Page 4 of 252 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

So, say I have Techer, fighter, and Braver all leveled up. If i wanted techer to be the main class, what would be the best build for using wands and possibly techs as well? I also picked up the 12* wand and would l'd love to use it but mostly I just want the most optimal skilltree/mag setup for taking things down.

Te/Fi does strict wand usage best imo. More versatile skill tree for bolstering wands since Braver has a lot tied to katana/bow usage. Brave Stance and Wise Stance are very strong and don't care about matching weakness, so you can use wind/light/dark techs on anything (should you want to) and only lose out on EWH, whereas Braver would only have Average Stance to buff your tech damage in those cases. It also has the best Elysion usage, since Weak Stance Charge is useless for uncharged techs and most cases of using Elysion don't involve matching weakness.

I can't recommend using Nox Kyklos, since it's kinda bad for reasons I addressed in the previous page, but if you were seeking to make use of it, I guess a build like this would be a decent starting point (swap Wind Mastery skills for Light/Dark as appropriate). Just adjust to suit your needs.

Thanks. Ive gotten several wands, including species specific latent ones crafted to ex8 so a crit build would work fine, i just want the novelty of being able to wield the 12* since i like the look of it.

right now I got a cat mag, which is like 90t-atk, and 50s atk/dex. would it be worth it to bother remaking with a new mag or would it not give that much stats change?

Don't forget attack advance

even though that doesn't increase the gear explosion
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

As far as I remember, I've always been Te/X since the release of this Class (Sub-FO, Sub-FI, Sub-BR and finally Sub-BO which fits me more than anything else). And even if I don't agree with everything he says because of personal ideas and gameplay, I have to admit this TEchter Guide is one of the best I've read since LonelyGaruga gives really good/useful/accurate details. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    right now I got a cat mag, which is like 90t-atk, and 50s atk/dex. would it be worth it to bother remaking with a new mag or would it not give that much stats change?
    It's about 4% more damage to WG and 1% less to strikes if you remake it. WG does like 3K so it isn't that big of a deal. The DEX probably helps a lot with crafted weapons anyway, so you might lose out on damage for those wands by remaking the mag.

Btw when 12* crafting comes out, Limit Break Fi/Te will probably be better for Nox Kyklos unless you want to support other people.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Don't forget attack advance

even though that doesn't increase the gear explosion
    That's a Braver skill though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    As far as I remember, I've always been Te/X since the release of this Class (Sub-FO, Sub-FI, Sub-BR and finally Sub-BO which fits me more than anything else). And even if I don't agree with everything he says because of personal ideas and gameplay, I have to admit this TEchter Guide is one of the best I've read since LonelyGaruga gives really good/useful/accurate details. Congrats.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    Thanks. Ive gotten several wands, including species specific latent ones crafted to ex8 so a crit build would work fine, i just want the novelty of being able to wield the 12* since i like the look of it.

Got myself the 12* as well. And it's 35 light not to mention I got it without boost
    I just realized you guys already covered the wand latent after +10 it, but at least I didn't waste that much meseta on it. Might just keep it until 12* crafting is out and then I might consider getting it to +40

But I don't know, for some reasons I get crits pretty easily even with 10SP WS Critical...

Long-distance PA Kaiser Rise launches enemies and accumulates Wired Lance Gear while dealing good damage. Versatile PA.
    Kaiser Rise doesn't launch enemies now though. Or I might be wrong, or didn't realize I actually launch enemies. Can't say I completely agree on your TEHU builds, though I recommend maxing out Automate Halfline so that you don't really have to uncharged megiverse and wand smack or uncharged sazan etc while enemies are being Zondeel'd. Gives more survivability during Massive Hunter as well. But hey, after knowing how fun being a melee techer is it's pretty much what I play as most of the time, and not surprisingly, I have more wands than other weapons currently.

Feels like a "rich people" class judging at myself having 4 tree on Techer alone, and the amount of weapons for optimisation :P
    Ship08 || アリス@気になり火星 || TeHu/RaBr/BoHu/FoTe/FoBr/GuRa

Good catch about Kaiser Rise, I always see people referring it to launch but checking swiki, it's actually knock-down. It just looks like launch when used on flying enemies, which is what I usually see it used on in-game.

I need to look at the Hunter builds again. I forgot to adjust them based on updated information about how damage resistance works. Turns out Flash Guard doesn't protect against a single elemental striking/ranged attack, so Automate Halfline > Flash Guard. There'll be at least one build with Automate Halfline once I finish fixing it. But it's more of a skill to pair with Massive Hunter, and Massive Hunter is pretty irrelevant for mobs since they die almost instantly upon contact with a wand (though stuff like Goldrahda are good reasons to use Massive Hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    That's a Braver skill though.
    I know

you only highlighted the stances
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Because the question was about melee and techs. Braver's Stances are the only skills on its tree that benefit both wand melee and techs.

Attack Advance is overrated anyway. Its main value is to boost wand's boss killing ability, but bows are far superior for that in the first place, so the main use of wands becomes mobbing (like usual). Attack Advance is a high increase, so it's still a staple for Te/Br, but the skill itself is really not that great compared to other skills present on Hunter/Fighter's trees that increase both strikes and WG.