Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If it'll work on Win7, that would be a nice addition to my setup. If not, well I still have a wireless keyboard, NBD.
    PID - Di3S3L - 11723778
    Ship 2 - 0RK1D / SHiFT.Di3S3L
    Ship 8 - LOCK-ON

Gonna piggyback on this since it is relevant. With this chatpad coming out and my current XBox360 controller issues (I have two wired ones, one is no longer working due to a problem with the connection between the cable and the controller, and the other is just really old and has the creeping thumbstick issue as well as reduced response from the buttons), would it be worth my money to invest in an XBox One controller? To those of you who have used one, how is it versus a wired 360 controller in terms of comfort and size?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Gonna piggyback on this since it is relevant. With this chatpad coming out and my current XBox360 controller issues (I have two wired ones, one is no longer working due to a problem with the connection between the cable and the controller, and the other is just really old and has the creeping thumbstick issue as well as reduced response from the buttons), would it be worth my money to invest in an XBox One controller? To those of you who have used one, how is it versus a wired 360 controller in terms of comfort and size?
    Honestly, it's my favorite controller. It feels perfect! The only thing that threw my off at first was how the triggers were shaped, but you'll get used to them. Best thing is, you won't worry about cable issues ruining your controller, since you can use any micro usb/phone charging cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Honestly, it's my favorite controller. It feels perfect! The only thing that threw my off at first was how the triggers were shaped, but you'll get used to them. Best thing is, you won't worry about cable issues ruining your controller, since you can use any micro usb/phone charging cable.
    It was the Left and Right buttons for me. They take just a LITTLE more force, which really threw me off since I've been using a 360 controller more or less daily since the launch of the console. Outside of that, no complaints. D-pad is much better as well.

if you're used to the 360 controller, then you might find the XB1 controller a bit small over long periods of play. You're going to have to take momentary breaks or your hand will cramp. My controller is a little over sensitive with the d-pad, so selecting options might be an annoyance, but it's countered by the fact that I'm relaxed on my bed while playing for long hours. It will exhibit some wear, specially if you're used to pressing the L3 stick to sprint in shooters[COD Ghosts, Destiny], it'll usually make indentations around the thumbstick hole, and the stick deadzone will also widen over time giving you the creep problem. But if you're willing to overlook the problem, it's not bad.
    PID - Di3S3L - 11723778
    Ship 2 - 0RK1D / SHiFT.Di3S3L
    Ship 8 - LOCK-ON

Just wanted to bring this back up for a bit of a follow up to my previous question. I ended up getting the XBox One controller, but since I don't think I'm going to be updating my current desktop to Windows 10 any time soon, and thus won't be able to use the official chatpad, I decided to look around, and found one of these for cheap:
    Spoiler!

It's basically just a 2.4GHz wireless keyboard that gets its power directly via the connection on the bottom of the XBox One controller. It adds very little weight to the controller (mostly because it is made of relatively cheap plastic, but as long as it stays on the controller, that shouldn't matter much; plus, I got it nice and stuck in there with the controller cover), and the receiver it comes with is recognized as a proper input device in Windows 7. I've been using it the past couple of days in PSO2, and it works perfect for quick access to the sub-palette, given Direct Chat is disabled. It does add a bit of bulk considering I only use the first row of buttons, but I don't find it cumbersome; then again, I'm able to comfortably use one of the old XBox Duke controllers, so it might not be a solid solution for everybody.
    Last edited by Anduril; Aug 21, 2015 at 05:05 PM.

would it be worth my money to invest in an XBox One controller? To those of you who have used one, how is it versus a wired 360 controller in terms of comfort and size?
    It seems pretty terrible to me. In fact it's unusable with how bad it is. Unlike pretty much every other controller in existence (including the Xbox 360 controller), the shoulder buttons on the Xbox One controller are hinged. What this means is that you can't press them from the inner edge or the middle, and can only really press them from the outer edge. It makes it incredibly awkward and difficult and uncomfortable to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    It seems pretty terrible to me. In fact it's unusable with how bad it is. Unlike pretty much every other controller in existence (including the Xbox 360 controller), the shoulder buttons on the Xbox One controller are hinged. What this means is that you can't press them from the inner edge or the middle, and can only really press them from the outer edge. It makes it incredibly awkward and difficult and uncomfortable to use.
    I did end getting the newer model that touts improved shoulder buttons; I just tried pressing them from every possible position, and they are responding perfectly with the same "clickyness" across the entire shoulder button, even right on the hinge.

Really? I would be interested in getting it if that's the case. But how can it press in the same way even on the hinge itself?

Lmao did you just call a controller that you've never even tried unusable?