Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default An official PSO2 in the west? What would you expect?

Straight to the point.
    As with all games from outer regions there is one huge flaw when they get imported-

Localization of material and content.

What do you think would be the localized content we receive. Let's face it, Miku, Fate Night, and so on wouldn't live too well with the general populace, especially when competition steps in (WoW, RS, Guild Wars, Deadmau5). We'd probably get Indiana Jones, Star Wars and other cameos that are more western instead of the ones we liked on JP.

And yes i know i said RS, with sega's track record some games could still trample on them effortlessly they don't got the best MMO history.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickjaemz View Post
    Let's face it, Miku, Fate Night, and so on wouldn't live too well with the general populace, especially when competition steps in (WoW, RS, Guild Wars, Deadmau5). We'd probably get Indiana Jones, Star Wars and other cameos that are more western instead of the ones we liked on JP.
    On the contrary most asian mmos I've played or seen that do colab like promotions still do the ones they did in their original release or didn't do many at all. It's not like they don't know who the target demographic is. The hardest part is actually getting the rights to do it.

Mabi comes to mind as an example. The Miku and SAO stuff came to the NA servers but the FMA stuff didn't due to licensing issues.

If the game came out right now I doubt we'd get any of the ones we missed even if it were possible though. It's a matter of timing since these things are mostly promotional.

Miku would be there, after all Sega is releasing game after game in the west.

The only non Sega/anime collab I'd expect on an imaginary western pso2 server would be... Team Fortress 2.

Just no. Knowing sega they would start with episode 1 and forget about it. But if they gave content parity (as in weapons, classes, pa's mechanics and story) i wouldn't mind the lack of waifu clothes and switch

Mh, maybe we would start with the Hunter, Sniper and Wizard class.
    By levelling them to level 30, we would unlock 3 important missions which could unlock once completion : Rogue, Scout and Medic.
    However, we should not forget to feed our "Robot Pet" which can summon a "Magical Beast"when the "Magical bar" is full.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

I'd expect people to complain about being behind in content even though we shouldn't have experienced this JP content normally, anyway.

From my experience it never works out to be the same game. We would always be behind japan in promotions/content

Apos Doritos™
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey
    Being cool is what's important, and justice is cool!