Default What's the Best Way To Play?

it's been a while since i picked this game up. but after playing a bit of PSP portable i'm thinking of starting my game over and shooting for chapter 12 to maximise the items i can carry over into ambition of the illuminus (and to get Karen's partner card

and right now i'm trying to figure out the best course of action for playing the game.

the last time i played i alternated between the hunter and the force so i could work on technics.

but unlike in phantasty star portable. leveling up photon arts and technics in this game takes a while.

so i'm considering my options for a new approach.

altho thanks to playing the portable game i've discovered a new respect for some of the weapons i didnt use before.

so i'm looking for some advice on how to play as ethan. should I stick to photon arts and use bullets for backup? or try to develop 1 or 2 elements of technic on the side?

The descriptions of the job types are misleading I choose whatever your comfortable with. Also Photon artes whether its strike, bullet or technics take awhile to level though leveling up is easy. I recommend carrying duplicates of weapons so you don't have to waste photon chargers (to avoid wasting meseta on photon chargers from NPC shops). Bosses have a lot of HP so spam your skills.

Also be careful with what Photon Artes you learn because sega didn't think ahead and enable unlearning (returning photon artes to their disc) any skills, bullets or technics . =/
    This was only possible on the network mode. Not sure if it was possible on ep2.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

much thanks

chances are that i'll stick with the hunter and just choose a few technics to use, cause some of the offensive technics take too long to cast. at least in episode 2 they diversified the weapon sets on the classes

the last time i played i was switching between classes every chapter and redoing the free missions over and over again it was driving me INSANE

the weapons i'll be focusing on are:

saber
    claw
    sword
    spear (if i can get das robado. das duggas is too uncontrollable)
    knuckles
    twin sabers
    twin daggers
    double sabers (i'm hoping to get that stingy CAST to give me spiral dance but if i cant get it i'll stick with tornado dance)

and if i can get the claw arts from headmaster nav and tonio i'll use those. but single daggers are out. the buyable art takes too long to use and the art from tonio is too wild and uncontrollable

by only problem in episode one is that they're totally STINGY on item synthesis boards.

you get a mid level craftable weapon and then very little until near the end of the game. it sucks

whereas there are goodies across the spectrum in episode 2. lots of different gear to make so i can set myself up with all 6 elements on all the different weapons

Quote Originally Posted by knight85 View Post
    much thanks

and if i can get the claw arts from headmaster nav and tonio i'll use those. but single daggers are out. the buyable art takes too long to use and the art from tonio is too wild and uncontrollable

by only problem in episode one is that they're totally STINGY on item synthesis boards.

you get a mid level craftable weapon and then very little until near the end of the game. it sucks

whereas there are goodies across the spectrum in episode 2. lots of different gear to make so i can set myself up with all 6 elements on all the different weapons
    NP, S ranking missions is tricky. I stick with Unsafe passage (evacuation I think its called) its easiest.
    Breaking boxes in the missions will have room decoration and you can make easy money. My memory is fuzzy about what room decorations drop, its been awhile since I played offlinemode. Earning a S rank will also give room decorations. The PA's that NPC give is about luck and patience. I hated that the most about offline mode which is probably why I burned out on finishing ep1 because the Photons Artes that you can learn "kinda" help with mob controlling. Advancing the story unlocks stuff and I can understand why you hate Ep1. I can relate.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

yeah the last time i played this game it was evacuation i played trying to get spiral dance and das robado from lou and leo. i spent 2 days playing that mission as a force before i got sick of it.

today while i was playing phantasy star portable i came to a decision on what technic's i'm going to use in future playthrus.

foie
    barta
    megid
    radiga
    rafoie
    ramegid
    gifoie
    gibarta
    gizonde

the rest all take too long to cast

Have fun and happy gaming. 0/