Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

^Yes. JP server is a different game than SEA server.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I guess that's where we're different. I rather have content, I rather be up to date, I rather not have things cut out, I rather not have certain things missing and promised to come out later then reskinned as horrible recolours.
    I didn't have the problem during PSO because a lot of the content that was downloadable you could've used on the non-JPN versions so I didn't get to miss too much.

When it came to PSU though was when I've had it. I was on PSU 1st on PS2 and PC, stopped when I was a bit aggravated with the content around MAG and then went to the 360 version. By that time the PS2 and PC version was long dead and even then the 360 one which had Japanese players even on it was way behind and a lot of content missing and never ever came.
    A lot of not just the "westerners" but Japanese 360 players were pissed at this. There is no way at all in my mind that if they released a NA/EU version that I would not go to it and play it just for that.

Restarting isn't really one of the factors (but I also don't want to start completely from scratch either), but the main game and what will be missing is.
    5 years? That's due to your factor still once again. While I was on and off PSO2 since 2012 (just got back around the end of summer of 2014 after being gone almost 2 years) I've been playing PSP2 and PSP2i. Yes the online was cut off in both the Japanese version of PSP2 and PSP2i because of PSO2, but PSP2 for NA/EU was still up (is it still up? I haven't been back on that game for like 7 months) so I'm not sure what was stopping you.
    That's just me though.

Could not have said it better.
    No one could have said it better. Close topic. Nothing else to say here.
    I've looked into every option I could find to get my Phantasy Star thrill. PSP2 requires you to own the original PSP (I got a Vita). You either have to pay $100+ for the UMD or have bought it digitally in the past to re-download it. It is no longer in production. Playing PSP2 is more difficult than playing PSO2 JP. Then, I don't even know if the servers are still up. The fan base is probably low and the game is very old.

It is true, PSU was years behind in content. I hate Sega for this. Meanwhile we were paying $9.99 per month and had the servers cut off before even tasting the juicy end-game content.

But technically, PSO2 JP is incomplete in its own way. And this is the only fault I see with PSO2. I am basically playing just to play. I don't understand a majority of what the NPCs are saying. Aside from the first few dialogues of convo...everything else isn't translated. I skip through everything in this game because I can't understand it.

I don't think the JP servers for PSU had any translation. Not many people jumped ship to play that game despite it being years ahead in content. Fortunately, the lack of a NA/EU release compelled some great people to do some great work with the JP version.
    GT: X xi ReaveR x X

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neilp4453 View Post
    I've looked into every option I could find to get my Phantasy Star thrill. PSP2 requires you to own the original PSP (I got a Vita). You either have to pay $100+ for the UMD or have bought it digitally in the past to re-download it. It is no longer in production. Playing PSP2 is more difficult than playing PSO2 JP. Then, I don't even know if the servers are still up. The fan base is probably low and the game is very old.

It is true, PSU was years behind in content. I hate Sega for this. Meanwhile we were paying $9.99 per month and had the servers cut off before even tasting the juicy end-game content.

But technically, PSO2 JP is incomplete in its own way. And this is the only fault I see with PSO2. I am basically playing just to play. I don't understand a majority of what the NPCs are saying. Aside from the first few dialogues of convo...everything else isn't translated. I skip through everything in this game because I can't understand it.

I don't think the JP servers for PSU had any translation. Not many people jumped ship to play that game despite it being years ahead in content. Fortunately, the lack of a NA/EU release compelled some great people to do some great work with the JP version.
    Eh, as for the npcs in lobbies, I used to skip them without really reading them in PSU too actually whether it was English or Japanese. Mainly because it really meant nothing. The story though... I read every single thing because I really needed/wanted to know about the story.
    I think I did the same in PSO. Story quests and side quests with stories I will read everything, but in the other sections of the game the NPCs meant nothing to me.

In PSO2, while I'm way behind in the story (mainly because it was way too much of a damn hassle to do the damn matterboard years back which made me give up) and still on Episode 1, if I didn't understand the story missions, I think I would have probably hated PSO2 in those terms. Weird/crappy/silly story or not, I would like to understand it. In those terms if the story wasn't translated in a language I knew, I might have given up on the game before.

While waiting for PSO2, I was playing Dragon Ball Online. Wasn't in English or Japanese... was in Taiwanese (that's how you say it I think... or it was in Taiwan). There was English patches, but it mainly translated bits of the menu.
    The items, the story, the dialogues, the clothes, the whatever else was all still in Taiwan...ese. While I did enjoy playing the game a lot to the point I capped 2 races, I wasn't really having fun other than just playing with others as I really wanted to know the story.
    Then again I did go through the hassle of trying to get bits of the story offline from the game.
    Was it a chore? Yes.
    Annoying? Yes.
    Worth the time? Most times, not at all.
    I only did it as just as Phantasy, I do like the DB universe so I just tried to cope with it the best I can. In the end though, I kind of left the game about a year or so before the servers closed down. Which I think was just around when PSO2 arrived.

I guess you have one real option though and I don't mean the horrid SEA version. Best bet is wait some years until someone make a Private Server for PSO2 and hope they use translations of english for it. PSU barely has one as of now, and PSO2 I can't tell when they would do one. Even DBO they said they were making one for about the time the servers closed which was about around 2012 or 2013 and it's still not ready to even log into yet.

But really that's the only option I see, as I can't see how anyone would really take the option of playing on a NA/EU server if it really was made knowing how disgustingly behind the content will be. It's not even an NA/EU server and you can see how behind SEA is... that and a lot of the BS that they added to the game that sounds like something I would not enjoy one bit... stats on clothes? I'm glad that was freaking removed in the JPN game before it officially launched.

You have read Hans say his repetitive sentence once, you have read it enough times. Even understanding all those sentences they are always the same, and you will end skipping them even in English, specially if you are accepting and completing multiple orders.

IT'S A NEW DAY, YES IT IS

Quote Originally Posted by Daemetius View Post
    Cuz not everyone understand Japanese. Especially westerners. There are players who want to play the game, but can't due to the confusing process of registering and downloading.
    Cuz not everyone understand Japanese== well ok then

There are players who want to play the game, but can't due to the confusing process of registering and downloading == TIP TOP LEL M8 R8 8/8

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WEED420BLAZEIT View Post
    Cuz not everyone understand Japanese== well ok then

There are players who want to play the game, but can't due to the confusing process of registering and downloading == TIP TOP LEL M8 R8 8/8
    Fine by me. Keeps more retards out of the game that way.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    Fine by me. Keeps more retards out of the game that way.
    I highly doubt it.
    Even then though, it really isn't that hard to register at the very least. And almost impossible to mess up downloading and installing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekian View Post
    Hey so I finally downloaded this game hearing about the SEA situation, so I want to know if I decide to go on a JP server do I have to uninstall the game and do it the other way now?
    As long as you can access the pso2.jp website you should be good to play the JP version. For SEA you'll need to use any vpn for their IP region. Just have both in different directories and you can play both at any time on the same computer.
    Jack - Ship 2 - Killer Panda

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    While waiting for PSO2, I was playing Dragon Ball Online. Wasn't in English or Japanese... was in Taiwanese (that's how you say it I think... or it was in Taiwan).
    Taiwan uses Mandarin

Official announcement from the SEA publisher. IP blocks back in place.