Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Updated the main post's Mission 5 strategy.
    Updated the darkness buttons to state that their placement is random.
    Cleaned up the translations for weapons up to Twin Daggers.

Having played until today almost exclusivelly as a FO class I find myself sticking to wand and techs, and the truth is that wand gear and lovers have let me experience new gameplay to me, would it be risky to try other configurations and enjoy more weapons or I'd better stick to what I know best? I feel like I will screw big time in just guarding and stepping (I better try experiments in the beginners block lol)

I fixed a mistake with Burn Drall spawning with the rest.
    Seems there is a little room for some mistakes. Of course, it'd be better to have zero mistakes.

@landman
    Wand melee hits very hard and can be useful if many enemies are close to each other.
    However, you need to keep moving with Step Dash. You may want to use lock-on to pivot around enemies.
    I guess it should be okay to experiment a little early on.

You may want to check out the Wand guides in this guide section.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 14, 2015 at 06:19 AM.

I'd change the part where it says to grab the attention of Vol Dragon to only rifle and (maybe) TMG users
    Bow and rifle users should also stick to vinculum set instead of high def
    Melee users should go for defense (except for maybe wand users)
    Last edited by Sora3100; Mar 14, 2015 at 08:02 AM.

Yeah, except I keep seeing ranged players dying so I'm not so sure about saying that.
    I did write that if you're confident you're not going to get hit you should go ahead and go all attack.

-A switch can appear behind the second large rock in the A5 dark switch part. I'm not sure all of them are random, because there are always three on the back wall from my experience. These three switches in particular are also surrounded by traps, so watch out if you melee.
    -The tranzexia in A3 should not be left alone in my opinion, because that gives it time to transition to his tank form, which is both way more dangerous and harder to kill. Melee players especially, who have nothing to do at this point should immediatly go for it, and it should take priority over killing the Gwanada nero, which is a minor threat in comparison - although a few players should keep it occupied as well.
    -You forgot to mention the control tower during the fang fight.

That's all I can think of. Great work.

Enforcer of Evil™

So, to help clean up knuckles...
    As the translated mess says, knucks have very high single target DPS. The main drawback is the lack of range, so consider packing a weapon with better reach just in case.
    The best point to get them is at the 2nd interval shop, because unless you were lucky, chances are that so far, you only dropped some basic knucks in A4 without any PA (altho I've seen people drop ducking blow).
    The shop knuckle is also pretty strong, coming right out of the gate with 282 s-atk. Level 1 ducking blow in the shop sits at 639% power, if you take the gear (also available at the 2nd shop), it can make some very high burst.
    The shop knuckle is, also, lightning element, so you can take advantage of element weak hit too.
    The translated article mentions that in A5, it's preferable to go right if you pick knuckles, and I second that motion. Tranmizer is a lot easier to hit than all the bad stuff on left side with knuckles. And once his weakpoint is down, you can burst the heck out of it with your 20PP ducking blow and spank that weak point for easy 1200~1400 damage a hit. You can also show those barbalilipas who's boss (2 are actually accessible to melee here) and break Cougar's kneecaps. That punk.
    You may also drop slide upper in A5 (I've seen it drop, sadly never when I was using knuckles), its power is lower than ducking blow, but it comes out faster and knocks up mobs, which can be useful.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Yeah, except I keep seeing ranged players dying so I'm not so sure about saying that.
    I did write that if you're confident you're not going to get hit you should go ahead and go all attack.
    That's up to how good the player is, I never generally die and I main rifle

Edit: Added Recycle Shops 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    *snip*
    Thanks. Will see about cleaning up that section later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    *snip*
    Good points, thanks.
    Oh yeah, I always focus on Banther and the control tower is always dead before I can get to it, so I forgot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora3100 View Post
    That's up to how good the player is, I never generally die and I main rifle
    Well, the guide is mainly for starting people.
    At this point anyone who is good is already up to mission 7+

I generally DB/Wand and I very rarely die.
    I've been buying Challenge Dolls in the rare case that I do.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Added this guide to the sidebar. Good stuff as always, Taiga!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 14, 2015 at 08:26 PM.

Made some corrections here and there.
    Translated a few more weapons.
    Added rare weapon information from the JP swiki.

Edit: Translated a few more weapons. Added instructions on how to use Homing Emission, and basic information regarding ranged weapon distance penalty.

Edit2: Only Rod, Wand and Jets Boots haven't been translated. Some translations may be odd because I did a rush job and just tried to get the general meaning across.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 15, 2015 at 02:28 AM.