Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Why are your weapon descriptions google translated engrish copy pasted from swiki...?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

@Hysteria
    I know there are more missions after. I might add those later.
    I finished translating the first three shops.

@Man
    It says why: because I'm lazy and tired. I want to actually do something else today.
    Better to have something there than nothing. I figure not everybody will bother using swiki and Google Translate anyway.
    I'll fix the translations later.

The sword description was alright, but then I hit the others and was rather saddened.

Anyway, killing each of the slinky dragons in mission 5's final room unlocks a barrier in the north west to capsules that increase VR time.

A not so fancy method I use to make everyone's live slightly easier is to actually have barta, piss off burn drall, and possibly freeze his legs once in a while, and draw him to the area behind the entry point. Everyone else is free to kill stuff north. Needless to say, be good at not getting hit by fire, or else he'll go bowling on your MPA with his fireballs (which if you fought enough vol dragons, you'd know it's less of a fireball, and is actually a series of rafoies in a line. Don't risk trying to use frontal guard frames against that ever).

Only real danger are people not paying attention to where he's going if he chooses not to burrow, and surface near me. I tend to drag him along the right side. The cover feels sufficient.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Mar 14, 2015 at 02:46 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

good work, really appreciate it
    but please, edit "pick up everything" part. i have seen some ship2 players doing that in interval area
    tbh, i dont understand such hype about Grand Cross

Okay, will adjust those parts afterwards.

Button placement in forest 4 may be random. Can anyone confirm this?

For Mission 3, there is a way to easily kill Cougar without getting hit. I would link the image from MMOLoda, but my post count is still low. Basically, there is a pillar in front of a large VR Capsule. From the entrance's P.O.V., the right of the pillar is a small gap that players can go through, but Cougar cannot.

It seems the Cougar's model is to big to fit through the space so he ends up running into an invisible wall as long as someone with his aggro or everybody is behind it. People with ranged weapons can easily take him down. Though they might still be at risk from the cyclones.

There may be a possibility that he could use his machine guns or his grenade to damage you. But I have yet to see it happen.
    Last edited by Renderless; Mar 14, 2015 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks. I did hear something about such a Cougar tip.

I broke my current record, so I'll correct a few things in the guide afterwards.

Edit: I've pulled Cougar there a few times by chance, and he always 360s around and comes after me. I'm always melee though.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 14, 2015 at 04:18 AM.

cougar spot
    Spoiler!

better to be on the reverse side so there is no cyclone

Mission 6: Tagami is worth it, because besides the large EXP he also drops the Blitz set, which only requires 2 units for the set effect.

Mission 7: For efficiency you really have to split up here. Pressing all switches unlock the code destruction and I think here you will get Diabo to distract.

Mission 8: I dunno anymore, but I remember quite a few people die and we had to kill 99 Goldrada's at one point. Spamming Rafoie here seemed quite effective.

So far I've always run Wand and it's pretty effective. I deactivate wand lovers whenever there is a trap part, code avoid or when Cougar spawns. Both it's melee and techs are powerful. But hey, I am melee techer fanboy

I prefer rifle now as having access to homing emission early really make it a good bossing weapon

Launcher with cluster bullet helps alot in mission 5 6 7 too, not so much for 3 and 4 as PA disc for launcher only drops from 4 onward, and most mobs in 4 are not friendly to cluster bullet imo (wonda, cyclop, mantis, rockbear, wolga, banther), they are spreaded out too.

Launcher from 2nd interval shop has much higher attack than the one from 1st interval too btw . -.