Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Although the main objective is to paint the floor, the hotspot areas and the occasional duels do exist, in fact, in three minutes of duration on each arena there can be tons of deaths (special weapons mainly affect players, most if not all don't paint), the last 30 seconds can turn the odds to the other team if they clean enough players and the rollers paint enough area.

3D Modeler, Red Box Lover zwandude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Although the main objective is to paint the floor, the hotspot areas and the occasional duels do exist, in fact, in three minutes of duration on each arena there can be tons of deaths (special weapons mainly affect players, most if not all don't paint), the last 30 seconds can turn the odds to the other team if they clean enough players and the rollers paint enough area.
    Right on the money. Although the special weapons not spreading ink (mostly) was just for the sake of the demo. I really wanna use that tornado-ink-rocket blaster thingy. ^_^
    -Offline Heaven Punisher Hunt-
    (93) Hildetorrs; no success.

-Offline Lavis Hunt
    (28 ) Slimes; no success.

Quote Originally Posted by zwandude15 View Post
    A lot of folks agreed the splat roller felt a little OP. Personally, I stuck with the Splattershot Jr. and was on the top in points of almost all of my games (avg. 1k-1200 pts). But I agree the charger will take some getting used to. The splatterscope (as a charger) on the other hand...

And to BIG OLAF, if you have the chance to play it before you buy it, do. I was kinda unsure about buying after last year's E3 when they said it'd only be a 2 person local (I'm big on it) but it turned out to be crazy fun. Fun enough to buy it regardless. The Nintendo Direct also shows some promise for its future.
    The only thing that is disappointing to me is the AI. Or the lack thereof.

In games, if someone d/c's or rage quits, I'm wondering what happens. My problem so far with the game is that there should be some type of mode where you 'can' play cooperatively against bots or practice. You would get less XP than a match with human players, but it would still be good enough that you can make the choice of which type of option you want to go with.

The main reason I think that option doesn't exist is because Nintendo is likely playing the wait-and-see game to see how many copies are sold. Player activity is very important in a game like this, so the events seem pretty nice too. As it is made by the creators of Animal Crossing, iirc, I'm hoping the game has an in-game clock and seasonal events, too.

Gotta admit. I'm quite excited for this game. It reminds me of the days when I played Gotcha Force back on the GC in that it's just a lot of fun to watch as much as it is to play.

3D Modeler, Red Box Lover zwandude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    The only thing that is disappointing to me is the AI. Or the lack thereof.

In games, if someone d/c's or rage quits, I'm wondering what happens. My problem so far with the game is that there should be some type of mode where you 'can' play cooperatively against bots or practice. You would get less XP than a match with human players, but it would still be good enough that you can make the choice of which type of option you want to go with.
    It does look like the campaign mode will have those humanoid octopus AI. It would be nice if someone d/c's or RQs and is replaced by an AI. When people were having connection problems in the test fire they were just dropped and it was pretty easy for the other team to sweep.

Gotta admit. I'm quite excited for this game. It reminds me of the days when I played Gotcha Force back on the GC in that it's just a lot of fun to watch as much as it is to play.
    Just checked out that game out of curiosity and I have to say the voiceover work for the main robot/narrator was hilarious. Haha. But it does have a similar appeal in terms of gameplay.

If anyone is curious, it looks like they've announced that there will be another test fire on the 23rd 3pm PT/6pm ET (next Saturday).
    -Offline Heaven Punisher Hunt-
    (93) Hildetorrs; no success.

-Offline Lavis Hunt
    (28 ) Slimes; no success.