Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ruins Hard Mode with FOnewearl?

I'm playing a FOnewearl and trying to beat Boss but I can't survie his attacks, I know I need light resist units and hp units to survie his attacks but i just can't beat him.

Any tips? or should I just grind until I have enough hp to survie his attacks?

I had the exact same problem with my FOnewearl the first time I reached Dark Falz on Hard. His third form always KOd me. What I did to beat him was equip enough Dragon/HPs (+40 HP each) to at least survive the slash attack as that always does the same amount of damage each time. I used God/Minds in the remaining slots for damage. For his Grants attack I just stocked up on as many Scape Dolls as I could carry and let him kill me each time. My Light resistance was pretty bad anyway so equipping Light/Resist units over the Dragon/HPs was pointless as my HP would be low enough to where he'd kill me regardless of my resistance. Probably not the best way to do it but it worked for me on my FOnewearl (and the FOnewm who ended up replacing said FOnewearl). I'm not sure what level your FOnewearl is but I was rushing to Ultimate as soon as I could with mine so she was a fairly low level when I did reach Falz, hence why I died so much.

Depending on your level you might be able to take the Grants attack if you equip 4 Dragon/HPs which are easy to come by on certain IDs. I wouldn't bother with Light/Resist units for the reason I stated above.

Thanks. My char is lvl 38 and has a base hp of 192 and I can equip all my general HP unit, makeing my hp 272 hp and his slash deals 250hp makeing me to survive.
    Now should I just stack up on scapedolls? I think I have around 5-7 of them. Sould I try to take him done with that many scape dolls?

Edit: Also it seams the only way to get dragon hp is buy taking down nar lily and i don't really feel like pipe farming does can you find them in hard any way?
    Last edited by Fellez; Apr 5, 2015 at 05:06 PM.

You could try if you want. I can't remember how many I used but it wasn't a lot. I was a lower level when I beat him so you shouldn't have much trouble.

What ID is your FOnewearl? Might be worth trying for some Dragon/HPs if she can find them easily. They helped me a lot on the harder difficulties. You might not need Scape Dolls at all at your level if you have a couple of them (not sure how much damage his Grants does).

My ID is Pinkal, But i have a 52 RAmarl Purplenum so I could try to farm some units it is worth it doe? do they bring any help later on in the game?

The Dragon/HPs saved me against Falz in Very Hard as well. By that point I had decent enough Light resistant gear to be able to take the Grants with 4 Dragon/HPs (plus the HP Materials I found along the way). Mind you I only used the units against Falz (I replaced them with God/Minds for everything else) so if you don't want to waste time farming them you don't have to. You can just take more Scape Dolls instead. I had 4 Dragon/HPs sitting in my RAcaseal's bank when I reached Falz so I didn't need to look for any.

Do they just drop randomly or is it only by the spefisic enemy mention in the drop chart?

Purplenum can get them as a 7/8 drop chance from a Nar Lily in Normal Caves. That's probably where mine came from. I think you can find them randomly in boxes and from other enemies on higher difficulties as well.

Thanks again I think I will try the scapedoll tactic, just can't bring myself to pipe NarLilys on normal, I think I can find the units on higher a difficult. Thanks again

No problem It's always nice to see other people playing PSO1. Still one of my favourite games and I play whenever I have free time to do so.