Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I brought 3 arguments proving it is and added an argument about subpalette. "tbh" proves nothing.

Using the KB short-cuts wile playing with the gamepad is perfectly doable, even playing on a TV, I will provably not use attacks from the subpalete with the KB, I usually only use zondeel or zandion and I use the gamepad for them, but every other suport/situational tech or skill it's not a big deal to move your hand to the KB and press the key. I guess people with tons of fire techs on the subpalete can only do it right with KB + Mouse, I prefer to switch to a different weapon for different attack techs.

Weapon-switching by scrolling through the palette is horrible when you need to switch weapons quickly for whatever reason (either for cancelling, switching palette for different attacks, etc). Subpalette thing is an obvious one. Using lots of techs from weapons that aren't rod, talis or wand is painful if you have to use lots of different ones in a short time frame.

Mouse and Keyboard is much better for this game if both are vanilla, but optimally I think this game works best with gaming mice / keyboards or a pad setup to include a lot of buttons through toggles and what not. (I actually play with a foot pedal, as well). Whatever you choose at that point is up to preference, I play with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Weapon swapping isn't a big deal with pad tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwhisper View Post
    I brought 3 arguments proving it is and added an argument about subpalette. "tbh" proves nothing.
    Moving your thumb up & down 1-2 inches from its resting position on a controller, is not a big deal.
    Less effective than a Mouse's scroll wheel? Yes.
    Earth-shattering-dramatic event? No.

You can throw around all the facts about Keyboard+Mouse gaming you want. It does not change the comfort some players have with controllers.

I've never seen a reason for having five attack spells on a subpalate. Three on each Force weapon is more than enough. If you need more, just press up or down on the D-pad (which is no farther a distance from your thumb, than the 1-0 keys above your fingers are, on a Keyboard) to switch weapons. Works just fine for my Mage.

But if cramming as much shit as possible onto a single subpalate works for someone, then go ahead. How one player controls movement & combat (that works for them) doesn't mean everyone has to play that way, especially if it doesn't "feel right" to them.

Let people play/control how they want, because none of this really matters. We're all heading towards the same end-goal of showing off stupid rares & buying silly accessories for our imaginative waifu's to dance in the lobby for six hours until Magatsu, Tower Defense or whatever EQ show up.

Spoiler!

I really enjoy mouse and keyboard and also have a razer mouse with buttons on which you can set up key bindings and macros. Very Useful.

Whats an ares? :wacko: AlVaRo0515's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ikon View Post
    how do you like the xbox1 controller? better quality than the 360? did it come with a micro usb cord?
    tbh its a huge improvement from the xbox 360 controller. only thing that's annoying is that I cant use the xbox one mic on the pc, but its no big deal since I have a gaming headset for the PC/XB1 (Astro a40). I have the controller completely mapped out for dashing/ wep switch cancelling (D-Pad down for npad6/back button for wep swap/dpad up for LA/LA command), it is a very responsive controller and the triggers are awesome since it requires almost zero effort to press after stepping for long periods. for using the palette, I use the numbers on top of my KB, and the numpad for weapon switching. if you prefer to play pad, I would recommend the xbox one controller.

the only problem I presonally have with using pad is TPS'ing, since I tend to mess up due to my thumbs locking lol. when it comes to that, I just use the mouse for that.

EDIT: to answer your question, no, it does not come with a micro usb cable, you will have to buy that seperately. (GG Microsoft)
    Last edited by AlVaRo0515; Feb 17, 2015 at 10:44 AM.
    RIP Ship 2.
    Hoeski: 75/75/75/75/75/75/75/54
    HU/RA/FO/FI/GU/TE/BR/BO
    Spoiler!

back when i started i swore by keyboard and mouse, tried a gamepad one year later and never went back
    true story
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by red1228 View Post
    Moving your thumb up & down 1-2 inches from its resting position on a controller, is not a big deal.
    Which tumb are you talking about, the left one? Then you cannot run and weapon switch at the same time. Considering the strange 3-steps speed of our characters, it means you will fall behind every time you need to change your weapons.
    If you are talking about the right one then its worst: it is totally impractical because the right stick is on the way, and to validate your weapon switch you need to press A which happens to be very far away from the left cross. This is the longest weapon switch ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ikon View Post
    how do you like the xbox1 controller? better quality than the 360? did it come with a micro usb cord?
    It came with a lengthy, decent quality cable. It feels smaller than the 360. The bumpers feel awkward, and is hard to hold onto over long periods of time. I just deal with it, it's ok.
    PID - Di3S3L - 11723778
    Ship 2 - 0RK1D / SHiFT.Di3S3L
    Ship 8 - LOCK-ON

I used to play with a 360 controller. I tried the KB and Mouse but they feel terrible for this type of game. Seeing as I always played pso games on consoles this should come as no surprise.

I have a decent gaming KB and mouse too. Corsair KB40 raptor and a corsair M45 gaming mouse.

However I now use a xbone controller because the 360 wired ones used to die really quickly. Mostly the cable would die from being "bent" to much.

So far i'm loving my xbone controller. At first the bumpers left weird as hell but once you get used to them (took me a couple of days) they feel so much better than the 360 ones.

Also the quality of the controller feels much better and just has a much nicer look and feel to it. The Dpad is also a HUGE improvement over the 360 ones but that should go without saying =P