Thread: Mobile Support?

Default Mobile Support?

I browse the forum on mobile a lot and the forum theme is not very mobile friendly by default.

Is it possible to look into mobile support, either via Tapatalk API or a mobile theme?

Thanks!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I asked this months ago with no reply

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

well we got it kinda; but it would be nice if the forum actually detected if we were on a mobile device instead of having to switch out theme back and forth.

or at least we could use whatever theme we want from desktop and mobile always uses mobile (unless someone hits the "use desktop version" button that is in every good mobile browser)

only mobile support is the switching the themes to the mobile theme from what I can tell.

There is a forum option to automatically load the mobile theme if a mobile device is detected. We haven't enabled it yet because the mobile theme only supports a few areas of the site at the present time and we figured there maybe some people that like using other themes on their mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    There is a forum option to automatically load the mobile theme if a mobile device is detected. We haven't enabled it yet because the mobile theme only supports a few areas of the site at the present time and we figured there maybe some people that like using other themes on their mobile devices.
    The other themes aren't responsive though, so it's more of a hassle to swap.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    The other themes aren't responsive though, so it's more of a hassle to swap.
    I understand how it would be a hassle.

When we were testing out the mobile settings, our test group didn't like being automatically forced into the Mobile style based on their device.

If you're primarily viewing PSO-World on a mobile device and want to use the Mobile theme, here is one thing you can try:
    1. Go here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions
    2. Scroll to the bottom and set the Mobile Theme to be the default.
    3. Login from Cosmic and you'll automatically load the mobile style.

It isn't a perfect solution, but we're still evaluating what forum settings to use for the mobile features based on the feedback we receive.
    Last edited by Ryna; May 31, 2016 at 08:33 AM.

I wish at-least they add Tapatalk support

JP: Ship02 | B011 | Ayaldev1 / BlackLotus | Global Cortex | FoTe 75/55
    SEA: Ship01 | B010 | Ayaldev / BlackLotus | OSF | FoTe 70/70

Quote Originally Posted by ayaldev View Post
    I wish at-least they add Tapatalk support
    I know right?. I agree!