Page 248 of 252 FirstFirst ... 148198238245246247248249250251 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2517

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    TePh is more Satk than Tatk actually. You just dont ignore Tatk, but you don't prioritize it IIRC.
    Technically no build should ever ignore either of the two stats but Te/Ph is definitely more Tech leaning than Strike.

The damage multipliers for Normal Attacks (which scale with S-ATK) are 9% weaker than Te/Hu however Tech explosions (which scale with T-ATK) are actually 7% stronger than Te/Hu since they don't benefit from Fury Combo Up anyway.

Hu-sub Normal Attacks: 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.2 x 1.05 x 1.05 x 1.1 = 1.76%
    Hu-sub Tech Explosions: 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.2 x 1.05 x 1.05 = 1.60%
    Ph-sub Normals & Expl.: 1.45 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 1.67%

This and the added DPS and DPP buff provided by Tech Short Charge on most techs pushes it further to the Tech side however well placed Heavy Hammers are still important to keep your DPS up hence why neither Te/Ph nor Te/Fi ever ignore S-ATK completely. Also since TAJA doesn't apply to Compound Techs, Te/Ph Compound multipliers are on par with Te/Fi minus all the conditional damage hassle.

Te/Fi Compounds front: 1.4 x 1.1 = 1.54%
    Te/Fi Compounds back: 1.35 x 1.3 = 1.76%
    Te/Ph Compounds: 1.35 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 1.56%

And yes, in situations where you can't reliably TAJA different Techs and have to resort to spamming one of them, like Grants, Te/Ph is actually 2% stronger than Te/Fi + the DPS buff from Tech Short Charge.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Jun 23, 2019 at 09:02 AM.

Yes I'm aware of the multipliers of TePh and how it works. I looked over my logs and skimmed through various parses (because multis arent the full story for real world performance) and I prob just mixed myself up at some point since most of the TePh's parse data should wand gear as greater contribution towards their damage despite wand hit being around 50% more damage on average. So that's my fault.

That being said, I only said prioritize satk not ignore tatk lmao. But either way yeah focus on both with some more emphasis on tatk over satk.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Yes I'm aware of the multipliers of TePh and how it works. I looked over my logs and skimmed through various parses (because multis arent the full story for real world performance) and I prob just mixed myself up at some point since most of the TePh's parse data should wand gear as greater contribution towards their damage despite wand hit being around 50% more damage on average. So that's my fault.

That being said, I only said prioritize satk not ignore tatk lmao. But either way yeah focus on both with some more emphasis on tatk over satk.
    I know that you know about the multipliers and i haven't said that you said T-ATK should be ignored. I just decided to give a detailed answer because many newcomers pop up these days due to the western release announcement and they lack the context.
    The reason why Wand Hits still have higher contribution on solo targets is because normal attack potencs for 3 swings is 1006 and goes through S-DEF while Wand Gear has only 720 potency (on signle targets) while also having to go through to T-DEF which is 10% higher compared to S-DEF on most enemies since EP4 iirc. That and skill rings like Attack advance only boosting the Wand Hit portion giving you even more of a DPS difference between the two.
    When investing in T-ATK you usually take Techs into consideration first and foremost, Tech Explosions getting stronger is just a reason for why focusing on T-ATK isn't too big of a DPS loss for Normal Attacks over S-ATK.
    Well and in mobbing content Wand gear becomes insane due to explosion stacking. 1 additional enemy is enough to double the Damage but bosses don't spawn adds in this game.

I'm a little undecided as to what's the bst use for the extra 5 skill points gained between level 86 to 90.

Also, is there an optimal skill tree for TE that will synergise best with Ph sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    I'm a little undecided as to what's the bst use for the extra 5 skill points gained between level 86 to 90.

Also, is there an optimal skill tree for TE that will synergise best with Ph sub?
    dunno but here is mine: http://bit.ly/31Ar7XF

what would be some desirable S1s for Chaval Melm? currently using atra EX wand on TeHu,but since one of these dropped it opens up the possibility of TePh with casting instead of wand bonks for its main means of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakasa View Post
    what would be some desirable S1s for Chaval Melm? currently using atra EX wand on TeHu,but since one of these dropped it opens up the possibility of TePh with casting instead of wand bonks for its main means of damage.
    Mlem is a great Wand for Spamming Techs and synergizes extremely well with Lightsteam Wand (if you can get one).
    I'd definitely suggest getting the LS S1 Tech Boost. Not having S2~4 slots makes it very easy to reach +200 T-ATK without having to bash your head against the wall trying to 8s it.

The usual suspects:
    S1 Tech Boost (if the other affixes reach 200 T-atk)
    S1 Collaborator Liberator (if you can guarantee that you will play in a full group)
    S1 Augment Intent (if you have 8 slot weapon)
    S1 Double-Edged Sword (if you know you won't die because of 8% more damage taken)
    S1 Photon Balance (if you don't have issue with PP)

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Mlem is a great Wand for Spamming Techs and synergizes extremely well with Lightsteam Wand (if you can get one).
    I'd definitely suggest getting the LS S1 Tech Boost. Not having S2~4 slots makes it very easy to reach +200 T-ATK without having to bash your head against the wall trying to 8s it.
    whats the synergy bewteen the two?

What would be some desirable S1s for Chaval Melm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    The usual suspects:
    S1 Tech Boost (if the other affixes reach 200 T-Atk)
    (...)
    I apologize for asking this side question but since Lightstream weapons cannot be destroyed in any way, how can you put Tech Boost on a Chaval Melm ? Did I miss something in the recent updates ?