Default Neith's Sketches

I've always been big on sketching things and did a lot of it while at University doing Games Design (oh what I'd give for those years back ).

University didn't encourage people at all and tried to shoehorn everyone into drawing the same way which didn't sit right with me and it ended up putting me off the career (which had no jobs anyway). I didn't draw for a few years until I went back and played PSO Episode 3. I realised the game had some incredible card art so I started doodling. It lasted for a while until ultimately I got a full-time job and didn't really feel motivated enough to draw after being at work all day. Very recently I decided to give it another chance and see if I could still draw or if I'd lost the talent completely.

Results!

Quartz Dragon (PSO2)
    Lineart done with Copic pens (will be coloured with Copic Markers), took around 30 minutes.
    Spoiler!

I'll put some of the older stuff here as well.

Old stuff (When cameraphones were terrible )

Tollaw (PSO)
    From the Episode 3 card art. Done with fineliner pens (the ones normally used for handwriting, I found they were great for rough sketches).
    Spoiler!

There's some really old art on my profile page so I won't link that here.

You might've noticed that I tend to draw things like monsters instead of human characters. I've never liked drawing characters as I find I struggle to depict them accurately.

I'll be adding more as I get chance to draw (again, 9-5 job gets in the way...) hopefully.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Well, they're definitely really good and well-detailed. Is that just ink pen on some white paper? Not bad at all.

Been hiding your skills from us, hm? I know you're a big fan of the game, but didn't know you can draw that well.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Well, they're definitely really good and well-detailed. Is that just ink pen on some white paper? Not bad at all.
    Thanks. Yeah, I just use fineliner pens on marker paper (which is a little thicker than regular paper so ink doesn't bleed through as much). I did use a tablet for a while but never liked it as much as traditional art.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhylec View Post
    Been hiding your skills from us, hm? I know you're a big fan of the game, but didn't know you can draw that well.
    I stopped drawing for years really (mainly because of how we were 'taught' at University) so it's very rare I do anything now. I just had a desire to get something drawn that I hadn't had for a while and with me playing PSO2 mainly now I figured it'd be something from that.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Cool drawigs, you got some solid art lines. Keep it up!
    Busy doing nothing...

*Waiting intensifies*Grass Assassin hype.

Woot I wish I was able to do that, I'm the exact opposite, I always tend to draw humans, I'm absolutely unable to astract-think in order to create something original like a monster.
    Great job with the design!