Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I've sort of fallen into that boat as well. I don't really care about keeping up with the obnoxious arms race SEGA has turned PSO2 into (for the most part), and I also don't really have anyone to play with anymore.

We're not so different, you and I.
    You know mate, you're always welcome to my games, in fact I'm mostly playing by myself or very rarely with random people on my friendlist, usually it's thehondachef, but mostly by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    T-this commercial...

????????PSO2 ??????? - YouTube
    I don't get it, what's wrong with it? Japan has far worse stuff if people are going "OMG sexism!!!111" and insta-dislike.

Got to hate what feminizm has done to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    T-this commercial...

????????PSO2 ??????? - YouTube

... anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SE-GAAAA
    Raised the maximum height a player is allowed to reach for the following areas:

Forest Field
    Vol. Caverns Field
    Desert Field
    Quarry Field
    IS THAT SO. Sounds like a job for... well, me, I'm pretty sure no one else cares about that
    Spoiler!
    Not showing off caves because it's nothing special.
    You cannot climb on anything as usual. I kind of miss vanilla PSO2 in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    I don't get it, what's wrong with it? Japan has far worse stuff if people are going "OMG sexism!!!111" and insta-dislike.

Got to hate what feminizm has done to society.
    Feminisim and sexism have nothing to do with it honestly...

Look at it this way...Phantasy Star and PSO is supposed to have a legacy kind of rivaling the likes of early RPGs like Final Fantasy. But it differentiated itself from the typical fantasy genre and made it's own lane by being sci-fi themed. I believe it was also one of the first somewhat successful ones over here in the US so seeing that it's pretty much become nothing but Bewbs, dress-up, and naked women is pretty depressing when the game has alot more to offer.

That's the way I feel at least. But hey, sex sells *shrugs*
    And like Masaki Ki said, they know the demographic that plays this game.
    Last edited by Chimeria; Apr 24, 2015 at 09:33 AM.

Breast slider ain't nothing new or special in games nowadays. Post a commercial like that with a butt slider and maybe it'll be more appealing.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    Feminisim and sexism have nothing to do with it honestly...

Look at it this way...Phantasy Star and PSO is supposed to have a legacy kind of rivaling the likes of early RPGs like Final Fantasy. But it differentiated itself from the typical fantasy genre and made it's own lane by being sci-fi themed. I believe it was also one of the first somewhat successful ones over here in the US so seeing that it's pretty much become nothing but Bewbs, dress-up, and naked women is pretty depressing when the game has alot more to offer.

That's the way I feel at least. But hey, sex sells *shrugs*
    And like Masaki Ki said, they know the demographic that plays this game.
    I think you missed the point. What PSO2 is doing is nothing new, the "sexualised" content to me is nothing but cute. I get no arousal from it or anything like that. But I also don't think naked women is a depressing thing, that's never a depressing thing. Does it derail from its original purpose, no doubt, but I think everyone already knows that since the game's inception.

You can just avoid those costumes and accessories if you don't like it.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I think you missed the point. What PSO2 is doing is nothing new, the "sexualised" content to me is nothing but cute. I get no arousal from it or anything like that. But I also don't think naked women is a depressing thing, that's never a depressing thing. Does it derail from its original purpose, no doubt, but I think everyone already knows that since the game's inception.

Can't be helped if the general public run around "naked" Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    I could buy it. I would like it. I just object to the principle of paying 30m+ for a lobby action. I'll wait for the revival.
    I just get AC and pray to RNGesus

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Can't be helped if the general public run around "naked" Ed
    I don't see how that can even affect someone. Why would you care about how someone dresses? It's beyond me.

I didn't miss anything...I was just stating my opinion on how I see the direction of the game going. You're right about the sexualized content in games, especially MMORPGs...But I'm talking about the commercial that was just posted. Sure, there are other trailers/commercials that show what the game has to offer, but there is always an emphasis on the scantily-clad women and dressing up (as shown in that commercial that was posted) that Sega seems to push as a main selling point for the game. As when it was first released, they made a HUGE deal out of a boob slider. :-/

And I do avoid the costumes and accessories because I use a male character.
    But you're right, naked women are never a bad thing. I just hate how it seems to be the game's focus. I wish they'd but that much emphasis on other things ya know?
    I like PSO2 and just want it to be taken seriously. I've been noticing it's pretty much got a reputation of just being a "Waifu Sim" along with other not so flattering descriptions.
    Last edited by Chimeria; Apr 24, 2015 at 10:43 AM.

Could also just say
    the video is dumb as hell regardless of "sexy" or not.

PLAY THIS GAME AND LOOK CUTE?
    Are you even playing!
    Spoiler!

CutScene breaker

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."