JA
    While I like the idea, it's difficult to pull off correctly. They'd need to be significant enough that you'd want to maintain the boost and it'd feel good to have it, but the boosts can't be too unique and/or unbalanced between the elements. That's when you get shit like Ep 1 Fire Force. You also want to avoid boosts that feel very much like QoL changes - Wand Chase, movement speed buffs, etc. are all very specific effects that feel good to have and feel like shit to lose. Choosing between clunky but efficient and smooth/fun but weaker shouldn't have to be a thing. You'd have to be able to have it all, pretty much.

That being said, if you're saying that you'd be gaining those effects temporarily via casting techs and not just having them based solely on wand element, well, that would be interesting. Have it so that Techer can cast stronger uncharged techs for less PP, and casting a tech of an element (or hitting enemies with a wand explosion of that element) applies that buff. A player should be able to maintain the full suite of buffs without having to constantly spam techs, but also not be able to buff the start of an area and then not to think about refreshing it all. Make someone feel like they're smart and skilled for being able to keep the buffs up, and not just"remembering to use fury stance when you start a quest from the lobby" tier upkeep, but don't make it tedious enough to feel like a chore. Could also make it so that either hitting with the tech grants increased duration, or that it needs to hit something at all to give the buff. The incentive to cycle techs in combat would work well with Te/Fi's combo arts. Battle Mage in DFO has a system like this with her elemental chasers; her different attack skills generate different element chasers, and hitting an enemy with a chaser procs that chaser's buff. It's fun and rewarding to maintain all the buffs.

The big issue with this is that it promotes mixing and comboing techs (which sounds like fun) when Techer has a major damage-increasing skill for hitting elemental weaknesses. There are different ways to handle this. A couple examples:

1) Main class skill that alleviates this. Ideas include "wand smacks cause an enemy to become weak to all elements for a couple seconds (encourages you to weave smacks and techs; my favorite idea tbh)," a buff skill that causes you to always deal elemental weakness damage no matter what, "hitting with an element that you have not gotten the buff from yet deals weakness damage no matter what," etc (can greatly change playstyle, primarily that first one; fun)

2) remove Elemental Weak Hit from Techer, put it somewhere else, get some new damage-boosting skill (changes playstyle a bit but boring)

3) Just expect people to keep their buffs up then target weaknesses like normal (very tiny playstyle change, very boring)
    Last edited by Triple_S; Aug 5, 2017 at 04:42 AM.

They need to just make it a Wand/Tech Weaving Class.

JA'ing a Tech could make the next 1or2 Wand Swing(s) +40% Damage.
    JA'ing a Wand Swing could make the next 1or2 Tech(s) "instant cast".
    Would be great for weaving powerful Zan/Megiverse/Shifta/Deband/Resta Party Support. Without stopping to charge which feels really clunky.

These mechanics aren't overpowered, they're already in the game (Dragon slayer, Elysion). Would pair great with Step JA Ring. You could still do decent damage while also supporting the party. It would give Techers their own unique identity and play style. Items like Form Scythe and Lavis Cannon would be come even more valuable.

Been playing TE/HU for a long time, In my mind this feels right.
    Last edited by Wil with one l; Aug 5, 2017 at 06:19 PM.

just started tech/braver - which rings should i get. some tips would be great p/s : i read stuffs from page 1 which is years back, so i dont know if there are changes at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by pumpotatokin View Post
    just started tech/braver - which rings should i get. some tips would be great p/s : i read stuffs from page 1 which is years back, so i dont know if there are changes at the moment
    I mostly use:

* Left: Wand Element Change. Makes it easier to take advantage of Braver's Weak Stance and not need multiple elements of wands. Cast unchraged Zondeel to not swap and a tech after Zanverse/Megiverse if you charge one of those.

If you happen to have a raid boss' weakness you can replace it with Tech Parry or Step Jump if not on units (I wouldn't personally put Tech Parry on a unit but I don't even have any 12 star units myself =w=; ).

* Right: Massive Hunter. Probably can use a lot I haven't tried here yet but I just like using this.

Other right rings I still want to try myself are Killing Bonus and Tech Arts JA PP Save but I haven't. A lot of times i'm just doing Ragrants-step-Ragrants so the 2nd one wouldn't do much there has been my excuse.

---

Two big changes from the first page are probably the recent Banish Arrow nerfs and the TE skill tree changes.

I didn't use Banish Arrow myself as I never found a Rikauteri, but it sounds like it was hurt pretty bad so I don't think the bow stuff would be as much of the Braver Sub selling point compared to then. Does give you some more room to spend SP on your Braver tree if you ignore it though.

TE skill tree got a lot of skills max points lowered so you can get a lot more a lot easier. Also before the recent changes to Zanverse people wanted Techers to max Wind Mastery as it affected it, but since it doesn't anymore if you don't use much Wind you don't have to max or even touch it if you want.

I'd say you just get at least this and then whatever else you want: Skill Tree Simulator

TE: Resta Advance if you want/see a need for it, whatever element mastery you like. Personally spam a lot more light that anything else but if you are just doing 7/15 points for it you can do the same on Dark for example. Or maybe more support things besides Shifta Critical. I'll be honest when I say I have it right now because there really is just that many Skill Points available, but I don't think it is worth much with so little Crit damage ups around.

BR: I might as well filled in Quick Mate and as much Step Advance as you can get at that level, you just have a lot of room there. I still need my Braver to hit 80 and have a few points in Br/Hu stuff. Lets you swap to Te/Hu as well.