Default question about AC (ark cash )

hello i'm looking to try to get money for AC. I know that i'm going to need yen to get it. soo what I want to know is what's the best way for me to do this and also what dose us dollars translate in to yen? and how much AC would I get. for example say I want to get 5000 AC how much yen is that?

Actually, there are two ways to buy AC using USD:
    1. Buy Webmoney, then redeem it on the AC purchase site. Jim has a guide for this.
    2. Set up your Google Wallet, and buy AC via the Android game PSO2es.
    Webmoney has a significant mark-up, but PSO2es charges based on current exchange rate: 100AC=100JPY=~0.84USD.

should be close to 50 USD for a total cost but cost more to get webmoney cause you know delivery cost additions to it

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Actually, there are two ways to buy AC using USD:
    1. Buy Webmoney, then redeem it on the AC purchase site. Jim has a guide for this.
    2. Set up your Google Wallet, and buy AC via the Android game PSO2es.
    Webmoney has a significant mark-up, but PSO2es charges based on current exchange rate: 100AC=100JPY=~0.84USD.
    This isn't fully true anymore as there's now a VAT (Value-Added Tax) fee from google for ES transactions. So you end up paying 8.6% extra in yen now as of January 2015. This comes out to something like 1086 yen for 1000 AC. Still far far better than other companies though since its straight to yen past that.

It should be your number 1 option if you want to get AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    This isn't fully true anymore as there's now a VAT (Value-Added Tax) fee from google for ES transactions. So you end up paying 8.6% extra in yen now as of January 2015. This comes out to something like 1086 yen for 1000 AC. Still far far better than other companies though since its straight to yen past that.

Yeah, since USD is currently stronger than JPY, it still ends up being less than a 1:1 between the equivalent currency amount (Where 1USD and 100JPY are the base).
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 17, 2015 at 01:29 PM.

Is Paypal part from this extra Tax?

I used Paypal last time and it charged me a flat rate($0.84) from my credit card, I haven't used it since November

Can I see a source on this? From a quick Google search, the only VAT update I can find is exclusively for the EU, and there appears to be no change in sales tax for the US.