Page 206 of 252 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206207208209216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2517

Sega could have solved this issue with stances, but now it would require the entire redesign of the class to fit this.

Since the problem is that Techer is underpowered in damage output because it provides support (with the argument being that if it did both damage and support at the same time, why would anyone want to be anything other than techer), they could split Techer into 2 subtrees, one under "Wand-smacking Stance" and one under "Support Stance".

Wand smacking stance would provide damage output comparable to other classes but lose extra duration on buffs, extra range, etc.

Support stance would be the current full-support techer without access to wand gear etc.

And this would also solve the issue with groups having 2 Techers; one stays full damage, the other one stance-dances for support and damage.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Aug 16, 2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Wand smacking stance would need harder demerits to buffs for that to be fair. Wand smack stance for comparable damage and no buffs, or support stance with buffs that only work with support stance.

I'd rather just a bit so that their damage is acceptable. It doesn't need to be on par with all other classes, but still pretty alright. I'd also accept that, on top of increasing their baseline damage, all of their support techniques gain increased effectiveness for the Techer depending on how many allies were buffed at the time. This way you can have Techer be better solo but not amazing, do very respectable damage in MPAs along with fantastic survivability, and promote a smooth playstyle of weaving support spells and wand smacks in. I'd still like to see something that supports a unique offensive technic casting style, but that'd be good.

Another neat idea would be a skill that, for a short time, causes anyone hit by a shifta/deband pulse to echo that pulse with their standard range. Obviously the echo wouldn't affect the person giving it off and give them two pulses for the price of one, nor would someone echoing a pulse be affected by another player's echo of that pulse. Though I'm still undecided if a player affected by an echo pulse would echo it themselves as well or if that'd be too good.

I'm still waiting for that... promised TE buff.

By now I believe TE buff means 904705723975925723 other class buffs and 2% wand whack damage increase.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

I'm still angry at that ring GU got to increase TMG damage while a stance is on. Adapted to S/T damage and to wands, it would have been great for TE. But they gave it to an already super powerful class instead...
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Here's a idea to help Techers:

• Make Wand Explosion damage count toward filling a compound technique gauge, just like damage from techniques does.
    • Make every hit with a wand strike reduce the cooldown for recasting compound techniques.

This would help improve Techer damage, especially single-target damage, by improving tools that Techers, as casters, already have. Of course, it would be necessary to make sure Techers don't outdo Forces, so exactly how much wand explosions count toward compound gauges and how much the cooldown is reduced by wand smacks would have to be carefully adjusted.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Here's my suggestions for buffs for Te

1. Buff Long Time Asset where if another Te user is in the MPA the time of SD stacks so it doesn't make a 2nd Te feel useless.
    2. Get rid of Wand Gear Element and just inherit it into wand explosions.
    3. Have any Normal attack boosting stuff also buff the wand explosion and foam wand damage as well.
    4. For the love of fucking god just Have L/Wand Element Change have Zondeel, Zanverse, and Megiverse not changing the element please. This is something I have to complain about Bo and maybe Fo. I'm so tired of having to get a rainbow set of weapons just to do worse damage than shit like Hero and Fi. The idea of having to have a rainbow set of weapons just to play your class as maximum potential needs to fucking die.
    Last edited by EvilMag; Aug 16, 2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah part of the issue facing techer is really just what is it supposed to do between buffing/zanverse, or what it should do if somebody else in the multi/party is already handling that. the class that shows a similar situation is Ranger with weak bullet, but it's issues are solved simply from Rifle and Launcher being good weapons in their own rights. Techer only has wandbonking that falls off heavily against bosses or other low-enemy-count situations, and using techs that are generally handled better by a Force main. some of the Type 0 techs kinda helped techer without also being a direct buff to force too; but techer still lacks something unique for bossing situations.

like I know we all keep saying this but, well, we just haven't seen anything that really stands out. I guess they said they are thinking about something now, but dang sega how long did that take for ya'll to really notice? I guess we'll just have to see what they have in store; maybe we'll even see something in the next dev stream

I recently updated my Techer's Friend Partner and suddenly she started using Wind tech out of left field instead of only megiverse and shifta/deband/resta/anti, those 5 tech being the only slotted one on weapon palette and subpallete (all 6 of both).

Ah quick check with the help of a friend shown that inclination (3rd slot when registering FP) seemed to impact tech usage
    Battle-Ready was my default and gave ilzan and razan.
    Healer we tryed also, and it gave zan and gizan. Edit: And Sazan popped up too now for a 3rd uninvited guest.

My Friend's FP that is also a megiverse spam bot is unaffected, so this must had been a change with the EP5 update.
    Last edited by Sandmind; Sep 19, 2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    I recently updated my Techer's Friend Partner and suddenly she started using Wind tech out of left field instead of only megiverse and shifta/deband/resta/anti, those 5 tech being the only slotted one on weapon palette and subpallete (all 6 of both).

Ah quick check with the help of a friend shown that inclination (3rd slot when registering FP) seemed to impact tech usage
    Battle-Ready was my default and gave ilzan and razan.
    Healer we tryed also, and it gave zan and gizan. Edit: And Sazan popped up too now for a 3rd uninvited guest.

My Friend's FP that is also a megiverse spam bot is unaffected, so this must had been a change with the EP5 update.
    If you use 3-button type now and were using 2-button type some time in the past try swapping back to 2-button type temporarily to check if any sub or weapon palettes need to be cleared. After doing that go back to 3-button type then try reregistering your FP and it should stop casting random unwanted techs.
    Last edited by ohpz; Sep 19, 2017 at 10:11 PM.