Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I still have about 30k in student loan debt, and I graduated in 2010. But my credit is awesome because I got an "income based repayment plan" through studentloans.gov. Basically I have a shitty job and barely make any money, so they literally let me pay $11/month on my student loans. My plan is to just keep sending that $11 every month until the loan is eventually forgiven after fifty years. Or maybe I'll come into some money someday.

Or maybe I'll get a high paying job in my field of study LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    I'm curious on this bit. Do you have a cite for it? One reason they may send children to US colleges is extend their knowledge of English.

If non of this made any sense, I blame it on being after 2AM. Feel free to ask for clarifications, will get to those tomorrow.
    Don't remember cite, but did a report on it a few years back. All I remember wast that Chinese education system is dam more strict than U.S. education.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfCoffee View Post
    My plan is to just keep sending that $11 every month until the loan is eventually forgiven after fifty years. Or maybe I'll come into some money someday.

Or maybe I'll get a high paying job in my field of study LOL
    Dude.

I can so live with this. I would so go to school like every nosey old person not from my family nags me to, "just because." if I could get away with that.

I can definitely meet the shit income part.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I joined the military prior to entering college, so that paid the tuition.

I recommend you getting an internship doing something you always want to do now. Once you become "good enough", you can work anywhere. Volunteer all of the time instead of wasting your life away. Do things that make you happy on your free time. Exercise, drink plenty of water, and eat greens.

You won't regret it

Quote Originally Posted by BogusKun View Post
    I joined the military prior to entering college, so that paid the tuition.

I recommend you getting an internship doing something you always want to do now. Once you become "good enough", you can work anywhere. Volunteer all of the time instead of wasting your life away. Do things that make you happy on your free time. Exercise, drink plenty of water, and eat greens.

You won't regret it
    AKA playing video games LOL

guess I should quit PSO2 once and for all.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    Is automatic? do they take right from your paycheck the moment your recieve it or...?
    Just like everything else, unless you screw up badly, the only stuff taken from your paycheck is generally your income taxes. You have to either sent Sallie Mae/Navient/other student loan lendor a check or log into a website and pay using that each month.

Honestly, at this point, for me, taxes aren't that big of an issue compared to the student loans and rent costs.

My campus is really small, 3 buildings only, right next to caltech. To give a general idea of size, I would say it's half the size of Caltech.

They don't have any rec/sports teams. The only thing we have is 2 basketball hoops in the parking lot LOL.
    Ah, lucky. Mine had ~5,000 students, and expansion dreams (in a location where expansion wasn't very possible).

I think I remember paying interest on student loans during the course of college. I'd suggest that, as it'd do a little to slightly lower the total loan debt once you finish college.

Real internships will help you land a job when you graduate. Some are paid, some are unpaid (I believe a few years back they added a few laws about unpaid internships, so check those out before doing one).
    Last edited by Ketchup345; May 4, 2015 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    Just like everything else, unless you screw up badly, the only stuff taken from your paycheck is generally your income taxes. You have to either sent Sallie Mae/Navient/other student loan lendor a check or log into a website and pay using that each month.

Honestly, at this point, for me, taxes aren't that big of an issue compared to the student loans and rent costs.

Ah, lucky. Mine had ~5,000 students, and expansion dreams (in a location where expansion wasn't very possible).

I think I remember paying interest on student loans during the course of college. I'd suggest that, as it'd do a little to slightly lower the total loan debt once you finish college.

Real internships will help you land a job when you graduate. Some are paid, some are unpaid (I believe a few years back they added a few laws about unpaid internships, so check those out before doing one).
    sorta late but ty for the advice. How much are interns typically paid?

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Depends on where you intern. Mine was unpaid. If paid at all, most I would assume might be around minimum wage for the area (some states have state minimum wages, some use the national minimum wage). Others I have heard are better than my actual job (I think these were the Google tier internships, so very very unlikely).
    Last edited by Ketchup345; May 10, 2015 at 10:20 PM.

Interns aren't paid in most cases.......you're there for the experience, not the job hence the term intern and not employee.

Like most have said jump on every opportunity that you have, do internships, volunteer to assist professors with research or projects, and make sure you take the opportunity to work on group projects that get entered into coventions and contests for your school. Also, with internships make sure you find out what your duties will be because if they are going to use you for menial clerical work it is not only a waste of your time, but is also illegal.