Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Default Splatoon

Anyone else got this way to addicting game and what are your thoughts?

For me it was something I kinda needed, something fun that you just keep playing, unlike PSO2 atm.

Story mode is rather short and feels a lot like Mario Galaxy, the final boss is just insane and long but the online multiplayer is fun and doesn't get boring so far. Only shame so far is that it only rotates between 2 maps which alter every few hours, would loved to see more variation in that. Also the beginner gun is way to broken with that shield special.

World Wide servers without any form of lag is something some games can learn from though.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The way it balances players around though is dreadful.
    I was level 5 and all others are 19-20? please.

Also i snuck into one of your games once lol

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

I wish I had a bit of expendable income to get myself a WiiU. Between this game, Smash Bros., and Mario Kart 8, I've really been wanting to get one. (I'm bad at saving money)
    Last edited by Anduril; May 31, 2015 at 10:33 PM.

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Oh yeah I'm really diggin' the game. Online is pretty fun but balancing could be better for sure. I'm just a lowly lvl 5 right now

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    The way it balances players around though is dreadful.
    I was level 5 and all others are 19-20? please.

Also i snuck into one of your games once lol
    Agree, I was like losing against the same 3 players with uber weapon sets many times in a row and every time the server would put them in the same team lol

I feel like once I level up all available clothes I will have nothing else to do, but so far the game is giving me new threads every day...

Yeah at first I thought the game balances around levels until I was in a match with 4 lv10+ against 4 <lv10. It just seems pretty much random. Aerospray and Splattershot JR are pretty much the 2 top weapons to use in this game.

What's everyone's name so I know who I'm playing with? I think it picks your Nintendo network ID or something? Would love to have a few games with you guys.

The game is just way to addicting right now for me. Did see a few times though people randomly d/c'ing right as the game start, as in only 3 players on my team spawn...those 3v4 matches are pretty much impossible to win but I pulled it off once and a few times that we lost by 1 or 0,5% or so. It's really hard sometimes to see who won

Also Ranked mode will unlock when enough people level up. Its something like a King of the Hill style and we get 2 more modes as well somewhere in august as well more maps and such so the game will get more content soon.

Celestial Manager~
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

It's very very addicting. And actually, the character name is not your Nintendo ID, but the name of the Mii you have currently associated with that Nintendo ID you signed in as.

Mine would show up in Splatoon as Dave Reed, even though my NID is different.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

So I got pointed to this yesterday by Ezo.

neogaf:
    "Splatoon will receive free content throughout the summer, with free new gear and weapons, as well as maps being released every other week, and two new modes later in the summer."
    Spoiler!

Hope it will be enough to last for a while.

@Akaimizu: Ah thats intresting, good to know.

Edit: new content arrived today! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055240
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Jun 1, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

Celestial Manager~

It will be because the content will keep coming out for that long. And probably longer than that. We are talking about the Animal Crossing Branch, which is behind this game.

They've been known for their pay up once, get later-released content for free, model. Their previous game efforts (since AC Wild World) have usually given Animal Crossing fans new free Downloadable content, for years after purchase. Now I can't say for how long they will do this since it isn't Animal Crossing itself. But I would be rather surprised, if they stop after all the promised updates are out. (The currently announced modes, including Capture the Tower, and Paintbrush weapons, and all currently revealed 9 additional mystery maps).

Take note, we're soon to get a great Mix-up soon, in the form of the First Splatoon Competition Festival. Where (In Phantasy Star Online Fashion), they dress up the Inkling Town in special festival decorations and music, and you get new battle challenges for exclusive rewards.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jun 1, 2015 at 12:32 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Auch 10 minutes the next game mode? I love splatoon because games are just 3 minutes lol it's so easy to say "just another one" again and again...

If someone wants to ad me as a friend, my Nintendo ID is suketodara, but my mii/inkling shows as landman.