Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Can someone help me? I got a Linksys 4 port router and Verizon ADSL. I can connect to server and select the ship i wanna join. It starts loading then it disconnected. GAME OVER. Press Start. I used that BBA download thing and set it up using the 0.0.0.0 settings, i can browse the next with the disc but PSO wont werk, anybody?

Thanks,
    Alpha
    L11, HUcast

I'm exactly where you are. I have a 1 port router, and SWB DSL, but I have the same problems. Are you able to connect to empty blocks? I was at least able to do this. If a solution is not found soon, I'm giving up on online play. PSO is still a fun Diablo clone without online play.

I've heard of people getting DSL to work, do their ISP's use DHCP instead of PPPoE?

I dunno, the router says it DCHP but the ISP uses PPoE to connect to Verizon. I dont know what the heck is going on, i just need help on how to get it werkin, i had it today i could connect to the server, select a ship then its disconnected, CAN ANYONE HELP ME, anyhow, do i need a new router? new isp? different configuration? anything, i need help!! I tried all sorts of configs and i couldnt get it to work, if some1 could icq or aim and get it working me ill give them 15000 of my 16737 meseta. Thanks

i think its something simple, i think im using the wrong ip and dchp server crap , how do i figure all these out? i think im just stupid. gh, friday night all gone trying to get it working. =P i need help, PLEASE ANYONE IM DESPERATE.

I heard of someone using client rather than DCHP with this router, how can i do this? Im kinda new to networking. Thanks

eh, i keep thinking of stuff, maybe someone can send me a VMU file with BBA settings, YAY, i hope it werks. If anyone reading this has the vmu file, go on your dreamcast an please EMAIL it to Me! PLEASE - [email protected], THANK YOU.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't BBA settings are stored in the DC's internal memory?

the modem settings are, but if u use the BBA at the end it saves it to the VMU, and i need this file, thanks

Rappy Hunter

I have the EXACT same setup as you, BBA/VerizonDSL/Linksys router. The VMU file doesnt work. I get to the same point as you and get a lockup or a disconnect. I read a post on another forum where the guy had this setup and got some software to let his PC do NAT instead of the router. Apparently, the Linksys doesnt handle the port forwarding well enuf for PSO...im returning my BBA and using the free dialup included with my VerizonDSL account. DA%N Sega...maybe its better they're getting out of the hardware industry; we've been getting screwed since 32X! Hopefully PSO2 will be on PS2. I have confidence in Sony to do the broadband thing correctly, both in Japan AND the US

FREE DIAL Up? i never heard of any free dial up with my service, D-mnit i probably have had one they never chose to tell me, how do i find out?