Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Exclamation How to Dark Falz Elder+Loser (XH Loser = Arm -> Shoulder -> WAIT -> Arm -> Shoulder)

Elder isn't too difficult, most people seem to know how to beat him.
    However, most people don't seem to know how to beat Loser (Luther).
    This guide seeks mostly to fix that issue. Feel free to link it to newbies.

First and Foremost:
    On Extra Hard, you must first break both of Loser's forearms > shoulders.
    This is the only way to permanently reveal the center weak point (the clock).

If you attack the wrong parts, his life will drop below threshold.
    This means he will change phases and teleport repeatedly.
    This wastes HUGE amounts of time, and is guaranteed to inconvenience other people.
    You CANNOT BREAK the shoulders during other phases. ONLY GREEN/GOLD PHASE.
    You can still break the forearms in other phases, but this WILL NOT STUN HIM.

Also, on Extra Hard, DO NOT use Mirage until both shoulders are broken.
    Be warned that Mags shooting Zan can apply Mirage.

The correct (ie. most efficient) strategy is forearm -> shoulder, DO NOTHING, forearm -> shoulder, and then Mirage -> clock.

(Image taken from the Japanese swiki.)

Important note about loot:
    Breakable parts have their own unique drops (ie. units).
    Breaking parts (eg. arms, beak, etc) DOES NOT increase the chance of getting main body drops.
    JP wiki and JP magazines confirmed this long, long ago.
    Anyone who says otherwise does not know what they are talking about.

Why do people want to kill the bosses quickly?
    - They already have boost tickets running.
    - They have multiple accounts and want multiple runs.
    - They play on multiple ships and want to do the EQ on other ships.
    - They are busy people with other things to do.

So... be a little considerate and beat the EQ quickly for everyone's sakes.

Dark Falz Elder

Steps to victory:
    1. Stay close to his main body, don't loiter around at the other end of the map.
    2. Break arms, starting from left to right.
    3. When he comes back, focus damage on Weak Bulleted weak point (preferably arms).
    4. When he does the forehead laser, stand right in front of him to avoid it.
    5. Don't die.

On Extra Hard, it's recommended to break the arms regardless of multiparty class makeup.
    The reason for this is the arms take more damage than the core (thanks, LonelyGaruga).

Will write more info later.

Dark Falz Loser (Luther)

Note that during the usual Dark Falz Loser EQ, Apos Dorios must be defeated 4 times on any difficulty to max out drops for Loser himself.

Steps to victory (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Super Hard)
    1. Use Mirage on clock to open it.
    2. Destroy clock cover by attacking the black/red clock core.
    3. Focus on the clock until victory.
    * When time stops, dodge to avoid or wiggle to break out of it.
    * During time stop, break dagger(s) closest to players.

Steps to victory (Extra Hard only):

IMPORTANT: You want to at least break both arms and shoulders before the first red phase.
    Too much damage on the wrong points in the first green phase will make the run take much longer.

- Attacking the shoulder when the wound is not visible (ie. during regeneration) will not destroy the shoulder.
    - You cannot cause Loser to open the shoulder wound unless he is green/gold phase.

1. Destroy left forearm. DO NOT use Mirage.
    2. Destroy left shoulder. DO NOT use Mirage.
    3. At this point, DO NOT ATTACK. Wait for Loser to rise up. <- doing this makes Loser take several minutes longer, so DO NOT DO IT.
    4. Destroy right forearm. DO NOT use Mirage.
    5. Destroy right shoulder. DO NOT use Mirage.
    6. DO NOT attack chin core.
    7. Use Mirage until clock opens.
    8. When the clock opens, attack it to destroy the cover.
    9. Focus attacking clock.
    10. When time stops, dodge to avoid, or wiggle to break out of it.
    11. During time stop, break the 1-2 daggers closest to the multiparty.
    12. Focus on the chin core or clock core.

* Mirage can interrupt phases, as long as the clock cover is intact.
    * Breaking the beak can interrupt any phase and stun him, but only works once.
    * When he returns from time stop, he will leave himself vulnerable for a few seconds. Save your cooldowns for these moments.
    * Breaking the stained glass-ish sections should render the chin core permanently vulnerable.

Ways to use Mirage:
    1. Use a weapon with Mirage affixed (twin machine gun or rifle seem to work well).
    2. Use a Wind Tech with a high rate of triggering Mirage. Bouncers, don't forget you can use techs too.
    3. Get Mirage shot as Ranger (not recommended, as it's a waste of skill points).
    4. Use Jet Boots element explosion (requires skill points), but does not seem to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Applying Mirage on Loser will interrupt a time phase, so it's preferable for tech users to try to continue attacking Loser as he teleports during his first sped up phase. Usually from what I've seen, Loser will enter the sped up time phase almost immediately after the second arm break, so no real timing is needed, just need to land hits between teleports. A good MPA will break Loser in one Mirage, then the rest goes as normal.

About Wind Techs:
    Most Wind Techs have a Mirage value of 20 to 22.
    The higher the skill rank, the higher chance of triggering Mirage.
    There are also customizations that increase/decrease the Mirage chance.
    It's a good idea to use a Tech that does not cost much PP. Ra Zan and Sa Zan are the most effective.
    Zanverse is also a good choice to use in general because Loser is weak to Wind and it also applies Mirage (thanks Kondibon).
    Zanverse works by dealing additional Wind damage based on all damage dealt by everyone within its range.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Just something to note about Mirage. Wind techs that hit multiple times do not apply the stated Mirage chance on a per hit basis. It's like power notation but worse, the actual % application rates aren't really known. That being said Razan and Sazan (mainly Sazan) are the best ways to apply Mirage to Loser. That goes for other weapon options, too.

Loser Behavior Patterns:
    In general, he will say the same things when using specific attacks.
    Try to remember and recognize what he says.
    I might add his speech to this guide later.

Green/gold backdrop:
    He will always start with an overhead smash.
    On Extra Hard, he will then sweep horizontally and use a single Dark Grants.
    During this phase, he will swing his arm, shoot red homing balls from his face beak, and cast red Dark Grants on all players.

- Limit Break and Bow users should wait for Loser to regenerate his armor before blowing cooldowns, as it's very easy to get killed beforehand.

Spread out so that the homing balls and Dark Grants don't hit other players.
    Dark Grants can be avoided by simply moving around.
    The homing balls tend to track players very accurately and are difficult to avoid.

- Guarding and Twin Dagger Shift Action can be used to nullify the homing balls, and protect other players.

Forearm destroyed -> Shoulder destroyed:
    When a forearm breaks, Loser will stop moving, to regenerate its armor.
    During this, you can climb on top of the forearm and attack his shoulder.
    A wound will be visible on the shoulder. Destroy it to stun him.
    When stunned, Loser will sink below the floor, and his chin core will become attackable for 6 seconds.

- On Extra Hard, it is best to ignore the chin core. If you have an organized group, you can weaken the beak, but DO NOT destroy it.
    - Breaking the beak is used for stunning Loser when he is in a lengthy, difficult-to-attack phase.
    - When attacking the shoulder wound, Volg Raptor and Banish Arrow can be applied on the opposite arm, to break it faster.

Core Clock Miraged:
    The core clock normally has very high defense, so ignore it when it's closed.
    Volg Raptor and Banish Arrow may be capable of breaking a closed clock, but are too difficult to set up admist Loser's attacks

- The core clock can be Miraged up to 3 times (thanks Poyonche for looking it up).
    - On each Mirage, it'll become more and more difficult to Mirage him again. For this reason, it's best to destroy the clock cover on first attempt.
    - Try to save max damage cooldowns (eg. Weak Bullet, Limit Break) for when the clock is open.

When miraged, the core clock will open, revealing a black and red core.
    Loser will be stunned for about 10 seconds, and then close the core clock again.
    If enough damage is dealt, the clock cover will shatter, and stay permanently open.
    A good group should be able to do this within a single attempt.

- Note that he will no longer be affected by Mirage, meaning that his phases cannot be interrupted by Mirrage.
    - On Extra Hard, even if you destroy the clock cover, his weak core will be shielded until the shoulders are destroyed.

Red backdrop:
    At around ~80% health, Loser will teleport and the backdrop will turn red.
    During this phase, he will attack (faster than normal), teleport, and then repeat.
    His red phase attacks include:
    - Teleports into the sky and spams Dark Grants, usually on the highest threat players. He will then do a final strike, and on XH this creates red pillars of energy.
    - From side of map, slams arm blades vertically downwards.
    - From center, does a 360 degree swipe. When he is below 50%, these will create red cyclones all over the map.
    - From side of map, an X horizontal slash. On XH, he will teleport after the initial attack and then do it again from another angle. When he is low on health, the floor will ignite and deal damage.

If his health does not drop below threshold, he will go back to green backdrop after ~2 minutes (rough estimate).

- It's best to destroy the clock cover before this phase.
    - If the clock is not destroyed, Loser can be interrupted by applying Mirage.
    - Loser can also be interrupted by breaking his beak.
    - His shoulders cannot be destroyed during this phase.
    - It's possible to get hits in on his clock in between his attacks.

~60% health:
    When reaching this threshold, Loser will immediately teleport far away.
    Everyone should stand in front of Loser.
    He will create many daggers around the players' field, and then stop time.
    After a short period of time, all remaining daggers will turn into a billion small daggers that will instantly kill anyone within their range.

- You can dodge his time stop with invincibility (eg. step dash, Photon Blast).
    - Watch the red circle effect for the correct timing. Note that lag messes with the timing.
    - If you are caught by the time stop, you can wiggle out of it by pressing/wiggling everything.
    - Simply destroy the 1-2 daggers near the multi (who should all be standing in front of Loser).

Blue backdrop, or ~50% health:
    After the first time stop, the backdrop usually changes to blue.
    He will often then move into the center, and rotate two blades around the map.
    Players will then have to run ahead of the blades while avoiding mini red cyclones.

- You can dodge through the blades or use invulnerability to go through them.
    - It's possible for Twin Dagger and Dual Blade users to stay above the blades and keep attacking him throughout the entire rotation.

His other blue backdrop attacks are similar to red, but are much slower with different effects.
    The most dangerous attacks to note are:
    - He will fly upwards and then stab an arm into the floor, creating a giant shockwave that has a high chance of freezing players. You can't avoid this by staying in the air.
    - His X slash will create medium-sized red discs that follow players while leaving a trail of flames on the floor. These do immense damage and can be easily avoided by staying in the air.
    - He will bring two blades down (similar to red version, but much slower). These create shockwaves that seem to be easily avoided.
    - He may sometimes repeat the rotating blades if he stays in blue backdrop for too long.

~40% health:
    Upon reaching this threshold, Loser will immediately teleport far away again.
    He will then repeat the daggers time stop. This is identical to the previous one.

- On Extra Hard, he will sometimes create a second set of daggers.
    - During the second set of daggers, he will stop time again (watch for red circles on the second set).
    - He may also suddenly switch dagger positions. In this case, it may be best to destroy more than the daggers near the multi.

After the second time stop, or below ~30% health:
    When he returns from far away, he will switch to either red phase (~30% remaining) or blue phase (~15% remaining). Could be random.

After the red or blue phase, he will return to green/gold phase, but his attack pattern will change.
    During this new green/gold phase, he will hide his clock core below the map, use these new attacks:
    - From the side of the map, he will hit the floor with his palm, and pillars of energy will spiral outwards.
    - He will create a vortex that sucks players in, and then explodes.
    - He will charge red energy in his hands, which turns into a large spread of red balls that criss-cross throughout the map.

Breaking his beak will stun him, but he will always enter red phase after the beak breaks.

- The music will change to the PSO2 theme when he has around ~15% health.
    - A radio transmission will notify players when he has around ~5% health.

Try to make sure everyone is alive before he dies, as dead people do not receive EXP.
    However, if you're going to throw a Moon, be sure to watch out for red discs, red balls, etc.

Face beak destroyed:
    The beak should only be destroyed to interrupt phases.
    When destroyed, Loser will become stunned, sinking below the floor and revealing his chin core for about 6 seconds.
    This can only be done once.

- Note that the chin core is invulnerable when he is not stunned below the floor.
    - The chin core shield can be removed by destroying the shoulders and beak (thanks, LonelyGaruga).
    - After recovering from face beak stun, he will always? enter red phase.
    - However, if his arm is broken, he will open his shoulder and attempt to regenerate armor.
    - If he reaches a teleport threshold while stunned, I believe he will teleport away instead of regenerating his armor.

Bonuis quick kill video link from Milranduil (for organized groups):

I think that's everything for now. Hope it helps.

Credits to everyone who deserves them, because I'm lazy to write all the names down.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Dec 9, 2015 at 07:26 PM.

Just something to note about Mirage. Wind techs that hit multiple times do not apply the stated Mirage chance on a per hit basis. It's like power notation but worse, the actual % application rates aren't really known. That being said Razan and Sazan (mainly Sazan) are the best ways to apply Mirage to Loser. That goes for other weapon options, too.

Applying Mirage on Loser will interrupt a time phase, so it's preferable for tech users to try to continue attacking Loser as he teleports during his first sped up phase. Usually from what I've seen, Loser will enter the sped up time phase almost immediately after the second arm break, so no real timing is needed, just need to land hits between teleports. A good MPA will break Loser in one Mirage, then the rest goes as normal.

These are more questions than suggestions, but you should probably mention zanverse. I assume it's good for miraging him due to all the people attacking, but I would also think it would cause him to get miraged multiple times before the mirage ends like elder with shock. Either way it might be a good idea to mention if it's worth using or not.

Also, I think light techs in general are better at bossing if you aren't using elysion so you might want to mention mainly using wind techs for the mirage, and using light if possible. I dunno.

Also in pugs it might be a good idea to focus on a particular section during the knife party storm in case the group isn't able to break all of them while seperated.

Still this is useful stuff. :U

Thanks for the extra info.
    Does Zanverse apply mirage?

I decided to write this because I was in some awful Loser runs that couldn't break the core clock for over 5-10 minutes (not exaggerating).
    The Tech users didn't know what to do, either.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 28, 2015 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Thanks for the extra info.
    Does Zanverse apply mirage?
    Yup. it has an 18-20% chance, but I'm not sure if it's got the wonky notation stuff that multi hit techs have.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I decided to write this because I was in some awful Loser runs that couldn't break the core clock for over 5-10 minutes (not exaggerating).
    The Tech users didn't know what to do, either.
    I specifically remember a (VH) run I did where we were beating on him for several minutes without opening his clock even though there were 4 or 5 techers and forces in the party. I literally had to say "Use wind techs" in the chat. So yeah. I know what you mean. ;;

Thanks. Didn't know it applies Mirage. Awesome.

I've also been in some runs where we had everyone using Mirage and it never worked.
    That's just RNG being bullshit, though.

There is a way too how to solo ルーサー as Gu/Ra

When Luther sinks down he has a shield over his chin core you gotta break before dealing any decent damage to it?
    I don't do Luther much so I'm not sure how exactly it works but I got this impression.

Also, bunching up against the daggers is good. Spreading out means less people to take out any single dagger and around every destroyed dagger will be a safe zone where several people can wait out the explosion of the other daggers.
    I doubt all 12 can bunch up and be safe after destroying a single dagger but 5-6 ought to fit.

Finally, can you fully dodge XH timestop? Even if I dodge the circle and don't get frozen immediately I do get timestopped several seconds later. is that cause there is a 2nd circle that timsestops you or what's happening?

From what I Know, you can apply mirage up to 3 times.

Edit : Confirmed by Cirno
    Last edited by Poyonche; May 28, 2015 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

I never see DF Loser got miraged back to back, can anyone confirm?
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur