Talking end game offline items

My limited online career back in the day ended with me losing all my 100+ characters with all their gear.
    So just farming back up to where I can actually clear through things without much difficulty. What do you suggest in terms of items to fill the huge lack of sranks (don't feel like going online and losing everything again). My problems lies with.. I have no S-Ranks and certain items that are obtained on online only. No black king bar or s rank twins, no s rank s rank zalure needle. etc

I'm inquiring about what items you(the community) think are good for an endgame ramar (purplenum), melee fomar (redria), Fonwearl (whitill), and Hucast (greenill). These characters are all just barely in ultimate. I also have a viridia, oran and skyly in ultimate(friends card) which can help me gear up.

I currently using..
    ramar: Frozen shooter, Justy, yas 9k (nothing for aoe or melee yet)
    fomar: Red handgun, Red saber
    fonwearl: summit moon, caduseus
    hucast: chain sawd, demolition comet, red handgun

Currently hunting lavis cannon, psycho wand, morning glory, agido(real) and eventually spread needle.

ps. i have both plus and normal 1&2

Thanks for any suggestions.
    I try because I can and I can because I try.

I have only really played Hunter, so I am going to focus on that.

Charge Vulcan could be a pretty good pickup for your HUcast. It can output some crazy dps, I cannot remember how vital the Hit % was for it but probably a good idea using one with Hit if you can find one. Charge Diska could also be a good pickup, though imo its very situational. Like hitting De Rol Le/Del Ra Lie while in water or the Dragons.

Red Sword should not be too hard to come across, amazing damage though Chain Sawd is not bad imo.
    Last edited by Norco; Aug 6, 2015 at 09:13 AM.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Why not take this time to play blue burst on PC? I seem to remember everything being free, easy to run, and better maintained than before it was free.

I dunno. I tried BB.. and just found there to be a ton of issues. That's why I made this post for PSO. But ty Zorafim.
    Ya im on the lookout for a red sword, just not too seriously. I just find unreduced gush for a melee too hard to give up. Also carrying around too many weapons is annoying to me. Ty for the reminder about a charge diska. I only have mechguns with charge so far. But ty for the response Norco.

Black

Since you're locked to offline mode and can't trade, your Redria FoMar will give you access to all the endgame armor/shields you need for all of your characters--as well as God/Battle--and your Purplenum RaMar will net you the easiest God/Ability drop for maxing your characters' stats. You should prioritize gearing those chars up first because their drops are awesome across the board.

FoMar can get an easy God Hand with decent %'s by plowing through Soul of a Blacksmith Ultimate on any char in GC+ who hasn't previously completed the quest, and doing a hard reset without saving after receiving your reward until you get a good one. FoMars gain a cast-speed bonus when using unarmed-type weapons, and benefit greatly from the well rounded-out ATP/ATA/LUK/MST that this weapon offers--one of the best non-ubers for FoMar/FoNewm imo. Doing the following on another character can net you a Suppressed Gun with great %'s as well, a very decent sidearm for low-ATA characters like HuCast or FoMar earlier on. Soul Banish, 50%hit+ double sabers and other weapons of this calibre are all examples of endgame gear beyond Psycho Wand, Rainbow Baton, or unobtainable S-Rank goodies.

Diska of Braveman is super easy to farm for %hit, since you lack AoE at the present time, and will be relevant throughout most of your RaMar/FoMar career. Once your FoMar gets to a higher level you can instead supplement your melee with techs and still do a moderate amount of damage against large crowds--spamming damage techs works a lot better in Episode I than Episode II, as the latter packs serious fire/ice/lightning resistance. Megid works pretty well for Episode II, but you'll need a Demonic Fork to pierce with it unless you're a FoNewearl, which makes the weapon worth hunting.

Once you get close to maxing out MST on your FoNewearl, you should think about pouring the rest of whatever available stat points you have via your MAG/units into ATA. FoNewearls have the best hit rate of the four Forces once you get into the higher levels, and make very good use of %hit Rayguns with stat-effect/1HKO/%maxhp-shaving special attacks--probably the most useful non-uber weapons as far as playing through Ultimate is concerned tbh. Fancy shields like merges can be super useful into endgame, but soloing a Foney can be tedious without the DEF/Evade that Tripolic Shield or whatever offers so use whatever you'll think will keep you alive above all else, and only use merges if you're confident in your ability to not get hit.

Greenill is a very awkward Section-ID choice for HuCast. Skyly would cover all the bases for endgame HuCast equipment but since you borrowed a friend's card it isn't necessary. If I were in your shoes I would switch over to a Bluefull--which isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be--for sake of cool equipment geared toward Android Hunters, as well as %hit Vjayas and a feasible HP drop should you choose to go down that road. Charge Vulcans are nice, but I prefer Charge Raygun for easier hits. S-Parts are boring to farm but definitely worthwhile. S-Red arms too, for a light Shifta+Deband when your mag isn't in the mood to do it. Imperial Pick is the sexiest weapon in the game.

Rangers are almost completely self-sufficient with the Purplenum ID, and the gear you'll want is pretty much self explanatory. Without berserk/zalure spread, Spread Needle is an obvious choice, as is Frozen Shooter. There are other endgame weapon choices for multiplayer, like unreduced splash weapons, but usually require photon drops/gallon quest to transform into relevant pieces of gear.

Merges and ELT/EDK armor/shields are also worth mentioning for endgame tech damage, zipping through Megids and tanking powerful light-moves. Defence isn't as important on characters that can Resta back up to full health so long as you aren't getting dropped in one shot from other sources of damage.
    Last edited by Bradenburg; Nov 5, 2015 at 02:14 PM.

Seeing as i most likely wont make it past just barely defeating the end bosses I thought greenill would be good for the early ultimate armor drops among other things.
    Ill keep an eye out for the high hit weapons you mentioned. they dont seem to be that hard to farm. I have been focusing on my redria and purplenum mainly seeing as they are the easiest to farm with and most of my friends play hunters.. only hunters lol so having some diversity helps.
    Anyhow, thanks for the tips.

Black

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

I have a Bluefull Hucast on both GameCube and Xbox. You should seriously consider farming for a Berdysh. It is not as powerful as a SJS (not much is though), yet gives you the same TP special attack. Great for mobile enemies, and for Da Ral Lee on ULT. I have almost always found 50% hit vulcans on the seabeds. Also, check the store coming back from the seabeds. 50% hit charge vulcan with maxed out luck is great for dealing serious damage.

Ya I was seriously pondering bluefull. I think once I get what I need out of the section IDs I have I'll level up my bluefull. And ya, I lost my charge vulcans with the corruption so I'm looking for a new pair. Ty for the tips.