Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default SEGA reveals company downsizing and relocation

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...and-relocation

In a company downsizing, SEGA of America (SoA) plans to relocate from its San Francisco base to Southern California.

SoA president and COO John Cheng explains the move as “crucial” to keep SEGA moving forward throughout North America, and will allow the company to continue offering content across gaming, TV and merchandising.

Relocation packages are on offer for a number of employees considering the move. That said, the amount of positions will be reduced as the company aims to “streamline operations.” SoA doesn’t know how many employees will be affected by the move, but the final amount will be released come early summer.

In Japan, around 300 SEGA employees are being offered voluntary retirement as part of the company’s restructuring effort.

Following the restructuring, SEGA’s new plan will see the company focus on digital and PC.

Voluntary retirement will be solicited in the aforementioned businesses to be withdrawn or consolidated and downsized,” reads the press release, “while at the same time personnel will be repositioned in Digital Games and growth areas of Group mainly as development personnel, in order to establish a structure which can constantly generate profits. The purpose of these measures is to improve the business efficiency of the Group.”

According to SEGA’s projected results for the year ending March, 2015, the company still expects to turn a profit, albeit a much smaller profit compared to the same time last year.
    And the ship sinks further into the ocean...

And they have yet to realize they could probalby recoup their loses if they just released PSO2.

Heck they probably could have avoided this had they just released it as promised when they promised.

Once upon a time, you could go toe to toe with Nintendo, and now look at you, Sega. It hurts too much to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Once upon a time, you could go toe to toe with Nintendo, and now look at you, Sega. It hurts too much to watch.
    Agreed....

This is painful right here. It feels like taking care of an ailing family member who you know will NEVER get any better, and is getting worse every day, and I know that feeling all too well already, this is just... reminding me of what I deal with day in and day out already....god...

Welp this is a bad sign.... :/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDemon64 View Post
    And they have yet to realize they could probalby recoup their loses if they just released PSO2.

Heck they probably could have avoided this had they just released it as promised when they promised.
    Not really, SOA already seems low on money, it's not very likely that they could hire the staff and machine requried to run PSO2 on a international scale, most likely, they are looking for a distributer, like what happened with the SEA and Taiwan version.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Another useless/sensationalist topic, the best part being the pathetic answers. If releasing Pso2 outside of JP Regions was the solution to SEGA's issues, they wouldn't have waited for the pso-world.com moron's approval to do it.
    Releasing Pso2 here would cost a lot and many of us, playing on JP Servers, would NEVER start/pay again (which is understandable) for an outdated and worse version. The profitable players ALREADY are ingame... On JP Servers.
    In any case, this is just another pitiful attempt to say "SEGA's crap now" once more. Are we on a Pso2 Forum dedicated to help people or on a site wanting to crucify a company which make a great game we're playing everyday ?

I know that unless PSO2's releashed west side,what happens to SoA's none of our concern.

I'd say this is a huge step toward PSO2 being released in the Americas. If they're forgoing console releases for the most part, or entirely, and focus on PC and digital gaming, it sounds like they may finally see the need to release PSO2.

focus on digital and PC

Yes!We indeed need more PC games, even it's a console game ports as long it's nicely ported.