SHORYUKEN! Wait... Huh? x Incubus Leo x's Avatar

Talking Want PSU Back Officially?

https://www.change.org/p/sega-bring-...-star-universe
    Trying to get the servers back up or a remake for the new gen consoles. Who's in?

The day before yesterday I seen a rabbit, yesterday it was a deer, today its you.

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but considering the recent restructuring of SEGA, I highly doubt that even with enough signatures they would consider devoting resources to something like this. From a business standpoint, it doesn't seem financially sound or viable to revive a game that was losing money by the time it was shut down.

c. Enhancing efficiency in overseas businesses
    Local organizations managing packaged game software in Western markets will be streamlined. In the U.S., Sega of America, Inc. based in San Francisco will be relocated to Southern California by this summer and its existing office in San Francisco will be closed thereafter, which results in reducing fixed expenses, mainly in corporate functions. In addition, the Sonic and merchandising businesses will be reinforced to establish a structure which can generate stable profits.
    Source: Notice of Implementation of Structure Reform in SEGA Corporation
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 30, 2015 at 06:30 PM.

As much as I loved PSU and miss it what we really need is a new Phantasy Star game for the consoles. Bring the game back to where it was born, since it doesn't look like we will ever get a Western release of PSO2.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Quote Originally Posted by x Incubus Leo x View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/sega-bring-...-star-universe
    Trying to get the servers back up or a remake for the new gen consoles. Who's in?
    There's another thread that talks about PSU. I recommend checking it out.
    I dont' think its a good idea to depend on SEGA to revive PSU. =/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Reviving a game that was truly even 'succeeded' is an incredibly bad idea. Like Freeze said, it would be more sound to just develop a brand-new console game.

But they probably won't ever do that, either.

What I would love to see is - rather than re-hosting the official servers - Sega & Sonic Team release the server software itself - for both Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe - to the public as freeware with instructions on how to set it up for each compatible format.

I don't ever see it happening though.

Hey it's another petition! Maybe you should've looked at the other petitions and see where it got PSU. lol