Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Player Wondering About Premium

Hello, I was introduced to the Phantasy Star Universe (pun intended lol) during PSU. I have so many memories with that game and I wish the servers were still here because I was such a young kid when I was enjoying it (I'm posting this from work right now where does time go). I've recently found myself loving PSO2 while battling my way to level 50 with my first class, bouncer.

We can all agree that not having an English version of the game is lackluster but we work with what we get. With Tweaker I've found myself happy with most of the games content. I'm happy with it all besides the fact that player trading and some other useful stuff (not positive of the entire list) is restricted unless you are a premium member.

AND I CANT EVEN PAY FOR IT IF I WANTED TO! Sega pls.

Basically what I am asking is there a work around for accessing these features in PSO2 without purchasing premium? I see guides on here for purchasing AC but I haven't read up on what AC does so I'm currently unsure what AC allows you to purchase. I would totally be down to pay for a premium membership if there is a work around.

If anyone has any suggestions or would like to help and explain some of this stuff please do.

Edit 1: How does the payment system for premium work? Is it a subscription based system or a one-time purchase type of deal?

Edit 2: Ok I am making some progress. The only question I really have now is how do I download PSO2es on my iPhone when I live in the U.S.? I am seeing guides to download it on the Andriod but I'm just sitting here with my iPhone lost

Edit 3: Well after finally getting PSO2es downloaded onto my iPhone I was informed that the only way to get AC for the PC version is to go through the Android. I'm going to try a PC emulator of Android apps and see if this will work. At this point I am unsure whether the web-money route would be better.

LAST EDIT: So I decided to do the web-money route. Everything else seemed kind of confusing for me. Maybe others will find it easier but I don't have an Android master-race mobile device.
    Last edited by Puffs; Jul 7, 2015 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Wrapping this post up

You can buy Premium with AC... so there's that
    It's also very easy to purchase directly using PSO2es (read: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218485)

Sorry I can't give a more detailed reply atm, but I'm just about to leave for work. Still, I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarr View Post
    You can buy Premium with AC... so there's that
    It's also very easy to purchase directly using PSO2es.

Sorry I can't give a more detailed reply atm, but I'm just about to leave for work. Still, I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks.
    No problem, thanks for the reply! Ok cool so I can purchase premium with AC. Now the question is do I have to repurchase premium every month? Is it a subscription based system? Does anyone know how this works? Also now what is PSO2es? I'll edit main post with these questions.

Had to edit the link out of the quote because I don't have 10 posts..rip
    Last edited by Puffs; Jul 7, 2015 at 09:15 AM.

Also now what is PSO2es?
    http://phantasystar.wikia.com/wiki/P...ar_Online_2_es

Now the question is do I have to repurchase premium every month? Is it a subscription based system?
    There is a 3-month ticket that you can purchase instead it you prefer to not purchase it every month.

It is not a Subscription-based system as it will not charge your card until you personally do it yourself.

Premium works that way, you buy a ticket for 1300 AC for one month of premium in AC shop (but you also have 2 and 3 months tickets), you use it then you'll be premium for one month but when premium expires you go back to freemium until you rebuy a 1 or even a 3 months premium ticket. It doesn't refiil automatically so it's not a monthly subscription, you can be premium whenever you want but can't end it until it expires.

EDIT : ninja'ed

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    Premium works that way, you buy a ticket for 1300 AC for one month of premium in AC shop (but you also have 2 and 3 months tickets), you use it then you'll be premium for one month but when premium expires you go back to freemium until you rebuy a 1 or even a 3 months premium ticket. It doesn't refiil automatically so it's not a monthly subscription, you can be premium whenever you want but can't end it until it expires.

EDIT : ninja'ed
    Ok I'm starting to understand. The only difficult part is purchasing the damn AC. I wish I had Japanese relatives :/
    Rosetta Stone OP, sega pls nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffs View Post
    Ok I'm starting to understand. The only difficult part is purchasing the damn AC. I wish I had Japanese relatives :/
    Rosetta Stone OP, sega pls nerf.
    That's what PSO2es is for. You just link your credit card to Google Wallet and do purchases through the app.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    That's what PSO2es is for. You just link your credit card to Google Wallet and do purchases through the app.
    The problem with this is I don't use google wallet and I have this weird feeling an android device is needed to go through the app. I'll look into this. Thanks for the reply either way!

Edit: WAIT! Now you have me wondering. Do you use the same Sega ID you use for the PC version for the app? I'm assuming so. That was probably a stupid question but I asked anyways.

Would you mind explaining this process in further detail or can put me in the right direction with links? Either way I'll do some research.
    Last edited by Puffs; Jul 7, 2015 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Moar questions

Quote Originally Posted by Puffs View Post
    The problem with this is I don't use google wallet and I have this weird feeling an android device is needed to go through the app. I'll look into this. Thanks for the reply either way!

Edit: WAIT! Now you have me wondering. Do you use the same Sega ID you use for the PC version for the app? I'm assuming so. That was probably a stupid question but I asked anyways.

Would you mind explaining this process in further detail or can put me in the right direction with links? Either way I'll do some research.
    To login to PSO2es, just type in same ID and password you use in PSO2 PC.
    It'll ask for OTP (if your ID are using it) and then pick a char, your char level will be back to level 1 (PC and es level are separated!), and then you'll be forced to play tutorial quests before actually can use feature in there on pso2es.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    To login to PSO2es, just type in same ID and password you use in PSO2 PC.
    It'll ask for OTP (if your ID are using it) and then pick a char, your char level will be back to level 1 (PC and es level are separated!), and then you'll be forced to play tutorial quests before actually can use feature in there on pso2es.
    Great! Although I'm struggling to find a guide on how to download PSO2es on an iPhone. iOS sucks. Do you happen to know where I can learn to download the app?