Page 88 of 252 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198138188 ... LastLast

So, I've saved up a lot of CM now and could start buying some wands. But I'm not sure if it's worth it? I currently have a rainbow palette of racist wands, and no 13 stars. I'm not that great at the calculations, but as far as I can tell they'd be around equal for mobbing. Ideal Hexe would be better for bossing, but wands are more of a mobbing weapon anyway... I'm playing Te/Hu and mainly use wired lances against bosses, occasionally wand whacking or Vol Graptoring when necessary. Do you think it's worth me getting Ideal Hexe? Would it be strong enough to outdamage wired lances and partisans?

Wand Whacking Addict

I wouldn't recommend buying an Ideal Hexe. As you've mentioned, wands are more meant for mobbing, and techer mains grab their subclasses's weapons for bossing.

Not that wands can't be used for bossing, I personally enjoy beating a boss to death with a blunt exploding object, but unless you're sure you will never play a class that could make better use of an ideal weapon, don't get the Hexe.

Also Ideal Hexe is ugly
    Ship 02
    Ziyon
    62/30/42/58/55/75/75/55

Thanks. So even if I get Ideal Hexe, as TE/HU my wired lances and partisans will still outdamage it against bosses?

How does Te/Br fare without rikauteri? Is it better to just go Te/Fi instead? I have full TATK mag so according to the guides Hu doesn't benefit from it very well.

Without Rikauteri, Braver gives 1.485x uncharged tech damage, 1.6335x charged tech damage, 1.425x wand strike damage, and 1.485x wand explosion damage. It's better for melee because Weak Stance works consistently, and the wand strike damage shoots up a lot when directly hitting weak points. However, it's worse for techs, because it requires using the element that they're weak to, and it has lower uncharged tech damage.

Fighter generally gives 1-1.5x wand damage (Brave Stance), depending on positioning. For techs, it usually gives 1.5x for mobbing (Brave Stance) and 2x for bossing (Wise Stance + Tech Arts), but it can also go up to 2.32x on sub bosses with Chase. You can use whatever element you have masteries in. Fighter's also better for buffing yourself with Adrenaline, and PP Slayer adds an extra 200 T-ATK for tech spamming.

That's just my opinion though. TE/FI seems to be a taboo subject here nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    TE/FI seems to be a taboo subject here nowadays.
    How come?

Te/Fi is really tempting since you don't need an own weapon for each element and I already got my Fo/Te rods and talis clogging up my inventory. Does fighter has a skill that neglects the requirement to match the element or something?

Te/Fi's just a worse Te/Br.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangemelon View Post
    Te/Fi is really tempting since you don't need an own weapon for each element and I already got my Fo/Te rods and talis clogging up my inventory. Does fighter has a skill that neglects the requirement to match the element or something?
    TE/FI still needs a weapon for each element, because of Techer's Element Weak Hit. That's important for melee.

However, for techs specifically, TE/FI doesn't need to match weaknesses like TE/BR does because Fighter's bonuses apply equally to all elements (and to uncharged techs), whereas Braver's skills need you to match weaknesses and charge techs for the full bonus.

As TE/FI, you still lose the 20% Element Weak Hit if you don't match weaknesses with your techs, but the 44% bonus from using whatever element you're specialized in (wind, light, or dark) outweighs that. You can get the 20% Element Weak Hit bonus back by hitting infection cores, too.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Te/Fi's just a worse Te/Br.
    I thought Te/Fi was a worse Fo/Fi

and a worse Fo/Br I guess

Te/Fi is just insufficient it seems
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Hello. I was thinking of playing Te/Br soon and I have a Gal Wand sitting in storage. Its 30 Light at the moment and do you think it'd be a good idea to use just that instead of investing into other wands? (unlocking the close range potential)