Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Help a newbie trying to be a good Force^^

Hello!

I'm quite new to PSO2, i started playing when the game got released on PS4. Currently i'm a female newman, FO/TE level 42/36. Seems like i can't post urls here since my post count is too low, i'll write them in plain text, sorry if it's a pain to read.

Force tree:
    Technique Up 1 Lvl 3
    Technique High Up Lvl Max
    Element Conversion Lvl Max
    Charge Escape Lvl Max
    Charge PP Revival Lvl Max
    Tech Charge Advance 1 Lvl Max
    Tech Charge Advance 2 Lvl 5
    Photon Flare Lvl 4
    Photon Flare After Burst Lvl Max
    Flame Mastery 1 Lvl Max
    Flame Tech S Charge Lvl 2

Techer Tree
    Technique Up 1 Lvl 3
    Technique Up 2 Lvl 3
    Long-time Assist Lvl Max
    Wand Gear Lvl Max
    PP Restorate Lvl Max
    Wand Lovers Lvl 1
    PP Convert Lvl 5
    Territory Burst, Super Treatment and Wide Support Lvl Max
    Territory PP Save Lvl 1
    Light Mastery 1 Lvl 2
    Dark Mastery 1 Lvl 2
    Element Weak Hit Lvl 4

I don't think my character is bad. But i've done many EQ's, and it seems i'm very slow to do good dps compared to other classes. By the time i've finished charging a tech, those fighters, bouncers, etc... have already wiped put many of the mobs. And i don't want to end being a pure support only using Resta, Shifta and Deband. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

1. Which weapons should i try to get? I plan to main fire, dark and light (okay, not original) and possibly rods since i don't like how Talis work.
    2. How does the crafted tech work? Do they overwrite the current tech you possess? In that case, if you then find a higher level of that techn you're forced to re-craft?
    3. Is it possible to find tech disks higher than level 10 in player shops? Most of the techs i own are level 10, but i've just seen the max level is 16...
    4. I invested 5 points in Photon Flare and Foton Flare After Burst. Was it a good idea? Not sure it does really help me in battle...
    5. My units are a full Hiei Set. Good choice or should i try getting something else?
    6. Is it worth spending meseta in player shops to get 50 foton spheres to buy Fomelgion or is it too soon for me?

I think that's all for now, thanks in advance for your answes and advices
    Last edited by akuma2002; May 18, 2016 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Can't post URL atm...

1) i'm not sure about this one on low lvls ( i've levelled force like 3-4 years ago) , but i think you just need more atk , potentials doesnt really matter until 11*+
    2)dont worry about that one , you can use high lv disks and it gets updated
    3)no , you have to find them yourself
    4)im not a fan of those skills either , could work on low lvls , because its static number , but when you have like 4000 atk it doesnt really matter
    5)its okay if you have matterboard one , just craft it to raise defences
    6)its not really needed on those levels , i would wait tbh. but if you can afford it, why not

btw , look at force thread for more info , especially crafted techs, you really need those

Don't bother with Wand skills. A FO/TE shouldn't be using Wands as it'll do pitiful damage.
    Also, get rid of Long-Time Assist and Wide Support, since those only take effect when your main class is TE. And don't bother with T-ATK Up 2 until the very end, since there are much better things to gain early on from skill points at the beginning. The first point alone in each element mastery skill is 5%, which is really useful (and prerequisite for Mastery 2 skills on the TE tree is only 2 points in Mastery 1). You should also focus on maxing Element Weak Hit and PP Convert early, as well.
    As for Photon Flare, I used to use it, but have since abandoned it. As for leveling, I think it's better to max out Tech Charge Advance and (in your case) the fire-related skills as soon as possible, so not investing in Photon Flare can let you max those sooner.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; May 18, 2016 at 06:01 AM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

I also forgot to ask:
    - Is there a tech or a specific moment when it's best to spam uncharged than waiting for full charge?
    - How does Il Barta exactly work? I've read you can pretty much kill any boss if you can chain it 7 times, but is it 7x charged?

Skill Sim Link of the OP's build for convenience. Just use Goo.gl or Bit.ly next time: http://goo.gl/uI94Jw

And I hate to break it to you but your character is indeed pretty bad at this point You fell into the classic newbie trap of going for ATK skills first when they give so little damage that they should be taken last. You also went for Photon Flare which a Fire Fo/Te has no SPs to spare for.

Right now, compared to an optimized Fire + Talis build, you'll hit for about 60-70% the damage while taking almost twice as long to charge Fire techs. If you're wondering why your character feels weak, that's why.

By endgame, you will not have enough SPs for all Fire Fo/Te essentials like full Flame Mastery + Flame S Charge, Talis Tech Bonus, Tech JA Advance, both Tech Charge Advance skills and 1pt Rare Mastery. You'll need to drop Rare Mastery and one of the 1% skills. Use a skill reset if you can.

IMO, Charge PP Revival -> Ele Conv -> Flame Mastery 1 -> Flame Mastery 2 -> Flame S Charge -> Talis Tech -> 1% per point skills -> Everything else for Fo tree.

Learn to throw a Talis, Zondeel and Gifoie for mobs. It's almost derp-proof considering the huge AoE on Territory Burst Zondeel.

For Fire, you don't really need to do uncharged, because you have Flame Tech S Charge.

Ilbarta you cast 7 times. The 7th cast has an 8x multiplier to the Tech's Power. Trouble is, 8x doesn't mean much if your Element Weak Hit is only 4%, you have no Ice masteries and you can't stack it with a Talis Throw Bonus

Also, can you screenshot your weapon?
    Last edited by Selphea; May 18, 2016 at 09:20 AM.

Another point to consider: some of the players you are encountering in EQs are probably experienced players that are leveling up a new class or leveling up an alt. They will often have their subclass at level 75, have endgame gear and have class stats bonuses for classes they have already maxed. I've seen players around your level with Austere weapons equipped, which is the best class of all weapons currently available at any level. As a truly new player, you will not be able to compete with them in EQs, so try not to worry about it too much.

Selphea > Well, i purchased new skill trees for both FO and TE, and removed Photon Flare. I invested those points into Flame Mastery 2 and Flame S charge. About Talis, the Talis Bonus is only applied if i use the normal throw then cast my tech right? So isn't that slower than casting immediately from a rod? Also isn't the Tech JA bonus available if you never use your rod to attack? Maybe i missed something during the tutorial, but it seems i can only JA if i first use a normal rod attack, then when the circle is red, i cast my tech.

I'm already using Zondeel -> Gifoie. Pretty much all the time. Need to get Fierce Zondeel Lvl 3 and Concentrated Gifoie lvl 3. But i'm low on money and dunno how to get PA fragment efficiently otherwise.

I also maxed Element weak hit, my 7th doing 25K damage to the boss from the volcano area, not sure it's great but better than before. Here is a link to my current weapon. I know it's not good, not even fire or dark, but couldn't find any better... imgur.com/6FN153Z Don't look at my weapon palettes, i changed them since then.

Loveless62 > You're right, one of my friends was level 63/62, guess i can't compete but i expected to kill more mobs though

sorry to say that, but your weapon is horrible
    for example , you can buy any cheap weapon with 90-100+ atk affixes and craft it , grind it to +10 too, until you find something better
    also , you can JA tech into tech

By atk affixes, you mean the effects some weapons have, and that you can check in the 3rd tab of the weapon description?

Ah, didn't know i could JA a tech into another tech. Should try mastering that

It's not the affix part that is important, though generally the better affixes (read: more atk) the better.

The most important part is to have a weapon grinded to +10. Also if it's below 10*, it's rubbish unless crafted. Almost all 10*s and many 11*s are rubbish as well but that depends on individual potentials.

The best pre-10* to craft is actually a red rod, due to its pot (the one that requires photon boosters). Also you want 50 element due to elemental conversion. That's what element grinding is for.